Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » The Truth Vs. Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Divaesq
Username: Divaesq

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a kid I learned that lying is a bad thing, but what's worse is the cover-up. The lie isn't what buries you, it's almost always the cover-up that happens to keep the truth concealed.

The prosecutor, media, or the fathom people who are making alleged death threats aren't Kilpatrick's biggest threat. His biggest threat, and the thing that will destroy him is his bizarre relationship with the TRUTH.

Kilpatrick takes lying to another level, and I've never seen anything quite like this before in my life. Usually, when people are caught redhanded they don't tell you not to believe your OWN eyes, they do one or two things. Either they slink away in shame or they face the music and own up.

In less than a week, Spitzer's scandal was no where to be found and that's because no sooner than the story broke did he resign and move on so that the State could move on. Spitzer's scandal was no where near as egregious; there were no taxpayer dollars involved at all. Spitzer didn't commit perjury, corrupt the police dept., cheat with his chief of staff, or use taxpayer dollars to cover-up his lies, and still he resigned taking his control and integrity back!

The truth always wins, too bad Kilpatrick didn't learn that lesson as a kid, like the rest of us.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Preaching to the choir on this one. What makes the whole Kilpatrick thing even more ridiculous is the fact that he's still got people believing whatever lies he throws out. It's amazing that folks believe the big bad media is only against him "because he's a strong man".

At this point he's just proving what I've been saying all along, he's got serious psychological problems where he thinks he's never been at fault for anything in his life.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 175
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Divaesq- "Busted is what you see" that statement gives you insight into his personality and how he thinks. Just think of all of the ramifications behind that statement. Problem is when you think like that you have to be expert at the cover up as well to make sure you don't see it. Many politicians play that card to some degree. KK is a little extreme with his.

Divaesq

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not so sure that his supporters don't know he's a big fat liar. If you listen carefully to what people say, they are not saying he's innocent. Including his attorneys don't say innocent, they say "exonerate." Exonerated isn't the same as innocent. Exonerate is another way of legally freeing guilty people, because all it says is that the evidence can't convict. When people are freed from prison based on DNA evidence, they are freed because the DNA exonerates them; it doesn't necessarily mean that they are innocent.

I say all of this to say that, when you listen carefully to Kilpatrick's people, they aren't saying that Kilpatrick is innocent or that he's not a liar, they are saying things like, he'll be exonerated, he's entitled to due process, or that he's entitled to make mistakes and be forgiven. So again, I don't think that people think he's not lying I think that many of them are trying to protect their own self interests and for many of them their self interests are tied to Kilpatrick keeping his job.

For the lawyers, they have hit a gold mine. They will make a few million dollars off of this liar, so as long as he continues to lie, they will continue to bill to help him conceal his lies.

Robtruth
Username: Robtruth

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Divaesq, exonerate does not mean "legally freeing guilty people".

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin exoneratus, past participle of exonerare to unburden, from ex- + oner-, onus load
Date: 1524

1 : to relieve of a responsibility, obligation, or hardship

2 : to clear from accusation or blame

from m-w.com

#2 is what happens to the people freed because of DNA. If you had been in rotting in prison for 20 years because of "rape", I betcha be thrilled to be exonerated.

Peace.

Divaesq

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I know what the dictionary says. Still, that's not the same as saying someone is "innocent" of all the charges. I am THRILLED when people are freed on DNA, but not because I think that EVERYONE who is freed is innocent (with every year DNA has a tendency to deteriorate over time) but because I KNOW that there are plenty of innocent people in prison so anything that helps to balance justice I am all for it.

What I said was that exonerating people is a legal way of freeing guilty people. Now, not everyone who is innocent will be exonerated and not everyone who is guilty will be punished. As we know, our criminal justice system is deeply flawed; but still perhaps the best in the world. When the attorneys talk about how Kilpatrick will be exonerated, what they are essentially saying is that the evidence will not be be able to prove his guilt. Doesn't mean he isn't guilty just means that they don't think it can be proven. This is why they are now stalling the case throwing a tantrum over documents that they have to pay for, attacking the prosecutor, and trying to get the texts kicked out of court. They know, like the rest of us, that if those texts are admitted into this trial Kilpatrick will be as good as in jail. This is also why they fought to get the bench recused, because if the prelim exam happens at the 36th district court, they are banking on getting some of the charges reduced and getting those texts kicked. Again, they are not fighting to prove his innocence, they are fighting to get this liar off on technicalities; far from saying he's innocent of anything.

