Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » 2008 Lions Football « Previous Next »
Archive through September 14, 2008Lilpup30 09-14-08  12:07 pm
Archive through September 21, 2008Izzyindetroit30 09-21-08  12:42 pm
Archive through September 22, 200820043_stotter30 09-22-08  10:36 pm
Archive through October 09, 2008Border515030 10-09-08  9:42 am
Archive through October 14, 2008Daddeeo30 10-14-08  5:36 pm
Archive through October 19, 2008Blksoul_x30 10-19-08  7:48 pm
Archive through November 02, 2008Townonenorth30 11-02-08  2:35 pm
Archive through November 04, 2008Smogboy30 11-04-08  4:12 pm
Archive through November 17, 2008Goat30 11-17-08  2:48 pm
Archive through November 25, 2008Johnlodge30 11-25-08  12:49 pm
Archive through November 30, 2008Izzyindetroit30 11-30-08  1:57 pm
Archive through December 14, 200820043_stotter30 12-14-08  9:18 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2916
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Orlovsky = quality? I dont believe so. A decent back-up yes but not quality. There are only 3 players on that team (possibly 4) that are quality.

SMith
Johnson
Sims
possibly Bodden.

I can't stand Dan Miller as well. The announcers are horrible but that is what you get when the team is the shittiest in the league.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullocks belongs in the group as well. And Hanson who may be the greatest kicker no one has heard of.

Somebidder1
Username: Somebidder1

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

0-16 fer sure!

just reminding everyone to pass around these funny as hell Christmas Lions parody songs at

http://LosingLions.com

I just keep playing them and laughing:
"Rod The Red-Nosed Coach..."

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LETS GO LIONS!!!!

Do I hear 0-15??

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bwaahaha..Cherilus kills a TD reception by Johnson, on an illegal formation penalty, next play Orlovsky throws an INT!

7-0 Saints.

Jtf1972
Username: Jtf1972

Post Number: 89
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember, you can't spell LIONS without an "O"

I'm not getting the Lions game here. Only game on is the Patriots/Cardinals game. So instead of another climate-controlled Lions loss I get to see a fun, snow game!

I can't help but think of how Detroit would have a little advantage today if they played outside in the elements, as football was meant to be played. It's 11 degrees in Detroit. I don't think Drew Brees would be throwing for 500 yards today in 11 degree weather. But then again, the fans wouldn't come out for a game played outside... Yep. That's the only thing that could keep fans away. The only thing.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1423
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm not getting the Lions game here.

Did you see my blackout thread topic with the Homer TV link to ALL of the NFL games on TV that can be watched on your computer?

I am watching the Lions-Saints game right (for) now on Windows Media Player.

Jtf1972

Post Number: 90
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No I didn't... I'm listening to the game using channelsurfing, though! For some reason, I think I may be better off. :-)

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deuce McA for 2 yards up the middle TD NO, 14-0.Longest drive of the year for the Saints, starting @ the 3 yd line.

Looks like the Lions are gonna spot yet another team 21 pts this season before they kick a Hansen FG.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TD Smith 14-7, Lions got very lucky on the pass interference penalty on 4th and goal.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TD M. Bell 21-7 Saints...

Camera just panned on Joey (blue skies) Harrington, wonder if he would get in the game for a series or two late, if the Saints blow the game open in the 2nd half?

Nahh..Saints wouldn't rub it in, would they?

(Message edited by Flanders_field on December 21, 2008)

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TD P.Thomas, 28-7 Saints, and the rout is on.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

42-7 @ the end of the 3rd quarter...looking like this could be the worst loss in an NFL record-setting worst season, but the Lions will very deservingly get to play their last game to end the season 0-16, in perhaps ZERO temperatures in the tundra of GB next Sunday afternoon.

Jtf1972

Post Number: 91
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too bad I can;t get the homer tv thing working yet. I'm missing all the fun.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5074
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would someone please just sabotage Fermi so we can end all this?

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's over 42-7, like a few other games, the Saints sandbagged the 4th quarter to avoid blowing the Lions out by 50 points or more.

Congrats to the Lions for setting the new NFL record @ 0-15. 25 years ago, I would have thought the franchise would have at least PLAYED in a Superbowl by now. Instead, WCF manages to find a way to make all of the latter half of the 20th century Lions teams look good ol' days nostalgic.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5075
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think this is all WCF. How did this team go 4-0 in the preseason? I mean I know it was pre-season, but still.

