Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » Archives » Story about the second stripper at the manoogian party « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Duke_sims
Username: Duke_sims

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080819/M ETRO/808190377/&imw=Y

hmmmmm....

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 473
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting. However, no mention of a mysterious third stripper known only as "Dirty Gertie." She evidently danced at the same Manoogian party wearing nothing but a babuska and sensible shoes. She was later found in front of a Hamtramck bakery, a ventilated box of angel wings spilled across her housedress. She was, I believe, only 82. It's sad when they go that young.

There'll be more on this. A lot more.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 13839
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Richard,

Please shut the fuck up with your fantasies in these otherwise serious threads...it is verbal pollution and takes away from fruitful discussion.

Cheers

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmmm....is right! Is there any reason to come forward now?

Richard_bak

Post Number: 475
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

For Christmas I'm gonna send you a gift card good, redeemable for a sense of humor.

Cheers!

Gannon

Post Number: 13840
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Detroit and State Police detectives have investigated whether Greene was the only dancer at the rumored party. Each probe turned up unconfirmed reports of a second stripper, possibly named Nikki, who was murdered near Atlanta around the same time Greene was killed.

Nothing concrete was uncovered -- but in both cases, the detectives looking into the rumors said their investigations were stymied by higher-ranking law enforcement officials.

Good writing, glad this made the papers. Those in the periphery of this event have known about it for a long while, this may be the first time it was mentioned in print.

I heard more about it recently, and it helped tie together some eye-witness accounts that probably will never see the light of day due the fear of death...I caught from more than a few people that Carlita did indeed beat one of the women with a bat, and there was some reason to believe she died on the Manoogian property.

For the longest time I thought that was Tamara, but it didn't fit other witnesses saying they saw her self-ambulatory not long after the attack.

But the discussions of the woman dying in Atlanta were too common to dismiss...now I heard that SHE was the one who was basically brain-dead, then finished off for some reason in Atlanta.

IF this is the case, then there has to be some record in the various hospitals...damn shame the most suspect are oddly controlled by McNamara cronies.

I'm still sayin' that the third one might be wearing a familiar brown uniform, and I'm NOT talking United Parcel Service. Ain't no secret anymore that Warren Evans used to be married to Chief Ella Bully-Cummings...and while he appears the most upstanding of the bunch, I cannot trust him due his background and associations.

Cheers on this quest...

Gannon

Post Number: 13841
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Richard_bak,

I will instead use it to buy YOU a guide to tact and timing, my sense of humor is indeed healthy.

Yours is from another world...do you have ANY idea that we're talking about a few women's deaths here? WTF...you must be a blast at funerals.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 111
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad this is finally getting some news coverage too. Since the detectives were all stymied and scared, perhaps some news reporters can start digging? I mean, really, is Kwame THAT powerful? Doesn't seem that he holds much weight in other states, its just that he stops the people HERE from pursuing it, but reports indicate the other detectives in other states were willing to talk.

Richard_bak

Post Number: 476
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm the guy with the seltzer bottle and hula hoop. I'm playing Jarzembowski's tonight.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jarzembowski's?

You must have been the guy telling jokes at my grandfather's wake.

Hilarious

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon that was the thing that tied everything else together for me too. I heard one of the dancers died from her wounds, also They said that was the reason the other strippers were taken to the shell station. I don't know how true that is, but it still is a hell of a story. Even if found to be not true, some people are making up one hell of a story line.

Gannon

Post Number: 13845
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A story line that has been active since the event.

It was joked about until the women died.

Even Lorenzo Jones' trashed city car, when he tried to drive up some railroad tracks drunk, was a joke until folks realized that they will kill to keep this quiet.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To echo some of the earlier posts, I am also so happy that this made its way to print. This is the first that I've seen the mainstream media report on the second dancer -- prior to this my knowledge of her was just based on what I read here at DY. Also, this is the first I've heard of a possible third dancer, Paradise. So sad that these women were just trying to make a living, but had no idea of the evil they had come up against.

I'm sure there are many people who know the whole story -- maybe once Kwame's in jail they'll be less fearful of retribution and come forward. I'm sure some are keeping the truth hidden because they're complicit, but I'm sure there are some good people that know the truth but are terrified.

