Discuss Detroit » Archives - March 2009 » Kilpatrick request scrutinized « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doug Guthrie / The Detroit News

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20090214/METRO /902140373

A Wayne County Circuit judge is likely to have pointed questions for former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's lawyers when they return to court later this month.

As details emerge about the way Kilpatrick landed his new executive sales job with a Compuware affiliate, questions are raised about the necessity of his exemption from probation to fly to Dallas for a job interview immediately following his Feb. 3 release from jail.

Three of the four people who interviewed Kilpatrick for the job are based in Detroit....

There was no immediate "board action" involved in the decision in Texas, as promised in Groner's court by Kilpatrick's lawyer, James C. Thomas.

The interview took place three days after Kilpatrick's arrival there, not the next day as announced in court. And, of the two executives who interviewed Kilpatrick in Dallas last week, one flew in from Detroit for the event, days behind Kilpatrick....

Karmanos said Friday there was no job guaranteed. Yet, Kilpatrick's wife leased a nearly $3,000 per month home in a tony Dallas suburb and moved there in December with the couple's three sons. Kilpatrick took a chartered business jet to join his family just hours after he completed 99 days in the Wayne County Jail.

Karmanos on Friday explained Thomas may have misunderstood the hiring process, assuming members of his executive team involved in the interviews represented a "board." Kilpatrick returned, as ordered by the court, to Detroit on Monday, where he was interviewed by two more Detroit-based executives.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2365
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are The Felon's new superviors:
Ryan Kramer
Manager - Software Sales, FTS, SDG
ryan.kramer@compuware.com

tboch@covisint.com

I'm sure they'd love to hear your thoughts.

(Message edited by gnome on February 14, 2009)

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 453
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 7:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good, they should scrutinize it and hold all of them in contempt! It was a total farce. He didn't even need to go and interview since the job was promised last year, according to Brooks Patterson. And he could have interviewed here, but clearly the fix was in which is why his family was already THERE - Karmanos is probably paying for their living expenses too.

They all lied to the court in order to get him a vacation with his family.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 903
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Paul said Kilpatrick will receive the firm's standard pay package for sales representatives with his responsibilities -- "somewhere between a $100,000 and $120,000 base, and they can usually double their base by making their plan, a quota assigned to them. Every rep gets the same quota." Kilpatrick, from a base in Dallas, will call on officials of cities, states and companies to hawk Covisint's services for cutting costs by improving access to medical data."

Does this job description mean that he will leave Texas and visit other States physically or will he conduct business via phone or web conference? The probation restrictions are very specific about travel. If he gets permission to move to Texas, will the rules change to allow him to travel freely? If he does his "hawking" from a base in Dallas what does Karmanos mean when he says "when KK enters a room, he owns it"...what difference does it make over the phone. Karmanos is being extorted or blackmailed, in my humble opinion.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 554
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully, if Kwame is to make a success of this venture, he won't have to pay for the services of a potential customer's father in order to gain access to the appropriate party.

Mackenzie68
Username: Mackenzie68

Post Number: 89
Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2009 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a mental image of KK showing up on a sales call with three vehicles (economics being what they are) of henchmen. As they march into the building, will the receptionist call the police or Homeland Security? Will the intended customer get an offer they can't refuse? Will KK and Carlita entertain potential clients at home?

Face it folks, all y'all and his momma done set him up for a comeback.

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 399
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm missing my Kwame fix. Guess i'll have to wait till next week when the judge let's him know the conitions of travel to his new job.
The feds are sure dragging their heels. I need headlines, drama, handcuffs, Steve Wilson....

Original63
Username: Original63

Post Number: 488
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah what we need is his future to be bleak so we can dog him for the next 20 years for not being able to pay back his Tithe to the city.

Let him go people Let Texas have him and Detroit will at least get a Million dollars from him.

We need Jobs and closure so we can focus on saving detroit not watching Kwame swing in the wind, I'm tired of seeing him already.

Good Riddance.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3912
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, how soon will they get their money back, when he was shopping for $80,000 Escalades last week, according to local TV news ?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4491
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KING KWAME screw Detroit too long. It's time for him and family to leave and persume the pauperous life in "Redneck Metropolis". Let him throw this stripper parties there and we Detroiters make sure the he will not come back to Detroit to run for the 2013 election. He's done with politics and practing law. He's will be working a depressing cubicle doing paperwork.

