Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Pistons Trade « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detblue
Username: Detblue

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good source tells me that Chauncy and Tay were traded for Camello. Does anyone have any additional info?

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 548
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since it's not in the Detroit papers, Denver Post, Espn or Foxsports, he's either a very good source or you can stop calling him that.

Detblue
Username: Detblue

Post Number: 50
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2439
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neither Carmelo or Chauncey could be traded until after July 1st because of a clause in their contracts so your source is a little off.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 340
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that would be about the stupidest trade the pistons could make anyway.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 2440
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree to an extent. Stuckey while good is still young is he really ready to replace Chauncey? Tayshaun while not a scorer like Carmello is not a quitter and a much better defender, not to mention a good guy in the locker room from what I read. With Carmello its complete opposite, we passed on him once for a reason. Besides we need a big man our backcourt and Tayshaun is fine, we need a 20, 10 guy on the block who is still hungry and they will be fine.

401don

Post Number: 552
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baptism by fire for Curry: "Here's your team. We've lost Chauncey and Tayshaun but we've added Carmello and we're keeping Sheed."

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That sounds bogus. How can you trade two starters for one? Is anyone else included in the trade?

401don

Post Number: 554
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends who the starters are. I mean, wouldn't you trade Tayshaun and Sheed for Lebron? Come to think of it, does Dan Gilbert love Detroit or not?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7402
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad Ideal! Trading Billups and Prince for some guy who score less bench points could be total DOOM for the Pistons during their 2008-09 season.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No we don't need lebron, we need somebody to replace sheed. At this point sheed needs to come off the bench for a spark sortof like Robert Horry (Big Shoot Bob) does for San Antonio. Many don't understand how good Tayshaun really is, and the piston need a coach that knows how to utilize the pistons for their strengths in all positions. We have to get Jason a starting position and solid center to start off and thats it, Cheikh Samb at 7'1 might do the job only time will tell. Remember the pistons were built to run efficiently, and not to rely on one scorer to run the show

Gibran
Username: Gibran

Post Number: 2953
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do we really need to change the line chemistry or continue to devlop our backup players...you guys are closer to the situation..seems like too many major changes can backfire..we are not in a Miami situation...

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 353
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Espn.com has the pistons talking with 6 teams for trades including T-max, Anthony, Jefferson etc. Go to the sight and see who else.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw talk of getting Randolph from the Knicks and thought, "Oh no, another problem child they don't need".
Zack was a pain on the Spartans and a few other teams. Why ask for more problems when what he brings to the table is questionable at best?

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 344
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Richard Jefferson? i.e A has been roughian who, although good at his position, is an otherwise a-hole who, if I'm not mistaken, has a court date coming up soon for an assault case fro man incident in January. Never much cared for the guy. (probably couldn't tell, right?)

Studious1
Username: Studious1

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets look at the facts. The Pistons had the second best record in the NBA last season and finally succumbed to the eventual champs - who had THE best record.

This is a very successful team with a what has been called the best starting 5 in basketball, and an improving bench.

The Pistons problem - to the extent they can be said to have a problem, is that they don't always play their best BBall when it matters.

Dumars replaced the coach. That was probably the appropiate move. Random tinkering with a team this good is as likely to produce a better team as me swapping out parts on a Rolex is likely to produce a better watch.

401don

Post Number: 605
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sounds though that Dumars was really pissed with the inconsistent effort in the playoffs again and wants to move at least one of the starters. If we are not going to win a championship with the current starters, I would prefer they move one of the older guys, Wallace or Billups, to get a little younger. Their trade value will be next to nothing in another year or two.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8299
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would it surprise anyone if Joe Dumars stood pat? I guess I'm trying to decipher some of his dialogue and he did say that no one was untouchable with the exception of Stuckey. That's not to say he was going to trade anyone BUT that anybody would be available IF (and only IF) the right deal came up. I think he knows that this team has the talent to win but it just might lack the drive- and one knows you can coach or harness desire & hunger.

If there are no reasonable deals out there to be had, I can easily see Dumars not altering this team. Joe D has always struck me as someone who is patient and willing to deal only when there is sound reason to do so.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.