Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Half-Full/Half-empty? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Chandyside
Username: Chandyside

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A colleague of mine snapped this billboard image on her way in to work this morning at about Cass & Adams. Some might say a missed target, audience-wise. Others? A little bit of optimism on a grey day like today. You be the judge.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3815
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, Quaker has found another way to creep me out (besides their Oatmeal).

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 988
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another white racist telling black people to get out of the city. Wait till Blksoul_x finds out about this.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1555
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh God, Retroit...you just had to, didn't you?!?

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2332
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love the Pepsi ad on the People Mover; Optimismmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

I love saying optimismmmmmmmm just went by to my friends. :-)

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 498
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't like the McDonald's ad on Woodward that says, talking about their coffee, "90210 Taste. 48202 Value." Isn't that a bit condescending toward the residents of Detroit?

Marianewtothed
Username: Marianewtothed

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^
Ouch!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2426
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

everyone comments

everyone comments

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Easy Dtown,

Those signs are everywhere.

Get out a little more.

Dcmorrison12
Username: Dcmorrison12

Post Number: 40
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I don't like the McDonald's ad on Woodward that says, talking about their coffee, "90210 Taste. 48202 Value." Isn't that a bit condescending toward the residents of Detroit?"

-DtownCityLover --- I thought the EXACT same thing, but that was the first billboard that I saw of those types of ads. It turns out that they are all over the place - even in the suburbs. They just change the last zipcode to the zipcode in which the sign is placed. So, it's not really an insult

Dtowncitylover
Username: Dtowncitylover

Post Number: 499
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have never seen another one since except for that one. But, if they are everywhere then OK.

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 286
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At first I was like "Huh"?

Then I was like "Grrrr!"... here's yet another pasty wig wearing face oppressing the Black masses....

Now I'm at "Oooohhhh" I get it now.... Oatmeal, fiber, bowels....

Let's just say it's not a good look if there's nobody around to look at the billboard....

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.