Redvetred
Username: Redvetred

Post Number: 177
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders_field
Thanks for the link to HomerTV. It worked great and I was able to watch/hear while I was writing a paper. The Lions are too funny and predictable. There is still hope for a "perfect" season as their last game is in Green Bay and they haven't won there in nine years. Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that!

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 2952
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're in uncharted territory now. Both the Lions and the Big Three.

Merry Christmas !

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I don't think this is all WCF.

Perhaps not entirely his fault, however one does have to scratch their head in wonder over his personnel decisions over the years. Being a Lions executive must be the next best thing to being an executive for AIG:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/ind ex.ssf/2008/12/ford_new_hire_m ight_not_fill_t.html

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1431
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Thanks for the link to HomerTV.

You're welcome, Redvetred, I had intended to post it earlier this week , but forgot about it until last night.

Lilpup

Post Number: 5078
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Excuses Next Year!

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they're bringing back Mayhew and Lewand!!! i think i'm out

Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.mlive.com/lions/ind ex.ssf/2008/12/ford_new_hire_m ight_not_fill_t.html

Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 165
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 363
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Talk about being in denial. Get out the brooms for god's sake.
Can't wait to see what next year's Lions total season ticket sales are.
People probably would have thrown their shoes and boots at them but it was to snowy outside.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6521
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's not confuse bringing back Mayhew & Lewand with who will be in charge of drafting and acquiring talent now. That job will fall upon the new GM.

Lewand is the COO, a numbers guy who seems to be in charge of managing the salary cap and Ford Field operations.

Mayhew, although a supposed Millen hire hasn't been all that bad considering he swapped out Roy Williams to Dallas and robbed them blind (and if Dallas continues to spiral miserably down, the higher draft picks we get). He should be kept on in some sort of capacity based upon what he's done so far.

So let's not panic about the off season just yet. Now when Ford does hire on the new GM and the GM hires us a new coach (there's no way Marinelli or any of his coaches can be retained just for performance alone), then we should be a lot more critical. Like I've said before, the new GM should be given a time line and benchmarks that he has to meet. He'll have to evaluate the current talent (or the lack thereof thanks to his idiotic predecessor Millen), decide who the team should keep, dive into the draft with a vision, and see what's on the free agent market immediately thereafter.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 721
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Daddeo wrote, "Talk about being in denial".

You hit that nail right on it's head.

Jiminnm
Username: Jiminnm

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay !! We're #32! We're #32!

Smogboy, you're the eternal optimist about this team. There should be a clean personnel sweep, even if some who might (and I stress might) be salvagable get gone. I see this as the beginning of more bad personnel decisions by WCF. I'm not in a panic about the off season, I am a realist. I just see a continuation of the bad decisions historically made by WCF. Unfortunately, the NFL can't sack a long time owner, and that's what it's going to take for us Lions' fans to have any realistic hopes. I'd like to write this team off and forget them, but I've written how they're ingrained in me (plus, I am continually reminded of the failure of my home town football team by those here who know that fact).

Smogboy

Post Number: 6523
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jiminnm, if you consider being a fan of ANY team an optimist, then I guess I'd accept that term. But as a fan, I'd be more than willing to levy any sort of tongue lashing of this team and its play when they stink this badly.

I'd have to disagree with you with regards to the scrapping of everyone in order to make this a better team. I think that's way too drastic and highly unrealistic. Just look at some of the comments prior to ours here and see how some fans still think certain players (Smith, Johnson, Sims, etc.) NEED to stay here in order to build around. This team isn't completely devoid of talent nor is the office completely stocked with boobs and morons. Again, that's why I'm waiting to see who Ford brings in and what they're going to do. Other miserable teams have risen from the ashes and as a fan I should think that our hometown team can do the same somehow some way. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't be wasting my time posting here and I sure as heck wouldn't be following this miserable smoldering mess that Millen heaved in front of us this season.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6524
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In regards to Lions fans, I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with what Tom Kowalski wrote here:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/ind ex.ssf/2008/12/youre_no_fan_if _you_want_lions.html

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 3:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After reading that article by Kowalski, I disagree with him. IMO, indifference is what separates a fan from one that is not. Unless someone is a fan of a divisional foe, rooting for the Lions to go 0-16 is a fan's angry emotional reaction, just as it is rooting for them to win each game in the season, down to the very last game. I was not a fan in 2006, because I did not watch or listen to the Lions play a single down for the entire season. I did not check the scores every week, or try to read anything anything about them in the newspapers, or on the internet. That is intentional indifference.

