Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Less than 2 months to Opening Day . . . « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 920
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the cold weather has you wishing for baseball season and the economy will keep you from heading to Florida, just a reminder that March 9 the Tigers (or rather Venezuela) play Justin Morneau and the rest of Team Canada in the opener of the World Baseball Classic in Toronto. Latest reports say Guillen, Maggs and Cabrera will all be playing.
Rooms at Hotel 401don are just $29 CDN.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 734
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Tigs will suprise once again this year. (they surprised in '06, '08 and '09?).

This, like '06, should be a pleasant surprise. '08 was like 'not good.'

Leyland has so many pitchers who COULD have positive seasons.

Maybe Porcello helps the club, Zumaya might be healthy, maybe Ryan Perry helps, Maybe Willis is 100% healthy and helps, maybe Edwin Jackson helps, Maybe Rodney is healthy, etc.

Like lottery tickets, having more tickets increases the chances of coming up a winner.

Better P + better D = better record.

This team surely can hit well enough to cover for a few soft hitters.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9470
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope you're right, but either way, opening day can't come soon enough for me.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 735
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually I could have added '04, I think.

Wasn't that the bounce back year, Pudge's first year, when Tigs turned around from a near record loss record season.

This team surprises a lot

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.