Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Summer Olympics in Beijing TV coverage « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 876
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As with past olympics I am finding once again that CBC channel 9 has better coverage. More purity, less hype.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can i find the fencing? I want to watch that and the soccer. do you know of the times Downriviera?

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For slightly obscure sports like fencing, you'll probably have to watch on-line.

Go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/ for a complete TV schedule on all NBC networks and partner cable networks. You can click on the fencing link in the left hand column and download video of the fencing matches. Soccer will likely be televised to some degree.

Downriviera

Post Number: 877
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the link for CBC coverage/schedule:

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/sch edule/

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 8122
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Women's sabre went 1-2-3 to the U.S.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 723
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's why Canadian coverage is better. No sabre rattling.:-)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8545
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed that late at night MSNBC, CNBC and eve USA had it on cable as well as NBC and CBC. It's been pretty entertaining to watch some of the events so far, but yes I do agree that CBC is a little more enjoyable because they will show the events themselves without as much hype. But as a casual observer, some of the human elements that NBC focuses on are sort of interesting and heartwarming.

Downriviera

Post Number: 878
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to see Don Cherry covering womens beach volleyball.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8547
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to see Don Cherry covering anything French.

Umbound
Username: Umbound

Post Number: 207
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Id like to see Don Cherry cover Water Polo. lol.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.