The Lions have never fielded an elite team since 1957. They have fielded a few contending teams each decade, but an elite team has recently won a few playoff games and contends more often than once every major team turnover-like five years. The Lions teams of the 21st century are not even worthy of being called mediocre, as they most often were since WCF bought the franchise. There is supposedly "parity" in the NFL during this decade, if so, the Lions are the ONLY team bucking that trend.

I rooted for the Lions to win every game up to #16. Now I expect and want them to lose out. However, if they somehow play well and manage to beat the Packers in the final game of the season, I will be relieved, not disappointed.

(Message edited by Flanders_field on December 22, 2008)

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/ne ws?slug=dw-embarrassingdetroit 122108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

An interesting tie in between the auto mess, the Kwame mess, the Country's mess.

Not a positive article, but one that is fan centered and at least the guy actually came to Detroit before b-slapping Detroit.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 722
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike Rosenberg wrote today that the Lyin's fans will revolt next season and they will not sell out even one game. No TV of home games. The Lyin's don't deserve to have away games televised either.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 556
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me make a case that Marinelli should keep his job and even though he is not a great coach he is an average coach.

If the players are practicing like Marinelli said they are and they are playing hard for him and haven't quit then maybe Marinelli should stay.

The problem is the players. We make an assumption that the Lions and whoever their playing are roughly equal in talent. You can't make that assumption. The Lions are significantly inferior talent wise with almost every team they play.

Go position by position and compare the Lions to an above 500 playoff bound team. There are only a few cases where you could honestly say the Lion player is better than his counterpart.

Marinelli knows he doesn't have the talent. It would make no sense to go into these press conferences and throw his players under the bus. They try, they just aren't good enough. So Marinelli dances around the questions and he does that because he doesn't want to completely lose his team .

In high school and college many times you can scheme your way to victory over superior talent. In the NFL you MUST have talent to win. the scheme must fit the talent you have. Marinelli tried to get around that by bringing FA's with experience with the tampa two defense. However those FA's were essentially washed up and they were just trying to extend their careers.

This is probably Marinelli's first and last shot at a HC job, all he can really do is try and ride this out and hope the front office can get him better players.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6537
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, I believe Dan Wetzel is a Detroit based writer.

And Firstandten, I think just based upon Marinelli's performance as a defensive coach is enough to get him canned at the end of this season. He was given enough time to improve a segment of this team and just hasn't done it. It's tough enough to improve an entire team but just based upon that single segment of this team, Marinelli needs to go after the last game. The front office will not get him any help here because there's no way Rod should be retained.

Sorry Rod, thanks for the keeping the position filled. You tried admirably with what little talent you had to work with, but I think you and your coaching staff will be shown the gate once we get a new GM in here. Rod Marinelli and his staff will be the first to meet the bristles of the broom during the sweep out.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2938
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What GM is going to come here with Lewand and Mayhew here? What type of duties and pull will the GM have?
Forget about getting Pioli now or any other decent GM that is out there. We will see 3 wins next year, maybe.
That old bastard is so senile and clueless his melting brain just leaves me shaking my head.
I really haven't decided if I am going to another game...ever.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6539
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see your point here Goat. I don't have a problem with retaining Lewand on the one condition that he just handle the numbers. Automatically keeping Mayhew in some sort of undefined managerial role automatically submarines any effort that a new GM could enact. Seriously, old man Ford doesn't need to be flapping his gums like this. I would've been perfectly fine if he would've given Mayhew a fair shake at the job by interviewing with the rest of the candidates (he hasn't done a bad job although he does have Millen stink), but Ford's announcement really does handcuff anyone coming in. Our best hope now is that Mayhew gets some very specific duties with this team- and it doesn't interfere with the new GM's vision and choices.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the 30th, Goodell is having a live chat on NFL Live Chat. I just posted a question to him asking the League to step in and take over the operations of the Lions.

