Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal ::: Mega Thread » Archive of Mayor Kilpatrick Text Message Scandal » WITNESS LIST - they might not even need the texts with this list « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 702
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Witness list

Prosecutors plan to call a host of witnesses:

Wayne County Judge Michael Callahan , who will testify about swearing in the mayor and Christine Beatty "to tell the truth nothing but the truth, so help me God."

Sheila D. Rice , who will testify to swearing in Beatty and Kilpatrick to tell the truth during depositions.

Stephen Oshinsky of SkyTel, who will testify about providing the messages to the Prosecutor's Office.

Gary Brown , former deputy police chief and one of the whistle-blowers.

Harold Nelthrope , former cop and whistle-blower.

Michael Stefani , attorney for the whistle-blowers.

Sam McCargo , lawyer hired by city to represent Kilpatrick, will testify to settlement agreement involving text messages.

Ruth Carter , now a 36th District Court judge, will testify to being the city's corporation counsel at the time.

Jerome Oliver , former police chief, will testify he never knew why Brown was terminated.

Shawn Wesley , a Detroit police sergeant at the time, will testify to interviewing Nelthrope.

Donald Parshall will testify to working in internal affairs, interviewing Nelthrope, and then being locked out of his computer files.

Brian Stair , will testify about being assigned to the department's internal affairs bureau.

Walter Harris , a whistle-blower, will testify to "observing defendant #1 (Kilpatrick) in compromising situations."

Shereece Fleming-Freeman , now a deputy chief, will testify to comment made to Beatty regarding the firing of Brown.

Steven Dolunt will testify about working in internal affairs and being locked out of his computer.

Hugh Morrison , a sergeant in the IT department, will testify about being present when computers belonging to Brown were backed up.

Wendy R. Mullins , general counsel for SkyTel, will testify about being contacted by William Mitchell, the mayor's private attorney, and being asked about the text messages and not to release them because they are private property of the mayor's.

Anthony Baker , a city IT worker, will testify he made a copy of Gary Brown's computer files.

David Rayford , former Detroit IT director, will testify about being called by Beatty to back up files of Brown and two other internal affairs cops.

Valerie Colbert-Osamuede , a city attorney, will testify about presenting the whistle-blowers settlement to the council but omitting the secret deal for the messages.

John E. Johnson , city corporation counsel, will testify to being involved in the settlement of the whistle-blower suits.

Iris Ogeda , will testify to being the mayor's scheduling secretary and sending and receiving text messages.

Kenneth Cockrel , City Council president, will testify he was present when Colbert-Osamuede briefed the council the on settlement but did not mention text messages.

Kwame Kenyatta , City Council member, will testify to being chairman of the Internal Operational Committee and also not being told of the text messages.

Craig Schwartz , a former deputy chief, will testify he was offered opportunity to retire or revert to lieutenant.

James Barren , former head of the Executive Protection Unit, will testify about being forced out of the job.

William Mitchell III , mayor's private lawyer, will testify to being the mayor's escrow agent for the messages.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Get your scorecard here". "You can't tell a player without a number".

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 534
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I spelled screwed K-W-A-M-E

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11979
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Steve Dolunt!

He'd be chief in a perfect world...one of the most level-headed men I've ever known.

Cheers, keep mis-spelling Kawamee. That'll help root out his minions here...if WE all mis-spell it, it'll make 'em wild.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 705
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

notice several witnesses have come to their senses...

Like Sherece Flemming - especially considering she sent the text telling CB that it was okay to FIRE Gary Brown because he was an appointee...what a goofball!

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know- I worry about an O.J. type setup with a bunch of young guys as jurors who wonder what the big fuss is all about. I can see that easily.

Jaja
Username: Jaja

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every member of the EPU past/present should be called.. witness or hostile witness
These people know most of the things that went on
in the mayor's life in the past few years. All the 'stuff' we're dying to know.

Paulmcall
Username: Paulmcall

Post Number: 812
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The fun will never end.

Umtim
Username: Umtim

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not about sex. It is about firing people who questioned using taxpayers money for the wrong purposes and getting fired for it and the taxpayer having to pay them off.
Prosecutors will have no trouble showing how the taxpayer was abused in the process and the system mislead by the lies.
Sex is fun
lying is a illegal.

Michmeister
Username: Michmeister

Post Number: 277
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This pile of crap kind of reminds me of Watergate..with a touch of Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky....the misdeed, although reprehensible, is being dwarfed by the cover up ultimately making everything exponentially worse. Kilpatrick is missing the point, nobody gives a flying f--- about the text messages themselves, it is the abuse of power that is taking place and has been taking place for years. His lamenting on possibly going to jail because of text messages sounds more like a spoiled kid than anything else. Mr. Kilpatrick! Grow up!

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if they will ever agree to a jury selection. I can see the selection taking months....all Pakistani.

Snoringbeagle
Username: Snoringbeagle

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 7:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bottom of page

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 522

Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 5:15 am:
I wonder if they will ever agree to a jury selection. I can see the selection taking months....all Pakistani.

Now that there is funny MiLady

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.