And the media still always says "never-proven party", but of course the party happened. KK was young, trying to live a rock star life. He lived in a modest home on Leslie, and all of a sudden he lives in a mansion, and he's in charge of the city. Of course he had friends over to celebrate and to show off his new home. And knowing KK's propensity for women and his player ways, it's only logical that he had dancers there.

It just makes sense that he had a crazy party...sometimes you just know what you know, even if you can't prove it (yet).

Gannon

Post Number: 13848
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It ain't just Kwhyme.

It is the whole McNamara machine, including some dirty pastors in town...this corruption has been rooting for my entire lifetime, indeed it is patterned from generations before it.

I feel quite strongly that it is has spiritual roots.

The party was, as best as I can assemble it, the Reverend Wendell Anthony's bachelor party leading up to his wedding...to his best friend's daughter, and oddly his daughter's best friend...not long after he was voted onto the Board of Directors for the NAACP.

The actual marriage was delayed a few years until the heat died down...but that is the strongest leads I've gotten, and rings the MOST true with the available evidence and extensive cover up.

Do you see NOW how big and deep this goes?!

Duke_sims

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"And the media still always says 'never-proven party', but of course the party happened."

You realize that the media has to say never proven party, because, while it likely did happen, it HAS never been proven.

Westsiiiide
Username: Westsiiiide

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You may be right Gannon, about the bachelor party for Wendell in November 2002, but I always heard and thought it was Kwame's party to celebrate that he won the election?

I surfed online to find WA wedding date just because I wanted to see how his wife looked. I didn't even know that he married someone recently, but according to this web-site he just proposed in 2004.

http://weddings.theknot.com/pw p/view/co_main.aspx?coupleid=3 240695521214012&guestpassword=

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I do realize Duke. I understand exactly that it has never been proven, and I know they need to say that to cover themselves legally. That being said, I still say as I mentioned above, of course the party happened.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 51
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, okay downtown. Sorry, I misunderstood you.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have PROOF there was a party at the Boogie Inn.
Here is the evidence for the party.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Wh itieMcWhiteivich

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 215
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Lefty2 you sick.

But seriously, did anyone hear that the dancers were completely nude?

Thats why Carlita was livid.

Gannon

Post Number: 13896
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Westsiiiide,

I went searching for everything regarding Wendell Anthony the moment I learned of this rumor...and did so aggressively for a long while. This never turned up, please tell me the specific search terms which yielded this page.

A simple party for the Mayor would not explain the invite forwarded to that Chief of the Southfield Police Department, nor the range of dignitaries rumored to be there...but the other DOES explain both that and the depth and breadth of the cover-up.

Plus, it would explain why the wedding was delayed a few years...that is an easy one.

But I've said since the moment I first posted this rumor that my sources could be mistaken, because I also learned the actual wedding was years later than the Party, but it WAS only a few months after Wendell Anthony was elected to the Board of Directors for the national NAACP.

But we've NO proof of the planning of the wedding originally...that web page is curious. Especially since you need a password to access it through their front door, as far as I can tell.

I really, really want to know how you found it!

Gannon

Post Number: 13897
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lefty2,

That is now my favorite song of the scandals...absolutely brilliant!

Thanks!

Cheers

Rob_in_warren
Username: Rob_in_warren

Post Number: 138
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would be the greatest cover up, by an entire big-city government and some state officials, by a really incompetent administration, of all time.

This all can't be true. Kwame's just not that smart. Lets look at the facts:
-Kwame texted his girlfriend on a city owned device and lied about it... dumb
-He reasoned with a judge that since he only went 100ft into Canada he never really left the US... borders on malpractice
-He thinks he was appointed by God... why would he cover up stuff when God's in his corner
-He hired a ton of his football buddies to run the city... They couldn't hold in a fart, let alone a secret this big
-Kwame would be funneling millions to shady people in order to keep them quiet, leaving the city millions in debt... oh wait that's plausible

Oliver Stone couldn't tie all of these rumors and stories together with 10 magic bullets. It appears to me that a bucket brigade passed Tamara all the way to the emergency room. How could he keep all of these people quiet? Cops, city officials, contractors, friends, a reverend, strippers, the strippers' "muscle", gas station attendants, EMT's, ER folks, drug dealers, etc...

All that said, I hope none of it is true for Kwame's sake, because the truth will come to light one day.

Duke_sims

Post Number: 53
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, Rob, you make some good points. Still there are questions:

* Why would Kwame have all those cops fired/demoted for investigating the rumors? This all went through court, and a jury determined that Kwame wrongfully fired or demoted those guys for investigating the party. Why would he do that?

