Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Carilta Sez: Life is wonderful (in Texas) « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.dallasnews.com/shar edcontent/dws/news/localnews/s tories/022209dnmetsouthlake.45 e0a68.html

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 174
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow the comments are piling up on the Dallas website already...A lot of Detroiters have found this article!!

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"...Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, cheated on her and lied about it under oath."

Talk about a sanitized version of what really happened.

"I couldn't imagine picking up and leaving any time soon," she said."

Hopefully the feds can throw a wrench into her plans.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 9051
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although...she cannot understand why her little big-heads haven't been invited to join the local little league.

quote:

"I'm ready to start anew," Carlita Kilpatrick told The Dallas Morning News in her first extensive interview since moving to Texas.

..."and when y'all do the mother's-against-son's game, can I bat cleanup? I've got this motherfucker of a swing. What are y'all lookin' at?!"

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks as if the paper's pulled to comments section. I wrote a comment, posted it, then read it. Went to read other comments, but they seem to have disappeared.

Perhaps we should find some of the Dallas chat rooms and make some friends...

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool! The comments section is up.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Neat, I guess crime does pay, afterall.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 474
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love how she says that the "critics (of KK's new job) don't have his or her best interests at heart". As if THEIR interests should be more important than the 250 employees who were conveniently let go as he came on board. Again with the sense of overwhelming entitlement. She's learned well from her hubby.

Rooms222
Username: Rooms222

Post Number: 178
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The comment section is up to 160. It appears to be working, but they have partially hidden it where they are not encouraging comments. Click on comments then it will show up. Earlier in the day, it showed the number of comments and encouraged people to leave one......Some of them have not been well moderated, one that is still up talks about Carlita blowing her neighbor, lol......

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 117
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh hubris, thy name is Kilpatrick.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is anyone else pissed at the way they were allowed to f--- up Detroit, and jump ship to a more prosperous city?

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 319
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That piece was as light-weight as cotton candy.
If it wasn't from the Dallas Morning News, I would have thought it was from the Michigan Chronicle and the writer was Frankie Darcell.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 705
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Tetsua:

Is anyone else pissed at the way they were allowed to f--- up Detroit, and jump ship to a more prosperous city?

I'm happy as a pig in mud that Kwame decided to move his family to Dallas - an upscale suburb of Dallas at that. Maybe people that defended him and thought he had Detroit's best interest at heart will realize all he was doing for six years was pimping Detroit. Maybe in the future they will select representatives with more scrutiny and be less forgiving when these assholes screw up.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 281
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems to be a helluva lot of residents who still don't realize or care that he was "pimping" Detroit, judging from the last poll, the number of people who would still support / re-elect him is astounding.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 4011
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I do not know how this happened but disgraced former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick is moving right down the street from us to Southlake...WTF? We got out of Michigan just as he was screwing up Detroit, and now he comes down here? Lovely.

That guy is a fucken douchebag. But I will tell you one thing, Strawberry the stripper died BEFORE the Detroiters elected him into his second term...Everyone voter north of 8 mile stood in shock when the news announced his victory for the second time. Of course he was doing blow, having wild parties, and doing his assistant..the voters basically told him it was ok!

If you are going to elect an ignorant, gang bangin, coked out, gangster to run your city, then I guess you get what you had coming to you when he embezzles money, and kills a hooker in the mayors mansion...right?

http://thedoggydidit.blogspot. com/

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 706
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Originally posted by Softailrider:

Seems to be a helluva lot of residents who still don't realize or care that he was "pimping" Detroit, judging from the last poll, the number of people who would still support / re-elect him is astounding.

And just what are those numbers? Do you have a link?

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 474
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those upscale Texans must really wonder, "There goes the neighborhood."

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 524
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"69 percent of voters say they would absolutely not vote for him when he's eligible, according to a Detroit News/WXYZ Action News poll"

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20090219/METRO 01/902190420

Doesn't sound like a lot of support to me.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is this 'Kwame doesn't have to pay restitution if he moves to Texas' crap I keep hearing about? Something about Texas law? It sounds like bullshit to me. Anyone else heard about this?

Sounds like the 'Kwame needs to stay in office until November in order to be vested' rumor.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4167
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I'd have been her, I'd have had a bit of respect and not talked about this, for years. This is some kind of hubris, to insult Detroiters by essentially telling them that they are history, to her, and that she can sleep comfortably at night. I saw something in the News where she said something to the effect of how her neighbors and adopted community don't seem to care about "whatever happened". Yeah, that's right up there with "mistakes were made."