Robtruth
Username: Robtruth

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok. Attorney's words are their currency. I expect the word to be used correctly. I understand the attitude of KK's lawyers. What is more precise and less lengthy is: they are saying the evidence wont CONVICT him; not that he is innocent.

Divaesq

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

exactly Robtruth!

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 12731
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The difference between Spitzer and Kwhyme is that Spitzer spent his career rooting OUT corruption, so he had very few friends when his issue was revealed.

Kwhyme, on the other hand, has been a partner in planting corruption throughout his career, learning it directly from his father and the McNamara machine (and quite possible his mother as well, but I have nothing except the overall poor reputation of the Cheeks family in politics from anecdotes shared by others)...even to the point of dragging some well-placed pastors in this town into his dirty game so the McNamara group could secure a lockhold on power.

See the December 2002 Detroit News article that appears when you search on Wendell Anthony and Kwhyme and McNamara for PROOF...Anthony is a partner in the DUTY-FREE STORE at the fucking McNamara terminal at the airport.

The concessions and other places there have been prime for the corruption pump for a very long time...that is another aspect of this story that MUST be investigated.

Wendell Anthony looks spit clean because of his NAACP affiliations, and that I believe is one reason the party has been buried so securely...because many, many people know how absolutely HUGE the story gets when the true reason for the event come to light.

I have no proof, but the strongest lead indicates that the party was to celebrate the end of his second bachelorhood...although the wedding didn't happen until 2005, there is great reason why it may have been delayed.

He had also JUST been elected to the national board of directors for the NAACP...and there are very few people who want to go up against the momentum of THAT machine.

Again, I have no proof other than the timing of this all, and indications from hearsay from individuals close to the story...and others have heard the same leads without successful confirmation...so ALL of this in unsubstantiated hearsay.

But this IS merely an internet forum...and it is my opinion based upon the research I've done to date.

IF it is true, it goes well beyond local politics, and shows that Kwhyme has friends in VERY high places.

The Democratic party, especially the Clinton camp, do NOT want him to lose his SuperDuperDelegate status before the Dem candidate is secured at their convention...that is a very important deadline.

No pun intended.

So...there it is.

Divaesq

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

It's going to take me a minute to digest all of this. I did wonder how on earth he was able to fund his multimillion dollar criminal defense, and why Beatty won't roll on him. She can't roll on him if this is true. She won't be safe. I have a whole new found respect for Kym Worthy.

Gannon

Post Number: 12735
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only I could get some confirmation that Anthony's marriage to his friend's daughter WAS delayed a few years...that would be the smoking slugger.

We have leads on another dancer as well...but her career would be OVER if it became revealed now that she danced at this event and became central to the coverup. Central in that she must've been paid or otherwise accommodated for her silence in the matter.

When I found out that Sheriff Warren Evans used to be married to sparkling-clean Chief Ella Bully-Cummings (ahem), I realized that this dancer might've been accommodated within the Sheriff Department. She may be wearing that familiar brown uniform even today.

Once again, this is merely hearsay of my opinion on an Internet forum...and I'm a recognized wild-eyed conspiracy theorist, so my words MUST be from far enough in the outfield to smell like hotdogs.

Heh--I'm guessing like a mofo fo' sho.

Cheers

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 223
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey I get the drift Gannon, no need to wink or hint further.

The Rev. wendel, In my opinion is part of a larger force that moves though the city. This KK thing isn't the tip of the iceberg, and soon many will see the corruption that everyday citizens face on a daily basis.

Remember, back before Gil Hill was the front runner in the first election it was KK who was touted as the favorite, and basically given the election based off of being a captain of his football team.

7miledog
Username: 7miledog

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard a story that Mike and Robert (from Floods fame) were involved in a lawsuit involving a real estate venture whereby Bernard Kilpatrick guaranteed them a development contract as long as Bernard's choice of architecture firms was hired to handle the project. Another interesting tidbit the Fed may be interested in.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 855
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's just start a "I heard" thread...I feel like I am missing out on the inside convo now that I am in Charlotte!

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 856
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

let's just start a "I heard" thread...I feel like I am missing out on the inside convo now that I am in Charlotte!

