Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Tiger Woods Done for 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

News950
Username: News950

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.wwj.com/pages/24351 86.php?

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3264
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure hope he recovers. I've idolized this guy since he was a Junior golfer. Just a class act all the way.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 404
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right Ray. The golfer guys at my work don't like him, probably because he is so good at everything, and they want to be unique in their golfing ways.

But yeah, handles himself gracefully in public, always takes an interview. Too bad he hurt himself. But all professional athletes face this danger. He is in prime physical shape, so he should bounce back, especially being under 35 yo. If you're gonna rip the ball 330 yards consistently, you're probably torquing some part of the body that doesn't need torque.

These guys deserve a break also. Every week, 4 days of competition. He will enjoy his little hiatus form the sport I presume.

Perhaps a cool green shower in a bathtub full of c-notes might make him feel better.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 775
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually...this could effect his swing for life...he swings like no one else...he torques his entire body to the left...if that knee is kaput...he might have to rethink his stroke.

Jman
Username: Jman

Post Number: 218
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No doubt Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time and a gentleman to boot but I will enjoy a breather. It's not Tiger, it is the media that makes every golf event the Tiger Woods show. I have watched events where he is in 17th place and they showed more of him than the leaders.

I hope he recovers to 100%. Again, my comments are about the media, not Tiger. I know the Tiger fans will rip me for this post and that's o.k.

I just hope that while watching the rest of the tournaments this year I don't have to listen to hours upon hours of Tiger's injury and how he would have won the tournament if he were playing.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 369
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It isn't the media that makes it the Woods show. It's that he is always in the top 10 on the leader board all the time.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 587
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe they'll put an asterick beside every tourney winner's name *won while Tiger injured

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How would the current situation be viewed by You, Me, and the Media if Rocco Mediate won the playoff or that infamous "sudden death"? Another twist that we don't need to go to.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.