Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Super Bowl XLIII « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3851
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it's half time, and that last play sure turned things around in a surprising manner. Meanwhile, the ads are pretty lame this year; the early one for Audi particularly stunk.

Let's now see if Arizona and the ads both can improve for the second half.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 389
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They totally blew it with that interception!!
Doesn't look good for the redbirds. Ads are lame couple of good Dorito/Cheeto ones though.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3852
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, pretty darn good game! One of the best super bowls ever! AZ sure made a game of it, but you have to tip your hat to the Steelers in the long run.

Yeah, the doritos ad was about the best of the bunch. The ads for upcoming movies really stunk, as did most of them. Ad agencies need to get some new thinking in their schlick.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3560
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loved the game! Liked the halftime show! Thought the ads stunk. Loved the outcome of the game. The Steelers rock!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6592
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a football fan, I loved the game. It was an epic battle with lead changes constantly in the 4th quarter. It wasn't until the last few moments that you could tell who was going to win it. Both teams hung in there and battled and I think it'll be one for the ages, especially with that winning catch.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6594
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 12:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone catch Larry Foote's opening bit when the players introduced themselves and he didn't mention his affiliation with Michigan? Instead he mentioned Pershing High School in Detroit and praised the Doughboys as well.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 200
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy,

My son in law told me that Larry Foote would like to return to Detroit and play for the Loins, and after he retires, his desire is to coach Pershing High School...I don't know just how true that rumor is, only that I thought it interesting that a native Detroiter would like to come home. He would be better than any of the current Lions linebackers.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw Larry at a UM Homecoming game a couple years ago on the sidelines during the game. He is a proud alum and supports his school. He obviously loves his High School as well.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1686
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That would be a change Hornist, someone coming to play for the Lions before he retired.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.