Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Apartments/lofts in Midtown « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitbob48209
Username: Detroitbob48209

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am considering moving to Midtown and have looked at units in the new Studio Complex at Woodward/Forest/Canfield, the Garfield Lofts across the street, rental units at the Park Shelton and a few other buildings which I have taken off the list.

Anyone living in the above buildings care to comment?

Thanks!

Bob

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2117
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those new WSU apartments look kind of sweet. Nice balcony overlooking Woodward.

Buzzman0077
Username: Buzzman0077

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm actually moving back as well. Two websites, at least that I've seen, are the O'Conner realty site and theloftwarehouse, both seem to have some pretty cool listings.

Does anyone know any good leasing agents that would help me find the right place in about a five mile radius of downtown?

Sciencefair
Username: Sciencefair

Post Number: 145
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call Kim Haygood at Elite Properties: 313.680.9440

She mananges the building where I reside and has been great at resolving issues and making building improvements.

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 728
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonna Companies runs the Garfield lofts & several others in the New Center/Midtown area, and they are known as exceptional landlords. Here is their website:
http://www.jonna-detroitlofts. com/

They just opened up the amazing New Amsterdam Lofts just south of the Fisher Building -- I highly recommend checking them out.

Detroiterbychoice
Username: Detroiterbychoice

Post Number: 175
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to live in one of the jonna lofts, and Judy Jonna was by far the best landlord I ever had. Super cool.

Pcm
Username: Pcm

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The New Amsterdam lofts and the Graphic Arts lofts are the only lease-able lofts in town that are worth living in.

I got a tour of each building by Judy, and I was so awe struck by their beauty that I forgot to ask questions about utilities, parking, etc.!

I've got a rental application on my counter at home and It'll be in her hands this week.

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 79
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anyone needs a contact for loft rentals or for purchase Liz @ Real Estate One has a bunch of nice properties available to look at.

http://lizindetroit.com

Developer
Username: Developer

Post Number: 15
Posted on Monday, February 23, 2009 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out Research Lofts and judge for yourself.

www.ResearchLofts.com

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.