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 1003
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome,

Why did you post that guys contact information on here? That isn't cool.

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 72
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^

Why not? I'm sending him a piece of my mind.

Thanks Gnome

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 534
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just heard that Ms Worthy will be pursuing the felon for monthly payments of $3000.00 toward his million dollar settlement, based on the $3000.00 rent he has been paying.

Imhere
Username: Imhere

Post Number: 79
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Worthy asked the judge to order Kilpatrick to attend the hearing and testify under oath."

Isn't this what got him in trouble in the 1st place? The fact he CANNOT truthfully testify under oath? Who thinks he would be truthful now??

Pamequus
Username: Pamequus

Post Number: 166
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will he never learn??

Iseries840

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big_baby_jebus,

What do you have to say to Mr. Kramer? What does he have to do with any of this?

Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He hired the man who helped set my city back 30 years....

yeah, he's gonna here from me.

Iseries840

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He didn't hire him. Karmanos did. I hope you people don't seriously go around harassing people like that.

Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sending Karmanos (who I HAD a great deal of respect for) a letter via Kwame's boss. If he reads it so be it.

Get off your high horse. If you make the mistake of hiring a social leper you must pay the price of public outcry...face it you just want more of King Kwame don't you?

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 39
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He wants to go to Texas and avoid paying. The laws in Texas, Florida, and a few other states provide for it. If you think this SOB intends to payback that money you are smoking something. I say we should hire Ron Goldman's dad now that OJ is behind bars. Follow that no good MFer and make his life hell.

He got a DEAL. And the deal involved a sweetheart job option from Karmanos. Shit, the company he works for does not not even have an office down there. He lied about the board vote. He lied about the interview.

Why show this piece of shit any consideration. Or for that matter his wife, father, or mother? They are crooked as hell and need to be hammered. This sucks, its just like the Enron boys. Justice just isn't matching up to the hell they brought.

Personally I think people are dead because of him and a great deal of other nasty things occurred too. I hope the feds nail his ass to the wall and they throw his hide in with the general population. Good old hardcore federal time breaking rocks in the hot sun....

Homer
Username: Homer

Post Number: 400
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 1:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brown f guy, those are my sentiments exactly. Crucify the slimebag and his cohorts.

Vivadetroit
Username: Vivadetroit

Post Number: 167
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Worthy needs to go after his slimy butt. While the city languishes in debt, he's living it up in Dallas. The city needs that money ASAP, so maybe Worthy can garnish his wages, like an ordinary citizen would have done to them.

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sometimes people do wrong and the system gives you consideration. It essentially is an investment in you. Do your time, pay your fine, etc. Hopefully you have/will learn and now be on the straight and narrow.

Sometimes you do wrong and you get hammered and it is unfair. An example is because of race. Hopefully we have made huge headway in regardless to that type of unfairness.

Sometimes you do wrong and you get a fair deal. Did the crime and you do the time, etc.

Sometimes you do wrong and they hammer you to make an example out of you. Example: I know a women who got caught in a prescription drug scam ring and got the book thrown at her. Why? Because she was an educated, high upper class suburbanite, who made a good living and still broke the law. It was all about greed. Simple greed and the judge told her so at her sentencing. He said she was no poor, uneducated, young black man (for example - could be any race or gender) with few options and no role models. Nope, just a crooked greedy bee-otch. So she got the maximum.

Sometimes you do wrong and are a person of stature how should be held to a higher example. Sometimes you get hit harder because of it. Sometimes you get a deal because of "relationships, etc."

Kwame is an example of someone who has gotten a deal and been a man of high position. Also he is a man of status. He did not want for much when being raised.

The best thing Kwame could do is be an example. An example of such supreme hubris that shows if you attempt to run over all that is good and fair that you too can be caught by the man and heavily punished. That yes, you too - you power brokers can be destroyed and punished like the common criminal. Maybe even harder.

That would be a fine example to all that may came this way in the future.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 526
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why can't KK show up to his hearing? It's not like he has anything better to do aside from hanging out in mom's basement until he get approval to leave the state.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like fat boy will have to cool his heels in this D for a while. Gosh, the nerve of the prosecutor for wanting to know where the money came from for the jet.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.