Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » FIRE MILLEN! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rockcity2windycity
Username: Rockcity2windycity

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just wanted to get an early start

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 751
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok...fire the bum...wait we cant. stop going to the games!

Chuckjav
Username: Chuckjav

Post Number: 454
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am still trying to figure out how that guy was hired in the first place.

Matt Millen: easy to hire; difficult to fire (is there some sort of formula here?)

Awfavre
Username: Awfavre

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want his job. I even promise to live in the area full time. :-)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7282
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not about his address- it's about Millen's ineptness coupled with an ego that needs to be taken down a few notches.

Just be humble and smart about making your choices. Have a direction, stick to it and carry it out within the time frame you prescribed. If it bombs, then regretfully admit you failed and step away for someone else to try.

Is it really that tough?

D_mcc
Username: D_mcc

Post Number: 418
Posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit just cut Kevin jones...that was a good investment

Smogboy

Post Number: 7288
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenoy Kennedy got nudged out the door as well.

I'm of the mindset that Millen had a vision, found out it flopped miserably and is still flailing about trying to correct it. I personally don't think he should be allowed this opportunity, but that's Mr. Ford's call. Out of sheer personal pride I think Millen should resign for what he's done here.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 238
Posted on Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Atta boy Smog, Millen should resign or get fired. Glad to see your wising up to the Lyin's

Smogboy

Post Number: 7422
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wising up, stotter? Heck I've been ranting about Millen getting shown the door for a while already (see above posts). You're the Johnny-Come-Lately on this thread, dude! At least I'm willing to place blame squarely on the flat forehead of one said Matt Millen.

By his own criteria of success/ failure he should've admitted his failings, left and let someone else give a hand at running this team.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 239
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are in agreement on the slime-bag Millen. Is that a yes I hear?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 563
Posted on Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Millen-Then what's his name-then Russ Thomas...

...doesn't make a difference.

Fire William Clay Ford!

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 118
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well today is draft day. Anyone wanna bet on which wide receiver ole' Stupid will draft, or will they trade Roy Williams outta here.

If I were Williams, I'd be on my knees praying to God , asking him, "Just get me outta this place".

Lions fans don't deserve this garbage. I hope for the day when the old man finally goes to that big car factory in the sky and someone else runs the franchise. With my luck though, the old man will out live me...

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

millen does not teach players how to tackle.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3623
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

William Clay Ford, after the game:

"Oh, looks like we lost! But wasn't that brand of scotch just super? And how about those lobster tails, Matt? You must have liked them; you ate five of them! You old glutton, you! Hey, nephew Billy! Was the pate' and caviar all right? I thought the caviar was a little tart...we'll have to talk to Francois about that next week. Okay, who wants scotch and soda, and who wants it straight up? On the rocks, Matt? Hahaha, that's just like our defense! Hahaha! Hey, where we goin' next week, anyway?"

20043_stotter

Post Number: 534
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 2:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray, It appears your post is more truth, than fiction

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 723
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions have 61 straight sell-outs... for how many conference titles? How many Super Bowls?

Detroit fans deserve more!

We are loyal, but enough is enough!

STOP GOING TO THE DAMN GAMES, AND STOP WATCHING THEM ON T.V.!

Millen needs to leave, period!

The Lions have won four pre-Super Bowl NFL Championships, the last in 1957 which is the second longest standing NFL championship drought behind the Arizona Cardinals, who last won in 1947(Chicago Cardinals). The Lions also have yet to qualify for the modern day Super Bowl.

This is a sad fact. My father isn't even old enough to remember when the Lions were good. And he was born in 1953

<313>

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.