Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » NBA: Players Ratings « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The most underrated player in the league is Brandon Roy. He is great in almost all aspects of the game.

He is 5 times the player Iverson is. Iverson being the most overrated...

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't argue about Roy being underrated, but there are more way overrated players than Iverson. Steve Nash, Yoa Ming, Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, Jason Kidd, and Dirk Novinski would create my short list of overrated players. I would prefer to have AI over all those guys.

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree big time...
Tracy McGrady, Carmelo Anthony, and Jason Kidd

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 410
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carmelo, Iverson, Nash, OVERRATED! What kind of basketball have you guys been watching! I would put those players in my top 10 list of players in the NBA!

On the other hand...Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, J.J. Reddick, can start a list real quick!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting on!

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BSX-Kwame Brown, Darko Milicic, J.J. Reddick...these players have done nothing to even get on the radar...

What i mean by overrated is basically one dimensional...AI, Carmello, and Kidd are pretty much one dimensional players who only offer a team one aspect of basketball.

I think Nash is a good player.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 411
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tend to never debate an individuals opinion(s), but 'Dbrooklyn' with all do respect, to say A.I. and Mello are, as you state, 'one dimensional', is extremely off-base and perhaps infused within your personal distaste upon the history of their 'character' in the league, rather than a fair evaluation of the history of their play in the league.

A.I. demands a double, can penetrate, shoot off the dribble, pass, and defend relatively well by his size, making him in my book, pound-per-pound one the best shooting guards in the history of the game!

Mello is big, strong, quick, can post, can shoot mid-range or long distance, can rebound, and can drive to the basket, is perhaps a defensive players 'nightmare', making him the ultimate 3 position match-up problem.

How do you consider those players 'one dimensional'?

You also included on your overrated list, McGrady, Yao, and Dirk...come on 'Dbrooklyn', you can't be serious!

Nice thread!

blksoul_atcha!
We are what we have been waiting on.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 412
Posted on Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In no particular order, my top Five players in the NBA

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Allen Iverson

Most overrated....

Gilbert Arenas
Baron Davis
Larry Hughes
Jermaine O'Neil
Rayfer Alston aka 'skip-to-my-loo'

Also, I will list any european player that comes to the NBA and can only shoot the 3 ball/or Flop!

blksoul_atcha!

Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great call on Jermaine O'Neil ...HE is soft!

Hughes is overrated as well but he had 2 great years.

What about a player like delonte west or mo williams?

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Thursday, December 04, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iverson is waaaaaaay overrated, and I don't like the fact that he's a Piston now. He's been playing something like 13 years now, and still can't run a play. He's got talent, but he's never looked like a team sport player to me. When he steps on the floor you can tell he's only out to pad his own numbers. This is why Larry Brown left Philly years ago, AI is not coachable.

With that said, I'd rather see just about ANYONE, in the guard spot over AI.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, December 05, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tetsua stated...
quote:

'Iverson is waaaaaaay overrated'...

A.I. is 3rd ALL-TIME in career scoring behind ONLY Jordan, and Chamberlain, and has a league MVP under his belt, but yet you call him 'waaaaaaaay overated'?

While I may understand your hatred for his past character issues (then too, he is a saint, compared to some other sport hero's of our past to which we laud, ie: Babe Ruth, Joe Namath, etc.), however I do not understand how a fan of the game can be turned off by the actions of Iverson's basketball skills.

blksoul-atcha!

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 509
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In no particular order

10 most underated:
Joe Johnson
Brandon Roy
Danny Granger
Marcus Camby
Paul Millsap
Devin Harris
David Lee
Boris Diaw
Caron Butler
Udonis Haslem

10 most overated
Vince Carter
Ben Wallace
Tracy McGrady
Jason Kidd
Andrei Kirilenko
Allen Iverson
Dirk Nowitzki
Gilbert Arenas
Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony

Jonesy
Username: Jonesy

Post Number: 510
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 best players
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwayne Wade
Dwight Howard

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.