* Why would the homicide squad bosses put the Greene case into the cold case file so quickly, and demote the detective working on the case for no good reason?

* There are some people coming forward: ambulance drivers, cops, clerks, etc. who are filing affidavits in federal court saying they saw Greene telling cops the mayor's wife assaulted them; or that they saw the mayor's bodyguards barring entry to the hospital.

Are they all lying?

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 216
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gannon,
First I went to www.yahoo.com and typed in Wendell Anthony wedding and scroll down to "Your wedding web page, the knot" also, to see the actual wedding go to www.google.com
then in the search box I typed in Wendell Anthony wedding.

But you know, I am not disputing you, maybe Wendell was at the party. Maybe your source is true. Like I said a couple of months ago, I know a DPW worker who states he knows who was at that party. I was going to call him again after the heat went down on discussing the party, now its news again, I dont know if he'll talk.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on August 20, 2008)

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 420
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Duke, you bring up my same questions. I know "something" happened, but what or on what scale it happened has yet to be authenticated.

Rob_in_warren
Username: Rob_in_warren

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Westsiiide, if anyone was hurt as part of a cover up, they were hurt before the story was so public. Please tell your friend to talk.

Lodgerdodger I agree with you, something happened, but perhaps not everything.

Duke, The cops who have come forward say their investigations were shut down, not that they had evidence or knowledge which was suppressed/destroyed.

The people coming forward 5 years later (clerks and EMTs) have some credibility, but they may also have another agenda -- strike it rich on a whistleblower suit after they were fired for some other reason. The EMT was fired for stealing a few inexpensive wires which seems fishy, but who knows what else they were doing wrong. Also, he only saw an unidentified woman at a gas station. His story would be nearly impossible to turn around into a perjury charge (I'd guess). I don't give much credit to the clerk who remembers a particular file from years. I'd imagine clerks handle many files every day and it is certainly not their job to read and analyze the details.

I don't know if it was cold cased too quickly, but demoting anyone who was otherwise a good cop seems very fishy to me.

My question is who can put together a timeline for the evening based on every account of happenings?

Why would Kwame's boys let this girl go to a gas station on her own after being badly beaten, then let her get to a ER via an ambulance on her own. And then the EPU is all over the ER? Why not just let her get help and give her a threat "to not talk or else". I've also heard that she was given the name of a female officer for the purpose of concealing her true identity. Now why would a cop have to go to a gas station on her own and have to wait for an ambulance on her own? I understand all of these stories may not check out, but the rumors that were accepted before should wash with the new details.

On the conspiracy theory side, why would the cops just now put together the story of some drug dealer killing Tamara? It seems that evidence would have been available a few years ago and it wouldn't take Columbo to put those pieces together (imo). Perhaps that is part of a coverup to get the heat off of a full scale investigation.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 217
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I think may have happened is the reason Tamara Greene ended up at the gas station is she may have actually fled on foot out of the mansion to get as far away from it as she can. That is quite a ways from Dwight Street though. She would have to walk past the Belle Isle Bridge & everything.

It may have been very late and the Shell station on Chene & E. Jefferson may have been the only thing opened that time of night. That CVS near Jos Campau used to be opened 24 hours.

I had a wild thought..
Jesse Jackson is always in Detroit without it being televised. He was at Hartford Church around 3 or 4 years ago, and the pastor did not even announce it until everyone saw him downstairs where breakfast is sometimes served. He left with a couple of judges. He is in Detroit a lot.

Maybe that is the mysterious VIP.

Gannon

Post Number: 13906
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps one of the girls was more seriously hurt than the other two...and they moved the other two away so they wouldn't freak out.

To avoid the obvious specter of three hurt girls in one area, at that well-known address at the end of a street...they move one or two of them down to a gas station, where they could build a cover story. Things happen at inner-city gas stations all the time, right?

And then perhaps one or both realize she needs an ambulance, nags their EPU handlers enough or just calls on their cell phone and due to EPU prior orders the sub is closed and off limits so it can only GET to the gas station.

Who knows?

They go to Receiving Emergency, because they can at some level of authority close down the Emergency Room. We know they can withdraw the EMS vehicles and employees, call 'em back to 1400.

Don't know how they could order hospital employees around, and we're not sure who they had in place before Duggan took over...but now that he's there the records are secure from prying eyes, certainly the appropriate cover-up people will be notified if and when anyone comes a snooping around!

