Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » MIllen Fired??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just caught wind of a rumor that the ax fell on Matt Millen today...any word???

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 498
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think your wind is blowing in the wrong direction.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10391
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also have money left to me from a former King in Africa. All I need is your bank account number so that I can deposit it and you can send me the rest. For your troubles I will give you 10% of the entire sum. It is worth approx. $15 million.

D_mcc

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah...I got wrong info...my bad

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everybody in the World has now fired Millen except William Clay Ford.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 577
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roy Williams, in todays freep says, Millen should be kept and not be fired. He also says that the fans should blame the players and not Millen. What's he smoking?

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8846
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roy Williams is at least taking the blame for his actions (or is it inaction) on the field. His logic about excusing Millen's a bit far fetched but at least he's man enough to admit his mistakes and willing to atone for them. Now if only Millen would do the same and leave.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 501
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wind is back blowing in the right direction

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c om/2008/football/nfl/09/22/tra cker/index.html

Kenp

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take that back, now even William Clay for has fired him.
Roy Williams is a goofball. He never blamed himself in the article, he would never do that. Its all about him.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did he resign or did he get fired?

20043_stotter

Post Number: 579
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy, don't spin the article. It's evident that you haven't read it. He doesn't mention his own play, not even once. He states that Millen should not be fired. He doesn't say a word about himself or his play. Where did you get that? Read the article before you post your own syruppy spin about it. You are still in the state of denial about the Lyin's. Be man enough to admit your mistake about the Lyin's.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5234
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Roy Williams is at least taking the blame for his actions"

That's more than whining baby Kitna does. The day before Kitna was in the paper saying he's not the problem. Maybe he thinks it was Roy who threw those interceptions.

Millen probably resigned. It's not as if he needs the job. He can stay in Pennsylvania full time now.

Gumby
Username: Gumby

Post Number: 1830

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/s tory/8601458/Millen-out-as-Lio ns-president,-GM

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow..talk about way overdue, but then this is the franchise that let Russ Thomas run it into the ground for so many years.

I suppose Marinated is next.

No more Ms!!

Will they get rid of the black in the Lions unis, too?

(Message edited by Flanders_field on September 24, 2008)

D_mcc

Post Number: 1284
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coughTOLDYOUSOcough

Goat

Post Number: 10398
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I owe you an apology D_mcc, you were correct afterall!
Now they have to get rid of the rest of the bums, the front office and Marinelli.

Goat

Post Number: 10399
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I owe you an apology D_mcc, you were correct after all!
Now they have to get rid of the rest of the bums, the front office and Marinelli.

Kenp

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well dmcc, you should have laid low, but you came out with this, "Yeah...I got wrong info...my bad".
But to your credit, this thread will now live in infamy.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOOD.

Whats next? Who is going to step in...Is Roy going to be traded?

Kenp

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Roy is a free agent. he gone.
Hmmm who should we hire?

Smogboy

Post Number: 8849
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stotty, don't talk to any of us about spinning Lions articles here. I read the article word for word so before you start calling other folks out on their actions, hold a mirror a little closer to your myopic tired views of the team here. You wouldn't have a life unless you were complaining about the Lions here. Roy Williams is at least taking responsibility as a player. The article clearly stated "The players, Williams said, ultimately are responsible for the team's performance." At what point did he distance himself from being a Lions player here? What spin did I put on it that I curdled your buttermilk?

Now you be a MAN about things and admit to calling people out on the wrong things. Don't question fans on their loyalty. And quit playing that I'm above the Lions fans crap here. You're one too not unless your life is so pathetic you've got nothing better to do than question other peoples' loyalty to their hometown team.

(oh lemme guess, I call you out and you're just going to respond with a feeble emoticon again)

Kenp

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey hey, quit fighting. Lets all rejoice in the news. Of course until the next hire.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 580
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the article, Roy Williams did not personally mention himself as to blame for his poor play as you falsely stated. Where did you see that? Read it again. As far as blame, the whole organization can accept that, but Williams did not single himself out as you posted. It appears you interpreted what you wanted too, again. The readers should decide for themselves, and they will.

(Message edited by 20043 stotter on September 24, 2008)

Smogboy

Post Number: 8850
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get over it stotty. When did you suddenly think Roy Williams distance himself from being a part of the team? The article said "The players, Williams said, ultimately are responsible for the team's performance."- doesn't that include him? Quit splitting hairs, quibbling over minutia and calling people out. You're not adequately equipped to do so.

Like kenp said- I'm all for rejoicing over this. Millen is yesterday's news and to which I am very thankful.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 581
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Millens gone :-) :-) :-) Who's next?

20043_stotter

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you keep lyin's out of your back yard?

Put up goal posts.

Jtf1972
Username: Jtf1972

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the black stripes look awful. To me, it looks like you got out some electrical tape and had fun.

I have thought for a while that they should go to a uniform based on the throwback uni's from a decade ago. Something like they looked like in the early 60's... kinda like the Seahawks used to look like.

Instead, they wanted to look tough by adding a black stripe around everything. Yep.

Can we tear the roof off Ford Field now and get some sun, air and weather in on a football game like every new stadium other than ours?

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 917
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

**Does carlton dance and perfect strangers happy dance as ren and stimpy's "happy happy joy joy" plays in background**

D_mcc

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When the Vikes open up their new gem...

Detroit will be the sole team in the NFC North without an open air stadium...

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of the best games that I ever watched the Lions play was a Monday night game vs the Cowboys, in the 90's and both teams were wearing their throwbacks.

I would like to see them get rid of the lame Lion silhouette on their helmets as well, and if they must have a decal create a simple D logo instead, (not the olde english "D" of course) keep or remove the blue&white stripes, on it, might as well get down to "brass tacks"

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2589
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But Ford Field will still be the class of the division. Quite possibly the NFC. Lucas Oil is my current favorite

No one else is next. Marinelli and staff along with the rest of the players have the rest of the season to prove themselves.

You can't hire anyone now, so you evaluate for the rest of the season.

(Message edited by _sj_ on September 24, 2008)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as much as i think indoor football is for wimps, ford field is a great place.

Jtf1972
Username: Jtf1972

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best Lions logo ever:

http://www.sportslogos.net/ima ges/logos/7/170/full/472.gif

The current lion on the helmet was used at the same time as this was used as a logo not on the uniform, but it looked much better when it was a simple blue lion on a grey helmet with the two blue stripes... no white shadowing. no black shadowing.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.