Here's the link, please ask him to step in for the sake of us, the fans (or those who are in a twelve step program trying to cleanse ourselves of the Loins)

http://chat.nfl.com/front/inde x/83

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 536
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just did that. Good idea, but probably not on their to-do list.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 558
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The NFL won't get involved unless the team asks. Besides the NFL has two problems. They have one senile owner who's to hands on (Oakland), and another senile owner who's to hands off.

There's a good reason Henry Ford didn't want William Clay involved in the family business. It seems like your main skill only has to be as a yes man to the owner. Now I'm not asking for a team of rivals or something like that but get somebody to run the team who can do more than be the owners yes man.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions franchise is an enigma. I could envision them tying the Packers and ending up 0-15-1, just because 0-16 is a perfect losing season. A tie would still ensure them a winless season, and the worst season record in NFL history, along with the already clinched worst consecutive loss string to start a season @ 0-15.

The 0-16 record would still remain a elusive goal for the NFL's worst franchises, which includes the Lions, unlike the 16-0 record, set last year by the Patriots, which cannot be broken unless the season is expanded in the future.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders_field, Give the Pack more credit than what you're giving them. I don't think they want to be the ones to lose to the worst team in NFL history...

firstandten, you're right, WCF is probably a dolt and has to have nothing but yes men around him, and WCF obviously is the Fredo Corleone of the Ford Family. At least Michael sent Fredo to Vegas to screw cocktail waitresses two at a time, (and eventually had him clipped for going against him in the family business) instead of Hank the Deuce allowing WCF to screw up the Lions. As I have said in my parody of Gridiron Heroes, "Lions fans in Hell, because Old Man Ford he won't sell"...Hell, Goodell won't have the balls to address my question on the NFL Live chat, because the Fords spend so much on advertising with the NFL, and as we all know, Money talks, and bullshit walks...Goodell won't have the stones to step in, so we'll be in hell until the old sumbitch croaks (which I hope is soon). Old Henry lived to be around 87, so maybe only 4 or 5 more years at best.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 513
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish the Lions were playing today. C'mon! Bring it on! Seems like yesterday we were smoldering in hot August sun, waiting for the Lions to bring it on!

Lions 23
Packers 12

Why not?

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Flanders_field, Give the Pack more credit than what you're giving them. I don't think they want to be the ones to lose to the worst team in NFL history...

I am giving the Packers more credit... by predicting that they won't lose to the Lions.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3735
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I figure there's going to be so many Packers players doing the Lambeau Leap into the stands after scoring a touchdown that Green Bay will have to use all their time outs to get them back to the bench. Pack 52 Lions 3.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 515
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rays post above is the most hilarious thing I've seen for 2008. Smog, Ray, Flanders, Goat, Gnome..., etc.. ya'll enjoy. I just love bitching about our beloved sports teams. Ya'll crack me up!

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 996
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just turned the game on and was shocked to see 14-14 in the 4th!

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1456
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

17-14 Packers.

Sims just about assured at least another FG by the Packers now.

That TD aughtta seal it.

24-14 Packers

0-16 tick...tick...tick...

Johnson TD, Lions are back within 3 pts!

71 yd Rodgers TD pass to Driver, that didn't last very long.

31-21..7 minutes to 0.

(Message edited by Flanders_field on December 28, 2008)

20043_stotter

Post Number: 729
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lyin's have a chance to win this game and Ford will then give Marinelli a five year contract.

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Marinated, ex-GM Millen, WCF, et. al, take a big first bite out of your 0-16 shit sandwich.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 730
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders, like the old joke, "Hey, I saw Bill Ford eating a shit sandwich, I say, it must not have been him, he don't eat bread.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bullocks belongs in the group of "class players" _sj_?? Surely, you jest.
The Lions might have beaten Green Bay today if Bullocks had stayed home and watched it on tv. He looked lost out there all day, was burned time after time on passes, and gave up two scores.
I actually felt sorry for him. Admittedly, he only has three years experience under his belt, but today's performance was a disaster.

Smogboy

Post Number: 6565
Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually today's performance was a disaster on the defensive side- it doesn't come as a surprise to me considering the lack of talent the Lions have but it always bothers me to see lack of discipline plays sending us the wrong direction. Between Sims out of bounds hit and Robinson's taunt- those sort of plays just shouldn't happen.

But then this has been a season full of "shouldn't happens".

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.