Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Proper Baseball Fan Attire? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 398
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I hope I don't get ribbed too much for this, but this is a legit question. A female friend of mine and I were debating the legality/acceptability of wearing a bikini top to a MLB game. Although pleasant to the eyes, I argued that it probably would be a no-no due to the family atmosphere of major league ball parks. She claimed it would be a lot cooler on those 80 degree afternoon games, when you're sitting in the upper deck baking in the sun. Plus, it would be a nice way to get a tan. Another argument was the guys you see sitting in the stands shirtless. Anybody have any thoughts on the subject? Thanks!

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 7722
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem is once you open that door, you don't necessarily want to see what comes through.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 176
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm cool with it.

Kid_dynamite
Username: Kid_dynamite

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem here.

Wait..how much does she weigh?

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If she feels uncomfortable about wearing a bikini top at a ball game, then she should just remove it.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 399
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL. I agree there should be regulations on who and who can not wear a bikini, but seriously, is there any stadium rule against this?

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 669
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There used to be a rule against shirtless guys the last few yrs at Tiger Stadium. It was strongly enforced mainly due to the B. O. problem on hot days. The usher would ask that you put your shirt over your shoulders, which seemed dumb. You don't see many shirtless guys at Comerica except the guys spelling out letters on their chest.
In good old Ontario it's perfectly legal for a woman to go topless in public since a 1996 Court ruling. A few women did go topless in parks, etc. but sadly, it only lasted that summer. It's also legal in N.Y. and D.C. I believe.
Anyway, bikini tops are fine. (Remember, there's good naked and bad naked.) For safety bring a t-shirt or you'll be torched after a few innings at Comerica.

Emu_steve
Username: Emu_steve

Post Number: 674
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"In good old Ontario it's perfectly legal for a woman to go topless in public since a 1996 Court ruling. A few women did go topless in parks, etc. but sadly, it only lasted that summer. It's also legal in N.Y. and D.C. I believe.
Anyway, bikini tops are fine. (Remember, there's good naked and bad naked.) For safety bring a t-shirt or you'll be torched after a few innings at Comerica."

DaninDC if you are ready this thread, please tell me where. :-)

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 250
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good rule of thumb is if her BMI = or <20, it would be acceptable.

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think I would myself. I only weigh like a buck-ten, so I doubt anyone would really complain.

But I burn really easy, and then I freckle. And I'd be uncomfortable, especially if I had one of those tie on bikinis. I'd be paranoid about some guy pulling on it from the back and it coming undone. But I'm also just generally conservative.

If she wants to, I say go for it, but you might get burned. And if you plan to eat out afterward, some restaurants may require wearing a real shirt.

I'd say at least bring a T-shirt just in case.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, typically there are quite a few hooligans in the stands. I would be afraid of the pranksters as well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.