Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Pistons Bench « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chefdave
Username: Chefdave

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wondering if anyone in the forum thinks the pistons will add to there bench or if they need two. It seems like they are two guys short and with Ant gone they are missing that 6th man.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 860
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends if Dyess is really gone. Chances are at least 50-50 he's back after 30 days from the trade date. I think he understands why he had to be added in the trade and, if it was presented properly by Joe, would not have any ill will about returning. But if he's pissed off about returning to the same team for less money after the buyout or thinks his best chance and last chance to win is with the Celtics, he may be gone and the Pistons will look for a big man as the playoffs approach.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McDyess will be back and then they will have a proper scoring big man off the bench. Right now, the bench is in good shape everywhere except down low.

I am a bit worried about the Celtics, but I think they would want McDyess more for keeping him from the Pistons, rather than because they actually want him, and I think he would see that.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Iverson finds his ass on the bench soon...He is toxic to team chemistry.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^ I second that

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 415
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even Stevie Wonder (no disrespect to Stevie) can see that Iverson is NOT the Pistons problem...dag-gee, what's up with the Iverson 'hateration'?

Personally, I would say that Iverson needs to be a bit more aggressive in shooting, he is not shooting enough of this team. Curry is trying to fit Iverson into a 'slug system' as oppose to adjusting toward Iverson's 'high powered' game.

Curry has single handily diminished the team chemistry since he took the coaching job by haphazardly utilizing his starters, bench and role players!

Please stop blaming Iverson for the Pistons ills!

blksoul_atcha!

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its way to early in the season to even be concerned. Dont blame Curry and dont blame Iverson, were just trying to figure some things out. This is a very long season, be patient.

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2009 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone see last nights Pistons, Hornets game?
Without Iverson, the Pistons actually looked like the Pistons! Iverson is a great talent but it's gotta' be hard playing with him on your team.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Tuesday, March 03, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since Iverson has been gone with his hurt back, Pistons are actually playing basketball again. It's amazing how bad they suck when he's around.

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be interesting to see what happens when Iverson comes back. I really hope he excepts his new role. If he does the Pistons could actually go a long way in the playoffs.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Since Iverson has been gone with his hurt back, Pistons are actually playing basketball again. It's amazing how bad they suck when he's around.

Yet when Hamilton was hurt they had what a 8 game winning streak. They are broken team and have been for years, no one player is at fault.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.