Carlita may be a woman, but a lady she is not.

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 578
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I try not to be bitter. I gave $500 to Freeman Hendrix in the last mayoral race, although I dared not mentioned that on this forum at the time. It was just so pitiful that the city re-elected KK. All those well meaning KK supporters, so sure of their man. Remember? Freeman was the stooge of the suburanites.

What morons. I can't be too judgmental, though. I voted for Bush, who makes KK look like the greatest leader in the history of the world.

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 119
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who did you vote for in both elections, the first time around Ray?

Janesback
Username: Janesback

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 8:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dallas for some reason is palying host to losers in politics

KK is there, the mayor of New Orleans Ray Nagin has bought a house, and the biggest loser, George Bush is living north of the city....

I guess this really applies to Dallas when people say "there goes the neighborhood" Jane

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 476
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great point, LMichigan, it was very UNclassy to give this interview, right now, or even ever, but especially right now. It's like she just needed to spit back in the face of Detroiters to let them know that she didn't care and she still won. I wouldn't doubt that she arranged the interview herself. Her and Kwame still feel they did nothing wrong and that people are just jealous of them and want to keep the black man down. I shudder to think of what kind of kids they are raising to unleash on the world in a few years. Let's just pray they don't go into politics.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 2796
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone talks about KK and his perjury on the stand. They talk about his affair with another woman. O.k. as a politician that stinks.
But what no one has really talked about was the $9 milion the SOB cost Detroit because of his lies and coniving ways.
Why don't you real Detroiters talk about that? That is where the REAL crime occured.

Bobby08
Username: Bobby08

Post Number: 134
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

+1 Goat

The 1 million he was forced to pay as restitution was considered a "drop in the bucket" in my opinion, he should have been ordered to pay ATLEAST half of the 9 million.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 573
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

what no one has really talked about was the $9 milion the SOB cost Detroit because of his lies and coniving ways. Why don't you real Detroiters talk about that?

Maybe you haven't read every thread but that $9 million has been mentioned at least 9 million times here. "No one has really talked about it" could not possibly be more inaccurate.

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3365
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They moved to Texas for a loophole in the law? There is some bitter irony. Wait until they tangle with Texas law. When it comes to mercy or understanding, that is the f*cking stone age down there.

Stosh
Username: Stosh

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Currently, the Texas Constitution only permits garnishment for child support.

From the Crime Victim's Institute:

quote:

Although the rate of restitution collection for victims of crime is low, Texas law does include some provisions designed to promote payment by the defendant. First, the court is required to set a specific time period for a defendant to complete payment. The time frame cannot exceed the time period of probation (if applicable), nor can the time period end more than five years after the end of a prison term.33 This provides a deadline for the defendant to fulfill the restitution obligation. Also, if the court or parole panel places a defendant on probation or parole, restitution is a required condition of the terms of probation or parole. Thus, the court has the ability to revoke probation, and the parole panel has the ability to revoke parole when restitution is not paid. When determining whether or not to revoke probation or parole, the court must consider several factors including: defendant’s employment, future earning capabilities, financial resources, and willingness to pay.34 The law allows the courts to obtain information about the defendant from a community supervision and corrections department in order to make a decision.

Texas law also gives crime victims a restitution lien in order to ensure restitution is paid by the offender. This means that victims have legal access to offenders’ assets. Also regarding liens, the victim has priority over any lien the state has over an offender’s property.

http://www.crimevictimsinstitu te.org/documents/Restitution%2 0Report.pdf

Jacqueline
Username: Jacqueline

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Covisant's home office in Texas? If the company's home office is in another state, could that state garnish his pay check if he is not paying restitution to MI or does one's place of residence determine if one's pay check can be garnished?

Hw1975
Username: Hw1975

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, Carlita thinks no one in Dallas is interested in what happened to the Kilpatrick's in Detroit...then why does she think the newspaper was interviewing her? Does she think they interview every new resident?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5339
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tomorrow afternoon is KK's hearing about whether he gets to move or not. Worthy is opposing the move and is also going to ask for the $3,000 per month he's allegedly paying for the house in Texas.

clickondetroit.com is going to livestream his hearing - scheduled for 2 p.m.

Ocean2026
Username: Ocean2026

Post Number: 133
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know which is worse having Kwame or Bush in DFW.

Luckily I live in South Texas near Corpus and hopefully I won't have to look at either of them.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.