Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Colloway fires back at school board « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ladia
Username: Ladia

Post Number: 224
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the school board is trying to use colloway as a scapegoat. i remember back when i went to dps schools, the prinipals used to tell the teachers to mark students present who were not there that day,or had not been their in a long period.so at least some of colloway's allegations are true.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2429
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm shocked, shocked to learn that there is corruption in DPS.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5953
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, your sarcasm becomes you

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Calloway.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 499
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She sure ripped them a new one last night. Couldn't believe one school board member wondered if she could sue Calloway for slander. Truth is the best defense so that gal probably doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 580
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know, there certainly seems to be a great presence of Feds investigations in various aspects of Detroit governance and the school board. What I'd like to know is when are they going to finally do their job and bring charges on all these corrupt city and school board officials? It's about time for the Feds to put up or shut up.

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroit voters should try and not elect to the school board retarded, child neglectors who like to play pretend and dress up like a clergyman.

Gnome

Post Number: 2430
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The paper reported that a camera crew from "Dan Rather Reports" covered the meeting. Prepare for another black eye for the City.

Wood
Username: Wood

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can confirm that Dan Rather Reports is doing a very in-depth story on DPS corruption.

Daddeeo

Post Number: 501
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They need an enema.

Gnome

Post Number: 2431
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me guess how the Dan Rather piece will go:

Audio: Wind blowing, Fade in(looking out of Jane Cooper school, through broken window to urban parrie beyond}
Cut to (low angle of hallway strewn with books and difting snow)
Cut to ( close up of child's drawing left dangling from corkboard)
Voice over: Detroit, The Motor City, once the muscle in Uncle Sam's bicep is dying, one school at a time.

Cut to (stock footage of prosterous Detroit circa 1958)
Voice Over: Once the home to 2 million, the city with more cars and more single family homes than any place else in the world, is now a struggling to sustain a intrastructure built for 2 million but now supported by only 850,000.

anyone else what to pick up from there?

Daddeeo

Post Number: 506
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Show dysfunctional school board meeting. Place is in complete disarray.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The DPS drank the Kool-aid a long time ago. The only good thing Engler did as Gov. was to take over the DPS, too bad the populus of the City drank the same Kool-aid and allowed the idiots to reclaim the board.

Why is it that every politician in Detroit is a total idiot? Look at the idiots on the Council and the vote they rendered on Cobo. Corruption is now the norm and there is no agency to check them, and the members of Council have Jedi Mind Tricked the popluation of Detroit with their shouts of racism. How can the entire state north of Eight Mile Road be racist? What jerks.

Detroitteacher
Username: Detroitteacher

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dan Rather was inside of CMA a few weeks back. He needs to come to one of the schools that is NOT a school of choice to see what's really going on.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.