Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Wings collect more hardware? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 739
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NHL Awards tonight.

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 735
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norris, Selke, Jennings at least...Maybe more

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8095
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Jennings has been awarded already. The Selke & Norris are voted upon but odds are likely that our Wings will come home with more. We shall see!

Smogboy

Post Number: 8103
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Selke & Lady Byng just awarded to Datsyuk. More to come.

Smogboy

Post Number: 8105
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lidstrom gets the Norris... yeah, like that's hardly a shock any more these days.

But I'm not sure if anyone watched any part of the awards ceremony but they had young players wearing the winner's jersey go up to the podium to present the trophies. The poor kid that got to present to Nick had his jersey spelled "Lindstrom" as opposed to the correct spelling of Lidstrom. Oops.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 661
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't get to see Eddie Shore or Doug Harvey, but I feel very fortunate to have been able to see Orr and Lidstrom play on defense.

Jrvass

Post Number: 740
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice to see Howe honored. But he sounded 'goofy'.

The juniors was a nice touch.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Give Gordie some slack. The guy might have had a few pops beforehand and he's a million years old now too. He's still a farm boy at heart.
It was a nice touch for the league to give him that award though. Some of the other award winners weren't real smooth either.

Jrvass

Post Number: 752
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Paul,

I know he's had a tough road to hoe with his wife being ill.

Datsyuk was classic with "I want to make a longer speech, but my English is short."

And Lidstrom not commenting on the jr's misspelling of his name on the jersey. Total class act.

Did you catch the interview on p. 2A of the Freep with the Stanley Cup "keeper" today? I wish I had his job.

Smogboy

Post Number: 8176
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess next to the Stanley Cup, being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame isn't to shabby either.

Igor Larionov just got elected.

Bravo to the professor for his induction. It's well deserved.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 405
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That guy played a lot of hockey. A lot....

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 774
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So do i...but I don't stand a shot at being in the hall lol...its what you DO with your time on the ice...not the hours you accumulate.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 705
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

D_mcc

We should be in the Beer League Hall of Fame.

Add Your Message Here
Only registered users may post messages on the DetroitYES forums. To register click the JOIN button at the top to obtain a free account.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: