Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Archive through August 31, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Balls comes to mind too .... Short Putter maybe? SR I think found out early that she had more drive than GB did ... But Howie liked the whole golfing scene ....

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2354
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never knew about Howie...he was a Spartan...but SR did prefer the long driver...size does make a difference.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2046
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I always thought that Howie was a golfer ... I figured that he was a wasted bronco ... and would get teed off when he get his balls off the tee ... hee hee..... I think he was the one that liked the LONG DRIVER .... size was important to him according to SR ....

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB picks his women like he selects his golf clubs. He likes the ones whose knuckles lie flat on the ground with only a slight bend at the waist.

Goblue

Post Number: 2360
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Ability to bend at the waist is fine attribute in women!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: you are so right on! that is why GB always admired Evelyn Fruend when she would bend at the waist ..... when she would go into her Human bowling ball trick when she rolled down Fordham in the annual SJS parade on All Saints Day....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

STRIKE!

Goblue

Post Number: 2363
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Can't think of a teacher who would have been interesting at Columbus...a few at Denby though.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: "Always seeing things from the glass half empty" ... E Fruend was a tons of fun ... took her spinal cord and was able to roll up into the Human Bowling Ball .... she wasn't interesting she was the worst of teachers ..... DHS didn't have very many stand outs either ... Remember you have been part of the change that has occurred in the evaluation of teachers and being able to CAN some of the assholes....

Goblue

Post Number: 2370
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: By interesting I meant physical attributes...there were no foxes at Columbus...at least none that I recall...although my 4th grade teacher Nina Jason was pretty close...if the guy (can't recall his name) who taught 5th grade in the next room wasn't getting some he sure was trying hard...at Denby there were a few...not many, but a few.

Yeah, we got rid of some assholes who had no business being near a kid...but it always took a good sized checkbook...either to buy them out or to pay our lawyers for the prolonged legal fight...even when we had highly validated data. And, invariably some dumb shit parent would show up at a hearing proclaiming that "the best teacher my kid ever had is being abused."

(Message edited by GoBlue on August 21, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You did it though .... so I will always vote for you! no matter what OD states on any of these Eastside threads ..... Oh - Still playing the 45 rpm?????

Goblue

Post Number: 2371
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Got $506.83 for it on Ebay...thanks.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Free shipping? SR bought it? Love that girl!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

45 rpm? Is that the rotation of Evelyn, GB’s bowling ball? When EF got the momentum up nothing could stop her.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2071
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Especially when she would paint her 412 lb body to look like a u OF m helmet ..... a steam rolling bananahead I think that GB did the body painting ... or would it be called body work?????

Goblue

Post Number: 2375
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Incredible how the Greenies are soooooo intimidated by the nationally recognized helmet of The University of Michigan. I guess it comes from chanting "We're number two" all of these years.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2072
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 1:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK! Everyone.... lets all count the banana peels on the helmet again ... I am still baffled as to its significance ... were they left over from the Flash Gordon serials???? University of Mongo ????
GB - with your kind of luck EF probably was a grad of Bananahead University ... where they chanted "She's 469 ... She's 469"

Goblue

Post Number: 2383
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not a chance...EF was Spartan Class of '38...I saw her degree on the wall of the room one day.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2081
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do remember her telling another teacher that she went to college in Kalamazoo ... It certainly wasn't that nursing college that you GB devastated - Jenny craig College ...NO! Could it have been WMU ????? It might have been a beauty college in AA .... u OF m hair styling major .... minor in weight loss .... and the 38 you mention was the size in feet of her waist line....

Goblue

Post Number: 2385
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Gotta change subject...what a convention...what a series of speeches...what a great night tonight was...God, I wish I had been in Denver. Now, we've gotta hit the streets...work the phone banks...donate...enough is enough...this is the chance to save America!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It was fantastic.... Totally Fantastic .... how can any individual not vote for him????? if they don't vote for him they are just plain STUPID! SAVE AMERICA .....and I loved the line about Mc's Temper and chasing Bin Ladin to his cave was classic.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2390
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: AMEN! And now George McCain (or is it John Bush?) has selected Sarah WHO? to be his running mate...just goes to show how far one can go without a penis...no other reason for her to be there. What an absolute joke! This election isn't about winning for the Democratic Party...this is about SAVING what is left of our country. It'll take to generations to correct the damage of the last eight years. I still think Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice...the whole fu_king crowd should be sent to the Hague and tried as war criminals...if the world finds them not guilty...or guilty...so be it!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As part of the world court: My vote is in GUILTY.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2392
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could there be anything more stupid than Old George McCain choosing an absolute rookie governor from a state that isn't even part of the mainstream United States to be the VP...does the old fool think that he's going to live forever. I suppose he thinks he'll pander to the Hillary supporters.

I lived in AK for a couple years...we always felt closer to the USSR than we did to DC...not just in terms of miles but also culturally...believe me...Alaska is NOT in touch with the values of this country.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm staying out of the political discussions except to say when I saw her I thought old John chose Tina Fey as his running mate.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on August 30, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2091
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Her voice will crack glass but will not shatter barriers.... and a clown regarding the rights of women...... Poli Sci books will reflect this as a major blunder..... How many days until victory for Obama?

Goblue

Post Number: 2395
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poli Sci books will count her as a very minor footnote in the comedy that is George McCain. She supported Pat Buchanan for president the last time he ran...from her lofty seat as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska (pop. 6,500)...what an absolute joke.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Byrd's sang Turn Turn Turn in the 60's ... and now we will hear the GOP sing "Spin Spin Spin ....until November..... America I hope cannot be that stupid to be caught up in the spin .....

And your thoughts OD??????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No comments as I don’t have much use for any of them in either party.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2099
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: hang in there with us from the background .... you and Mrs OD was invited to the party at Tango's stall in November ....