I don't see it too hard to perpetrate nor cover this up, because most everyone stopped their joking about it the moment someone died.

Gannon

Post Number: 13907
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As for the rumors of naked women, here is an excerpt from the excellent MetroTimes collection of stories from 2003, entitled "Shame game
A tribute to the bottom feeders of 2003."

quote:

Brownout — Gary Brown, Detroit’s fired deputy police chief, says he got canned because he was investigating alleged obstruction of justice by Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and members of his security detail. Brown says he was probing an alleged drunken driving accident, falsified overtime records and a possible cover-up of the incidents, all involving members of the mayor’s security detail. Also on the to-do list were questions about an alleged incident at the Manoogian Mansion involving Kilpatrick, his family, nude entertainment and an assault, he says. The Kwamster fires back: “There is no substance to any of them. There was no party at the Manoogian. There was no accident that was covered up. There are no falsified time cards.” Brown, who headed the department’s Internal Affairs Division, says, “The message being sent throughout the department is if you accept a complaint against the mayor’s friends or appointees and investigate it, you will be fired.”

This is from 'just' after the whole event...MetroTimes has been on it from the very beginning. Kudos to them. Curt and W.Kim rock and rule.

Cheers

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I've missed it, but how does a Shell gas station figure in on all of this? And, isn't there a Shell gas station on E. Jefferson about one block east of the Manoogian neighborhood?

Gannon

Post Number: 13908
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sunoco to the west a few blocks...again, perhaps they were TRYING to get some distance from the Boogian Mansion!

You ever heard of the term, plausible deniability?

Downtown_lady

Post Number: 110
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Swingline, in an affadavit on August 10, Lt. Michael Kearns, an EMT with the Detroit Fire Department, testified that on a Friday or Saturday night in the fall of 2002 he responded to a radio call seeking help at a gas station on the corner of Jefferson and Connor. He encountered there a beaten-up woman who identified herself as Tammy Greene, and who indicated that she had been beaten up by the mayor's wife.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20080811/M ETRO/808110411

http://info.detnews.com/pix/20 08/pdf/Affidavit_%20Kearns.pdf

(Message edited by Downtown_lady on August 21, 2008)

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 472
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Conner is a long way from the Mansion, I know the closest Gas Staion is at the corner of Jefferson and Mclellan, I believe it's a Shell. The one by Pewabic Pottery. I don't know about Jesse Jackson.

Gannon

Post Number: 13911
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was alluding to ol' Jesse coming in to perform Wendell Anthony's wedding...if you check those pictures you can see the fellow decked in some golden garb that makes him look like a prince.

Cheers

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 473
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I see the connection thanks Gannon, two and two is together now.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I read it wrong, I thought the News said Shell at Jefferson & Chene.

For clarification, I was making an assumption about Jesse Jackson being at the party because
I just discovered he presided over Wendall Anthony's wedding, and he always in Detroit, and is close to Kwame.

http://www.martingriffin.com/w edding.htm

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7666
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KING KWAME sez... " My fellow Detroiters, you all heard about the alleged media reports about the fable party at the Manoogian Mansion. Well, once again there is no party at the mansion. It's just the family dispute that me and wife are tried to solve. Former Detroit Police Deputy Jerry Brown and his accomplice had no businesses coming to my house and interfere this matter. Therefore within my chain my command, I have to fire them. Also, by the investigation of this alleged party from Prosecutor attorney Mike Cox, it was proven to be a myth. Right now this conflict is over and will continue to build a better Detroit for you and our children. Thank you Detroit and God bless."

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4929
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's only about two miles from the mansion to Jefferson & Conner.

If I were an investigator I'd be all over that gas station to find out who was working that night. That type of stuff is something an attendant would remember.

Bragaboutme

Post Number: 481
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danny, where was that from, is that recent can you provide the link?

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I don't understand is if the Lt. Kearns, the retired EMT, stated in an affidavit that he observed two police officers talking to TG at the Shell gas station, why didn't he jot down the officers names?

Also, Gannon's theory makes a lot of sense; a pre-wedding batchelor bash for Pastor Wendell Anthony and celebration of his new appointment, naked dancer's, people at the party that if mentioned, no one would believe it.

