Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Is it too early to talk football? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fantasyfanatic
Username: Fantasyfanatic

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah I know it's Pistons & Wings playoffs, and baseball season, but... I miss football!!

So is Kevin Smith going to be the real deal?

What about Gosder Cherilus? I was seriously thinking that Jeff Otah was the best tackle on the board.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 285
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't fall for the Detroit Lyin's BS. They are a .500 team at best. Their record will be worse than last year. Lousy owner, coaches, GM. The whole organizations goal is to make huge profits from little investment. The faithfool fans keep coming and coming. Run like an automotive company, invest little, profit tremendously. They are one of the most successful NFL teams that do this. Ford and Millen, could give a rats ass about the fans. The lyin's fans win the Chumpionship trophy every year.

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1093
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A 500 team at best? I havent seen 500 here in years.
What kind of pictures does Millen have of old man Ford.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7832
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might be time to start doctoring up pics of Millen and put him in the hotseat.

And while I miss football too, I'm not about to diverge from enjoying the playoff runs of the Pistons & Wings just yet. There's some good games being played there RIGHT NOW and I don't want to muck it up with speculation and discussion just yet with the upcoming Lions/ NFL season- that'll come along soon enough.

Kenp

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just realized once Hockey and BBall are done, then all we have left is our baseball team. UGH
Go Wings, I'll be their on Saturday!

20043_stotter

Post Number: 301
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smog, There is no speculation regarding the Lyin's. They will be .500 at best, and that's a stretch.
:-( :-( :-(
They signed Artose Pinner today. Are you kidding me? He's been dropped by 2 teams after the Lyin's let him go more than 2 years ago.

(Message edited by 20043 stotter on May 16, 2008)

20043_stotter

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, May 16, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lyin's signed Artose Pinner today. Are you shitting me? He's been dropped by 2 teams since the Lyin's let him go. They are not looking to improve.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 760
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Joey Harrington the worst QB ever?

http://www.pro-football-refere nce.com/blog/?p=545

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 167
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is UP with the new Lions commercial? I mean, it really IS whack! Any idears?

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 782
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me thinks they are trying to hypnotize us into forgetting the past 51 years.

Fine. Play the game. Make the Super Bowl... and I'll jump on the bandwagon. Anything short of that is the same old shit.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 384
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lyin's will be a 8W - 8L team at best this next season

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1142
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I refuse to spend much time at all on the Lions as long as that dope is in charge.

The pathetic part is that any number of people in the Lions organization could fit the description of being a dope.
I was thinking of Millen, but even if he gets fired the head dope (Ford) will be picking the next guy.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 793
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If Ford was smart, he'd give Illitch or Davidson his checkbook. We'd see the Lions in the Super bowl by 2015

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 627
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lions fans!!

What about RIGHT NOW??

HUH??

We're talkin' about RIGHT NOW!!

HUH??

PUNKS!!

LMAO!!

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That crazy advertisement, by the time it concludes, has me in a near epileptic, bug-eyed, "what the hell was THAT all about" kind of state. Feel like they gonna jump right through the television set and beat up on me, right in mah own home! Gadds!

20043_stotter

Post Number: 391
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flanders, RIGHT NOW, The Lyin's SUCK!

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 810
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing beats that Millen/Morningweg one that has them talking tough on their Harley's. Tried to find it on youtube, would love to see that again for a laugh.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4890
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bump?

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 880
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, that was a nice preseason game vs the Bengals last night, unlike the Tigers, the Lions cannot possibly disappoint me, so anything positive is a bonus. A blocked FG attempt, an interception and a couple of nice TD passes by Kitna and Stanton, who also snuck one in for the final score made up for the Tigers pitching meltdown I watched earlier in the day.

After watching the Tumultuous Tigers get owned by most of the AL this season, I am ready for football season, perhaps the Lions can return to at least a semblance of the teams of their glorious mediocrity years of the 90s.

Smogboy

Post Number: 8584
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 2:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the pre-season. Is it worth hyping? Probably not because it really doesn't mean a hill of beans come the real season.

But for the guys out there who strapped on the pads and went and locked 'em up with the Bengals, congrats. I'm sure the Lions feel a lot better than the team in the striped jerseys right about now.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 304
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ(Calvin Johnson) aka 'Megatron' will make the Lions a force to be reckoned with....

Lions 'Cornbreaders'...get use to this!

http://www.nfl.com/videos?vide oId=09000d5d80a14da2

blksoul_atcha!
Obama 08'

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 467
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 10:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unless CJ is also gonna play the secondary or fill in on the D-line, I don't reckon the Lions are gonna be a force to be reckoned with. I think we're looking at another 7-9 or 9-7 season. He'll be fun to watch, that's for sure. Look for 80 catches, about 1,300 yds., maybe a dozen scores. And I like the occasional end-around. A little rivalry with Roy Williams as Kitna's go-to guy might be good. I can see RW with 100 catches and 1,300 yds. as well. Keeping these guys is healthy is key.

