Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Tigers Game Price Increases « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the Detroit Free Press:

Excerpt:

The Tigers on Friday announced plans to increase some ticket prices at Comerica Park for 2009, including the introduction of premium pricing for the most popular dates on the schedule.

...The increase for those (select game) seats will range from $2 to $7.

Link: http://www.freep.com/article/2 0081115/SPORTS02/811150371/111 8/RSS

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 859
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really hate the premium pricing for certain games idea. I would rather have seen a smaller across the board increase that would raise the equivalent revenue but you just knew once N.Y. or Boston, or whoever it was, started this the other teams would follow. It's just so much simpler to say box seats are X dollars and reserves are Y.

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 155
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, the economy tanks and you raise ticket prices?

I read an article recently about player salaries finally go down, and payrolls going down. Other than the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers, and Cubs, teams are tightening the belt.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.