So he postpones the wedding, then posts all that websites on the internet, like the date that he proposes to his bride to cover up the date that he really was going to get married, like in 2002.
Why go to all that trouble unless you are covering up something, maybe I'm wrong. But that does make a lot of sense.

Gannon

Post Number: 13932
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was hoping for something simple to blow it out of the water, like the publishing software version not being available when they claim the date of the creation of the website page, but alas it was made available in 2002 so no luck.

The comments are hilarious, one from Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick's father even. Some alluded to this being a known event for some time.

Then I saw the pictures, and the distinct lack of involvement by his daughter until the wedding day when she apparently sang a solo to the happy couple. Curious, she was supposed to be best friends with her, and she's not in the wedding party?!

Rumor was she and the bride were best friends, and/or the bride was the daughter of Anthony's best friend. Could be both, but likely not...rather perhaps someone who lost it on the way or the way out. I'd say the daughter of one of HIS best friends is the more accurate...she was his personal assistant for ten years.

Cheers

Lilpup

Post Number: 4938
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why would he jot the officers' names down? At the time there was no reason to believe the cops' report would disappear or that there were substantial problems in the PD.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lilpup,

The Lt from EMT did say that he didn't believe Tamara Greens story.

But if he being a supervisor, hearing a story like this and knowing that you have a young wild Mayor, he would at least make a mental note just out of curiosity. Were they EPU? Narcotics? The Lt. was curious thats why he talked to her, even after seeing the two men that he said were plains clothes cops. How did he know they were plains clothes cops?

To me it seems that his conscious is bothering him but he is leaving a lot out. Just like the
Southfield Chief who states he didn't remember who told him about the party.

It just seems if he is going to give an affidavit, that someone would have asked a description of the plain clothes officers. A lot of the police and fire know each other in the downtown area, or know someone who does know someone having crossed paths on many occasions.

Yes, I am almost certain that many reports were written by the police but have disappeared,and they were told to be quiet.

Lilpup

Post Number: 4941
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"knowing that you have a young wild Mayor"

that wasn't the reputation he had back then (2002) - this is even before the Navigator lease and all the other crap behavior that's been revealed - there was no reason at that time to suspect her story was true or make any out of the ordinary notes and observations

The Lt said only a few weeks or so later, when he heard other police squads talking about stuff at the mansion, did he begin to think her story might be true

The attorney undoubtedly asked for whatever the Lt recalls about the officers, but that's material for further investigation, not an affidavit.

(Message edited by lilpup on August 23, 2008)

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 11:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone working around the area of the CAYMC, like the security, building maintenance, city workers, cops, could tell before the rumors of the party & the Navigator were not surprised of his behavior and knew that he was no Dennis Archer.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1843
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We may find out more after reading more texts on this case.
Judge orders release on texts on Greene.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080824/NEW S01/80824026

Lilpup

Post Number: 4947
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How long does the city keep their 9-1-1 dispatch recordings?

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 229
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am almost certain that 911 recordings are not kept for very long, maybe less than a year.

If that clerk saw a report at police headquarters, that means it was already filed and entered into the computer software system first by a sworn police officer, and then forwarded to the Records Section downtown where that clerk worked.

The cops have to have knowledge of the Tamara Greene incident, but are apparently too afraid to step forward and talk.

Once Kwame resigns or is removed from office, I hope more city employees who know something will come forward.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on August 25, 2008)

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on August 25, 2008)

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This all seems very fishy. It's like a mystery novel. Everybody knows something, but the key people don't say anything until the end of the book.

And it seems strange that the girl who died in Atlanta really seems to have left no records. I realize dancers like to have anonymity, but nobody seems to know anything about her.

Anybody who does know anything is too afraid to come forward.

I smell a coverup.

And if Kwame wants to promote Detroit, I don't think creating a scandal, covering up a scandal, and firing those investigating it is the correct way to do it.

It seems like a bad episode of "Monk".

Slick
Username: Slick

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

911 recordings are not kept for very long, maybe less than a year.

I beleive they must be kept for 30 days and if an incident develops into an investigation, they must be kept for a year.

Westsiiiide

Post Number: 240
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Slick, do you think DPD still has any recordings from the Tamara Greene incident?

From my knowledge, I really doubt it.

I first heard about the beat-down by Carlita right after the election, before the family even moved into the Manoogian. The rumor spread around City Gov for a long time before it hit the daily news paper & t.v.

(Message edited by Westsiiiide on August 27, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.