What's a Lions cornbreader? Is that like a honky or a basic white person?

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think for once I actually agree with Blk...

CJ looks scary

Richard_bak
Username: Richard_bak

Post Number: 468
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scary? Like Madonna w/o makeup.

Do you think Madonna's a cornbreader...?

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2445
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The problem with preseason is when they are bad like the Bengals the other night every one writes it off as it is only pre-season. When they put on a show they tend to give it the same reponse. It has to be one or the other. You can't critize them when they play bad in preseason and then write it off when they play good.

quote:

Unless CJ is also gonna play the secondary or fill in on the D-line

He might not have to as the secondary and d-line has looked vastly improved. Now the linebackers who are the heart of the defense is another story.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, it's started already after 2 exb wins.
You poor suckers. It won't be long before you're crying in your beer. I also anticipate some blackouts this year, which is not a bad thing. You will be able to go to church and spend quality time with your families. You'll be drinking less every Sunday and you'll be easier to get along with and you might find out who your children are on Sunday afternoons. Definitely will be less cussing and damning the Lyin's too.

(Message edited by 20043 stotter on August 19, 2008)

Smogboy

Post Number: 8598
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh geez, here we go again with stotter lamenting how lame we Lions fans are and yet won't admit to being one himself. You'd figure that he'd finally learn how to spell Lions too. This bit's about as old as the discovery of fire.

Why piss on people's fun in discussing the first two exhibition games? The Lions won them; it's not indicative of how they'll do in the regular season nor has anyone booked Super Bowl tickets.

Why troll and post if one really doesn't care?

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of superbowels...

The Lyins beat the superbowl chumps!

Kenp

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stanton is out for first few games. He's a good player but he is always hurt. He cant even throw a pass without a injury. Lions are now looking at another backup, maybe cullpepper.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Orlowski looks pretty good too.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 4937
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some fundamental improvements so far through three pre-season games compared to this time last year:

they've won time of possession every game by an average of almost 5 minutes - last year they were losing by an average of over 6 minutes

this year they've had 1 turnover and 2 takeaways - last year they had 6 turnovers and 5 takeaways

penalties - they've given up less yardage in penalties than their opponents in every game so far this year - they have 16 for 93 yards while opponents have 22 for 158 yards

Yes, it's early, but these are fundamental improvements that have been lacking in previous years and that will benefit them all season.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess it might be time to purchase season tickets. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, once in awhile.... :-) :-) :-)

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 7:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How dare any of you be fooled by this team. Our offensive line is pathetic, and by trying to establish the running game, there won't be anymore smoke and mirrors to hide that fact. Do you think Backus and Raiola are going to suddenly get better after over a hundred games in this league ? The way Marinelli coaches, we will again get off to a fast start only to run out of gas as the injuries mount. The coach himself will also be exposed by making some poor game decisions. He made several last year...we were just too lousy for it to matter. So don't pound the rock, just pound the beers. You'll need it.

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it to early to start this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hMenB9Ywh2Q

Our Leo's are 4-0 in the pre!

The Cornbread is piping HOT!

blksoul-atcha!
It's official__Obama 08!
Paint the White House Black!

Blksoul_x

Post Number: 316
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Leo's sign RB Rudi Johnson! This is Big!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/ news/story?id=3564050

Johnson expects to compete for starting RB job eventually

By John Clayton
espn.com

Running back Rudi Johnson reached a one-year agreement with the Detroit Lions, the team confirmed Monday.

The former Bengal flew to Detroit after being released and impressed the Lions with his workout and conditioning. Following Johnson's visit, there was a buzz in the Lions locker room among players who saw his workout.

Johnson had one of his best offseasons, training-wise, but he missed a good portion of training camp with a hamstring injury.

Because the move was made after 4 p.m. Monday, the Lions didn't have to make a roster move until Tuesday. Tatum Bell, who lost the starting job to rookie Kevin Smith, could be a candidate to be released.

Johnson rushed for 5,742 yards in seven seasons with the Bengals.

Smith is expected to begin the season as the Lions every-down starter, but Johnson will compete for the job once he learns the offense.

The Lions shouldn't have any problems accommodating a two-back system as they plan to run the ball a lot this season.

THE CORNBREAD IS PIPING HOT...YA' BETTA GET A SLICE NOW, BEFORE IT IS ALL GONE!

blksoul_atcha!
Founding member of the BJL
Obama 08'

20043_stotter

Post Number: 526
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cornbread? How about just plain corn.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.