Mikea
Username: Mikea

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon,

This posting on Detroit Uncovered (firejerry.com) seems to touch on similar things you do in regards to leads on another dancer. Hmmmm.....

From firejerry.com
The Party...
A Story That Won't Die
Five years later and many people still believe there was a party at the Manoogian Mansion and the Kilpatrick administration has done nothing but fuel that belief with their behavior, from firings, millions in tax payers money spent, arrogance and perjury charges. This year we've heard from an officer who said he was at the party, and according to sources has pictures, and a former civilian working in the police department who said she saw the police report on the beating former dancer Tamara Greene allegedly took from Carlita Kilpatrick. So it should come as no surprise that a local news team has been tracking a former Detroit Police Officer who was reportedly dancing at this alleged party. The officer, who we won't name, apparently left the police department soon after this story broke and went to work for a downriver police department. From what we are told she's been approached by this dogged news reporter who can't get her to talk. If this is true this officer being linked to the party will catch many by surprise because although its been rumored from the beginning that there was an officer involved this is not the officer most thought. It could turn out that this is just another failed lead or rumor but its one we will be able to add to the list of stories from the party that never happen.

Gannon

Post Number: 12781
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will be amazed to see this finally play out.

I met a loft developer at Cafe de Troit one morning who went into partnership with a Detroit cop who turned out bad...need to get the depths of that story as well.

I've got his contact information around here...but his story dovetails with other 'non-connected' individuals with great ideas and relatively deep pockets who were encouraged to partner with various people BECAUSE they knew the ropes and could get around the inherent obstacles in the city against any development done by non-black folk (and I HATE to say it that way, but that was how it was presented).

With the continual bias in City Council against anyone not of color...remember the famous line, 'who do you have in your organization who looks like us?'...stacking the deck, most logical entrepreneurs gladly took on a partner to make their dreams come true.

In a few cases, projects were tied to some convenient celebrity with extraordinarily deep pockets and the partnership agreements designed to eliminate partners as they couldn't reach their cash calls.

Up front, with no reason to doubt the validity of these other people...not imagining their scheming against them from the start...most went into these agreements in order to make their dreams and plans come to fruit.

WAY too many of them had Bobby Ferguson as their demolition and site prep 'expert'.

WAY TOO MANY OF THEM.

There has to be some listing we can get that shows how deep this all goes...but once Ferguson got involved and the projects started...the gordian knots started popping out of these well-written contracts.

Some people suffered opening costs more than double what they originally budgeted...some faired MUCH worse.

The fellow who developed lofts had his life threatened. Repeatedly.

These goons are unafraid of threatening and following through on their wickedness, in order to secure and increase their power and wealth.

Many people will kowtow to them, because of things they need to hide...or simply to get their enterprise opened and their life back on track.

It is a dance with the devil directly, when Kwhyme says he's here on God's command, I believe he is directly blaspheming.

He will soon learn who God is, and how much this Being hates folk who use His name in vain.

Ain't not a one more vain than our current mayor.

He is gone. His corruption rooted out completely.

We will see dirty pastors revealed in their hypocrisy...judges...a tenth of the police force...the sheriff department upheaved...county execs in Federal lockup...this will go all the way to the top, Governor Granholm should be VERY worried by now.

The NAACP will be shaken, as will the national Democratic party...at a time they need this sort of distraction the worst.

Naw, this is going to grow and grow until it blows sky-high. I cannot wait to see it.

I cannot wait to see it...and my friends who are tied up inadvertently in this corruption freed...and my city which I love with my entire being launched into the prominence it will attain after this crushing corruption is rooted out finally.

Cheers and more...waiting for justice to dawn. Sorry for the many, many words but my heart is just burning in my chest now...I had to get this out.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 678
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gannon, try a 'Tums' or 'Mylanta'.

I can't argue with your points. KK should have left long ago.

Gannon

Post Number: 12787
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, ain't that kinda burn, my friend.

It is alive in my chest...swelling with encouragement to continue this quest against great odds and at great risk to my well being.

Heh, but it is already done, we just simply don't see it in our reality just yet!

He is gone, along with all of the corruption linked to him through his daddy, the McNamara group, and quite possibly his mommy, too.

I am speaking it as if it were finished, because spiritually it already is...we just have to wait to see the results.

Have faith...

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.