Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Link To Watch The Lions vs Skins Blackout Game « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I caught this link on a sports messageboard:

http://www1.myp2p.eu/broadcast .php?matchid=21834&part=sports

I have never used it before, so if it doesn't work at gametime, don't blame me..LOL!!

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another one I found:

http://www.stoogetv.com/player .html

Go to the site right about the time the game is supposed to start and the moderator will post links to all this weeks games in the chatbox. Click on the lions/redskins link and choose windows media player to run the stream.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 644
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would anyone, even attempt to watch, and waste their precious time, watching this team? They must want to hurt themselves, or have no life. Here's some better things to do:
1.Attend church with your family
2.Get to know your kids more
3.Drink less beer
4.Be in a better mood all day for your wife
5.You'll swear alot less today
6.Go to the zoo or DIA
7.You won't kick your dog or wife today :-)
8.Read a good book, maybe a bible
9.Relax, maybe take an afternoon nap
10.It will be your less frustrated Sun. in years

Use your imagination, instead of watching this joke of the NFL. If you really want to watch this, question your sanity and seek professional help. It's your choice and up to you.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 645
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disclaimer: Flanders my post is in general and not directed at you. Those sites could be really good at some time

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9108
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How hypocritical can you be, stotter?

Out of those ten supposedly "helpful" things you've listed, how many of them do you do every Sunday? Or are you one of those fans that "must want to hurt themselves, or have no life."? Do you "question your sanity and seek professional help." when you yourself watch the games??

Again, bag on the Lions team for being a horrible team, blast the Ford family for not being smart about things, criticize the play of the players, critique the logo, hate the color scheme, question the draft picks, nit pick the officiating, complain about the price of beer at the games, play armchair quarterback, be a stat geek but NEVER ever question the loyalty of the fans; because you're one too.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1.Attend church with your family
BTDT

2.Get to know your kids more
No Kids

3.Drink less beer
Don't drink

4.Be in a better mood all day for your wife

My mood isn't affected by the Lions unless they lose during a "contending season" (which hasn't happened in the 21st century)

5.You'll swear a lot less today
See #4

6.Go to the zoo or DIA
Did that dozens of times in the 80s and 90s, and am disabled now

7.You won't kick your dog or wife today :-)

No dog, but I love our cats (and all pets) too much to be cruel to them. My wife is 5' 11' and kicks back...LOL!

8.Read a good book, maybe a bible

I am semi-retired, have read thousands of books, can read whenever I want.

9.Relax, maybe take an afternoon nap
See #8

10.It will be your less frustrated Sun. in years
See #4

I think that it is kinda cool to be able to watch the Lions play a NFL-mandated blackout game anyway in the internet age, and I don't expect anything but a blowout today by the Redskins, but I haven't attended a single game since the move to Ford Field, and own no team paraphernalia.

The Lions took the wind out of my sails for poking fun at them by firing Millen, benching their starting QB, and trading a star WR. They have put up the white flag, with the season not even half over and now I watch for the reason of the historical significance of their real possibility of running the table to an 0-16 season record.

(Message edited by Flanders_field on October 26, 2008)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5485
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

besides, you know they'll win today just because it's blacked out

(they're up 7-3 and moving at 11:50 in the 2nd)

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

10-3...Jason Hansen FG.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 562
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lions still suck. 23-10 skins punt return for a touchdown. poor tackling

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9116
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

17-25... oh well.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

0-7, but at least they weren't blown out. The strip from Campbell late in the game might have given them a better chance to win, had the Lions recovered it.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 364
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I the only one that is beginning to think that Calvin Johnson could be a bit over-rated? Or is he still young and his youthfulness is showing. Or could it be the play scheme of the offense. I think he was better under Mike Martz.

Also Dan O' still has yet to make a big play in a timely fashion. He seems scared under presser. I don't see him being a Lions much longer.

Bottom line, this team is not very talented...on down to the coaching staff!

How was I so fooled during the exhibition season?..then too, I had some skepticism. I guess it was the cornbread smell!

By the way, thanks for the link (especially the second link) showing the Lions. I must be a true fan?

blksoul_atcha!
Obama o8'

(Message edited by blksoul_x on October 26, 2008)

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 832
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Calvin Johnson needs a two minute drill on how to tie his shoes.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

QBs have to throw to their star WRs in double coverage, and especially when they have a size advantage and jumping ability.

No risk, no glory.

Lions' O rarely takes chances, unless the defense forces them to, and then disaster occurs.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2715
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Am I the only one that is beginning to think that Calvin Johnson could be a bit over-rated? Or is he still young and his youthfulness is showing. Or could it be the play scheme of the offense. I think he was better under Mike Martz.

your right the team is not very talented but when he has the ball you can see that he is a special player. Unlike Barry who got the ball twenty times a game, Detroit has a QB who has no balls and is scared to throw down the field. Teams will allow you to dink and dunk all day long.

the fact remains that the players on the bench have better talent then the players on the field, problem is they don't play.

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 2121
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So was anybody able to watch the game from the links provided?

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The streaming links from the stoogeTV website were perfect when viewed with WMP and using IE to browse to it. The links posted in the chatbox there had to be clicked within 20 seconds or they became unaccessable. Fortunately they were reposted frequently by the moderators for almost the entire game for every game all day.

The first link that I posted was of poor quality with apparently no sound or any video sizing controls.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2717
Posted on Monday, October 27, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All you to do was what until game time and check the links and a HD feed was waiting for you of the Lions and the Skins.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.