Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Pistons-Curry, An Experiment Gone Bad? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 773
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe Dumars has made some bum moves along with some brilliant ones. It appears to me, that along with the Darko pick, making Curry, w/o head coaching experience, is a flop. What say you? How can the team fail so much, in such a short time? He does seem to be over his head to me and the promise of a hard driving coach is non-existent. He seems a lot like Flip Sanders now. Is it the players that do not care for him? How about some opinions out there.

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stotter, I think Curry was made head coach because of his relationship with Chris Bosh. I agree he's in way over his head! The team is rebuilding not for next year but for 2010-11. I understand that and I understand the Iverson trade. I think Joe made a bigger mistake in over valuing Rodney Stuckey. Let's just hope both Stuckey and Curry get better, and Mr Bosh and a few other free agents find a home in Detroit.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 653
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dumars knew over the next couple of years he would be breaking up the core group but while doing that he needed Stuckey to develop. An experience coach would have a hard time with this. One of the reasons Flip was let go was because he wasn't playing Stuckey enough. Curry is a victim of the bad chemistry with bringing AI on the team and his bad defense plus with the already existing problem of low post scoring/defense. Joe probably figures that if Curry can make it thru this until 2010 when Detroit will be ready to compete for titles again then you will have a good and tested coach. If not then he can hire the best man available.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 930
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Teams get old in a hurry. The Pistons big men are old. Wallace is also disinterested. Rip is pissed and rightfully so. Prince is being asked to defend power forwards far too often. The bench turned out to be as overated as most exciting young role players are. So we are left with rolling the dice along with 10 other teams clearing cap room in hopes of attracting one of 3 guys next year, probably 1 or 2 of whom will stay where they are.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 755
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This team has no direction, no interest in playing, and a coach who motivates them less than Flip. They have become boring to watch on most nights and routinely make stupid mistakes. I agree this is a rebuilding phase, however I believe the talent we have is still better than 7th place in the East.

Firstandten

Post Number: 657
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to just see them tank the season. They can't win it, they weren't going to win with Billups,maybe they can get into the lottery get a high pick to go along with the cap space they can come back strong in a couple years and give us another 8-10 yrs or so of being competitive.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 959
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The pistons are easily one of the worst teams in the NBA...WOW. Folks, Iverson is that bad!

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 796
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be surprised if Curry will be back next year. Somebody is going to inherit a championship caliber team, within the next 2 years after the money the pistons will have and the deals they make. It will not be Curry.

Scooter2k7
Username: Scooter2k7

Post Number: 213
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael Curry needs to go. Dumars has one more chance to get this right. He fires Carlise and Carlise brings them to the Eastern Conference finals, he fires Flip and Flip brings them to 3 East Conf. finals, but Curry will finish below .500 and out of the playoffs. Curry should be fired now and Laimbeer should be hired in the off season. Dumars also needs to tell Rasheed to just stay home the rest of the season.

Firstandten

Post Number: 704
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Curry is not going anywhere. Curry is doing what Dumars wants him to do. Dumars is rebuilding the team on the fly. Curry is playing the guys a lot of minutes to see who they are going to keep. Many veteran coaches wouldn't want to play the bench players like Curry is doing. Piston fans are going to look at a bumpy road this year and possibly next. Dumars will hopefully have the team competitive by 2010-11 season. Curry may not be coaching by then but he would have gotten valauble coaching experience.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.