Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school « Previous Next »
Denby HS Archive of ArchivesEastside611560 53 08-21-08  2:08 pm
Archive through September 02, 2008Goblue30 09-02-08  12:09 pm
Archive through September 19, 2008Sabrelancer30 09-19-08  2:33 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SB: Maybe it was the tainted Kool-Aid you were drinking from CNN that made you sick, I know it makes me want to vomit.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zero: wonderful pic of Osgood .... you will need help getting out of the OHA central division. All roads to the cup will need to come through the TANK so send the pic again ...your turn. I will be meeting with the university president this afternoon... do you still need a job?.... maybe you can be part of the christian values outreach program that will be focusing on Iowa. The job does have health insurance so maybe you could take care of your vomiting issues......I know that health care is a touchy subject for you ...

Sabrelancer
Username: Sabrelancer

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zitro....good cut...we only get cnn international over here, and i stopped being able to stomach that years ago....i get fox on the internet.

The stupid chicken gave me a really nasty....I'm laid up at home now for at least weeks more....I was SUPPOSED to be enroute to New York this week, and then off to Anchorage to homestead.....now this....would have FINALLY gotten to get back home to US! Oh, well...i guess i can wait a couple of weeks longer...

Zitro

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eat Sht: Again, I'm very concerned for your overall welfare. We cherish your insight on these threads, but it's difficult to makes sense of what you are saying these days. Please get help ASAP

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: It's not all his fault. Eatsht's been copying off of goblow's manifesto for the last two weeks, but he ran out of pages, and he's too lazy to go to goblow's source.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

zitface: where is the pic????.... I am waiting.... and waiting for some kind of response??? ... You actually think that the wingboys play in a tough division??? .... if so you are a spinal cord.... remember you are the man for christian values ..... reach out to us poor Public Eastsiders..... 7 please post your actual resume... don't be frightened by us older Eastsiders....

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1436
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You mean I’ve been duped? GB told me that he laid so much charm on SE59 that she begged him to marry her. And now I learn it was an arranged marriage. I shouldn’t be surprised though given GB’s record of dishonest dealings with customers in his cherry bomb business. He would drain half the powder out of each bomb and keep it for his own personal use, so instead of a bang the cherry bombs made a poof. Do you happen to know how much dowry GB’s dad had to give SE59’s dad to make the wedding happen?

Sabre: Glad to see you back. We were afraid GB had run you off like he does everyone else. We know you faced down the Soviet Union, but GB is another matter….. Is GB a virgin? Nobody really knows about GB’s sexual experience, orientation, or even his/her sex. In truth there is no GB. The GB persona is an invention of a grizzled old spectacle wearing bookkeeper named GT who wiles away the remaining years of a mundane existence as a hermit in an abandoned miner’s cabin in the Arizona desert. In the GB role he has the ability to morph into whatever type of character thrills him at any particular moment. There is a real Tango though. Tango is an old pack mule GT found wandering in the desert existing on tumbleweeds and scrub brush. GT took him in since he had never had a pet, and they share the cabin together. A couple times a year they make the trek into Prescott with GT’s paltry social security savings to stock up on provisions for the next few months.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB has decided to give up all Threads and to start delivering the NE Shopper once again.... the Prescott edition.....I think he borrowed Zitface's bike in order to make his famous home deliveries....its the one with the training wheels on the front wheel, and the Bill Freehan baseball card

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1439
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Does Tango ride on the handlebars?

Eastside61

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He walks the route....... GB has to make sure that 7 and Z stay on ....

Eastside61

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB was sighted in AZ.......but walking like he was in a daze with some type of blanket wrapped around him with the Words ALMA College imprinted on it or maybe even woven into it and he had his extra small helmet on, too..... and Tango was driving the truck with the horse trailer full of old NE Shoppers that GB never delivered ???? Redemption is possible as 7 and zitboy have taught us over the past two weeks......Praise the Lord as she knows what is best for us eastsiders......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well that explains where my blanket went. The current financial crisis must have hit GB very hard. Last week I was stopped at a red light when a bum who looked a lot like GB stood in front of my car and wouldn't let me pass until I agreed to pay him a dollar to clean my windshield. He must have grabbed the blanket off the back seat when I wasn't looking.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2200
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB was actually the originator of the "Homeless Car Window Washing" empire. When he was exited(Like he flunked OUT) from WSU during his graduate years he was so ashamed that he stood next to the hookers on John R and Brush and washed windows for Johns and Pimps .... He used to get mugged and that is why he wears that extra small bananahead helmet.....He also tried to sell subscriptions to the NE shopper as a bonus package...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1445
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I bet that was him then. He offered to have his mule take a couple swipes across my headlights with his tail for an extra buck.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: As an Eastsider he has done very well ... It is amazing to me that the 36 R Nehru Jacket still fits .... he was a marketing major at WMU to 1/2 a semester ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1446
Posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I bet the Nehru jacket and JC medallion made all the fashion pages in CO.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I always wondered where GB was able to fine that size jacket - 35 R or was it a 34 L .... But we know that he did get his hair styled at UPS ... the best salon on the eastside.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1448
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: DR just told me she saw GB on “America's Next Top Model” last week. She said he went with an eclectic theme featuring the Nehru jacket with his purple silk chaps. Tyra loved the medallion with complementing love beads but thought the Hawaiian lei was just a bit over the top.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2207
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Did Alma win???? and get ready for this Saturdays showdown.... maybe GB rode on to Ann Arbor... u OF m does need to upgrade their half time show.... Tango and the dancing Indian Blankets might be featured...

