Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Deer Hunting... « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What are people going to do now that baiting is not an option?

Do you think people will still bait like mad?

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 256
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely. Even in previously restricted TB zones, people still baited like mad and stores still had pallets of various baits.

(Message edited by knocturnal on September 14, 2008)

Redvetred
Username: Redvetred

Post Number: 266
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, we do not plan on baiting but will use scent near our blinds. Along Dixie Highway, near Clarkston, they are still selling carrots, beets and corn "for the critters".

Special Antlerless Deer Season is this week September 18-22. Good luck to all deer hunters as we need to get rid of a lot of deer this year in southern Michigan. Too much farm damage and too many car/deer accidents.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something I have been wondering about. If I was to shot a dear eating a apple under a apple tree is that considered baiting?

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kemp - yes!

You cannot hunt over bait. Its stupid but thats the way its written.

within the definition of baiting are the words lure... anything that l lures the deer... Scent is a lure.

I'm not baiting and feel that bow season is going to suck. What are the chances of a deer wandering within 30 yards of me for no reason.

I hope one does.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2746
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But you can hunt under bait.

Kenp

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has seemed to really have pissed off the people who sell beets and carrots and other bait. I never realized people made some nice cash on that stuff.
Also the DNR is going to be making some bucks on those who get busted. Another Granholm masterpiece

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's the deal with no baiting? is this PETA inspired or does it have something to do with the TB/waisting disease that's going around?

Kenp

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TB is why.
My theory is another money maker for Granholm.
Fines for baiting.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.