Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Hamtramck Mom, Son Robbed At Gunpoint « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lugotown
Username: Lugotown

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is disturbing
Mom Says Robbers Put Gun To Son's Head

http://www.clickondetroit.com/ news/18754557/detail.html#-

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2115
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot and need to feel the pain they inflict on others

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does superstition have to do with anything?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3544
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is the third mugging at gunpoint I've heard about in Hamtramck over the last two months. One day, these assholes are going to run into somebody with a CCW and get blown away ...

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4493
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loss of jobs means people will risk their lives to take lives and their properties. Those cowardly thieves who struck innocent people in Hamtramck will be back. Everyone in that area must become the police force.

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about that girl that was capped last summer in front of the CVS while sitting in her car? That's right when I moved out of the Ham-sandwich.

During the time I did live there (5 months or so) I witnessed several gang fights/riots and a man beating the crap out of his 5 year old son right on main street. In one of the gang riots one dude was hit in the head with a cinder block, so he retaliated and hit another dude in the head with a wood pallet.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 702
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't wait until the new board because this will be my signature:

quote:

Originally posted by Danny:

Loss of jobs means people will risk their lives to take lives

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What strikes me as odd is that this woman can give a detailed decription of the clothing and body size of the two maggots but she couldn't identify their race. Seems strange.

(Message edited by rjk on February 20, 2009)

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the quote I used is from the old Batman Comics. Those comics really mimic real life in this city.

Aoife
Username: Aoife

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure she could identify their race(s), it just was not included in the story.

I didn't think that the papers were supposed to mention the race of a suspect- haven't there been recent cases where people were angry because race was brought into news reports?

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 703
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aoife, I think it's fair to state the race of the suspect as a description when the cops are looking for the assailants. There would be no reason to mention race if the cops caught the suspects, as they and the community wouldn't be out looking for them.

Cloud_wall
Username: Cloud_wall

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my experience, race not mentioned = white.

I've never heard of a news outlet deliberately omitting race in a fugitive search situation out of fear of offending someone.

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did the local news recently get a writer located in Hamtramck? I've never seen so much coverage of the city before. Stick ups happen often, all over our area. But lately every little crime in Hamtramck gets reported.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3559
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it's because the various ethnic communities are raising a stink about these muggings, prodding the news media, protesting at the police station, etc. Maybe in other communities, they just shrug their shoulders when crime hits, but Hamtramckians are notoriously noisy when unhappy.

Rjk

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In my experience, race not mentioned = white."

An article in The Citizen describes them as being black.
http://www.hamtramckcitizen.co m/news/hamtramcks-streets-get- meaner

I guess the sarcasm in my initial post wasn't clear enough. If I live in Hamtramck I don't give a damn about someone being offended. I want the full description, including the race of the suspects.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3804
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of weeks ago, there was 3 robberies on the same day in the Chandler Park area (someone I know was robbed at gunpoint in the Warrren/Conner Shopping Center). All 3 of the people described the same person (in a police report).

The robber(s) are probably still out there.

Jack_myer
Username: Jack_myer

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What strikes me as odd is that this woman can give a detailed decription of the clothing and body size of the two maggots but she couldn't identify their race. Seems strange."

What makes you think she couldn't identify their race.

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 399
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's called newspapers being politically correct. We have the same problem down here.

Rjk

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What makes you think she couldn't identify their race."

See my above post. Of course she could identify their race, the newspaper just didn't print it which seems ridiculous.

Rjk

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 6:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What makes you think she couldn't identify their race."

See my above post. Of course she could identify their race, the newspaper just didn't print it which seems ridiculous.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.