7andkelly

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like goblow went and blew your old pop stand...guessing he's in jail, or he found some better losers, or both.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2416
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still haven't seen a resume from pissant 7&K!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1070
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NU6fuFrdCJY

GB and ES:

Here's a video link with an interesting perspective on the recent financial debacle that you may want to pass on to your fellow Obama supporters.

Sincerely,

Your East Side Comrade and non-Nader supporter,

KR

Eastside61

Post Number: 2210
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Thanks for the You Tube video..... can you join in the conference call with 7&K on 11/4 for the victory celebration.....I know that 7 is very shy but we look forward to hearing his voice again......

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Eastside wisdom to pass along: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. Remember John Kerry's 15 point lead over W in 04 and the dangling chad of 00. I'm not sure what 7 is doing on election day but we can all join in with S. Palin while she selects the correct shade of lipstick to match her sequin gown for the inaugural ball on 1/20/09.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No, Alma lost. They’re only so-so this year, expected to finish in about the middle of the division. But that’s OK. It’s a lot better than they were when I attended there… really bad then!!! Was Tango at the last u-OF-m game? Somebody must have given the banana heads a good kick in the pants during the second half.

7&K: Don’t worry. GB will be back. He’s late returning because he failed obedience class, and they’re making him repeat it. Tango’s really teed off too. He did all his trots and canters perfect, but GB kept falling off. And since they’re graded as a team Tango has to repeat the class too.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1471
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either Goblow was just too embarrassed to show his face after he beat out Tango in the horse's ass contest, or Tango couldn't stop himself from laughing long enough to travel.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder if they (GB / Tango) will be adding this obedience stuff to their outstanding RESUME .... as 7&K has requested they do......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Now, now be nice to GB. The poor lad has struggled his whole live trying to overcome his Fordham upbringing. He’s still a little rough around the edges, but he has had a lot to overcome.

ES: If they manage to complete the course successfully it should be highlighted in bold type. Tango did have the best styled mane and tail of any horse in the competition.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're probably right, OD. Apparently, old goblow has surrendered to my superior intellect. There is no sense beating a dead horse (no offense intended, Tango).

One dumass down...one to go.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Who's next???? GO SHARKS........actually GB have left the AZ area and moved in with Jjaba ....... NOT HOWIE....but Jjaba!!!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2418
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excuse me...been on the floor rolling with laughter...7&K's "superior intellect"...the last time I looked at the normative scale 95 points didn't exactly qualify as superior.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ferreted you out of your spider hole now, didnt' I, goblow?

Zitro

Post Number: 2166
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was so looking forward to goblows vacations pics too. Putin on Tango, Tango at the Kremlin, etc.. now we'll never see them because the balless wonder was ferreted out. Too bad.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First he ditched Eat Sht and OD, and now us. Why does he have act like such a jerk? You can goad goblow all you want and it will all be for not. A goat might work though.

Zitro

Post Number: 2167
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 9:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like we'll never get Eat Sht's answer to my question he had been avoiding either. I guess it's okay though, because it was transparent anyway to everyone else I just thought he would be man enough to admit it, but that's not his or goblows style.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1532
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's apparent he wasn't man enough to own up. If he were he would be exposed. You had him nailed dead to rights. Good job, Z.

Mission accomplished.

Davedoc
Username: Davedoc

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sabrelancer you remember the Cinderella on Jefferson & Piper my family supported the Grazanka's (Owners there and the Sabrelancer)

Davedoc

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sabrelancer you remember the Cinderella on Jefferson & Piper my family supported the Grazanka's (Owners there and the Sabrelancer"

Davedoc

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 12:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

opps

Sabrelancer

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Davedoc....nope, don't remember the Cinderella. Jefferson and Piper was a bit out of my neighborhood at the time (Lodewyck near chandler park dr and morros), although I did have some friends that lived around there

Davedoc

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sabre my cousin lived on Lodewyk two blocks from Harper Tom B.
I don't get to this site that often so I takes awhile for me to reply

Sabrelancer

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, November 07, 2008 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just got a place after living 3 days in a hotel...hee..hee..

Writing this from the library, as my internet won't be hooked up for another 3 weeks yet.

Just a tip....the slope is hiring NOW. See my Jobs Now post in non-detroit issues for details.

paul

Davedoc

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sabrelancer you still coming around here?

Eastside61

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 & Kelly is still suffering from his non-public school education ... we are not going away !!!!!!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Did it ever occur to you that K is the 11th letter of the alphabet? I wonder if 7&K is really a nom de plume for 7-11. Maybe I can get a hot dog and slurpee???

Eastside61

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I am not sure the 7&K is actually open for 24 hours a day ... You know what I mean?????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I've been to that 7-11. It's always open, but when you go inside there's never a clerk at the counter... if you know what I mean.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Last person out of the building turn out the lights....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I left the night lite on in case Zits should accidentally wander in.

Sabrelancer

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Davedoc....Sabre is back for a bit...got my apt, and actually made it liveable...now concentrating on getting the biz up so i can get out of this place....goal is to be back well in time for the 35th, class of '74 Denby reunion....got my resume`s sent to the slope. Realistically, probably be back home around May or so.....yeah!

Davedoc

Post Number: 23
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Sabre I think I told you I had a cousin who lived on Lodewyck between Candler Park and Harper

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.