Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Roayl Radio in Royal Oak...still open? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 405
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know if this place is still open? I'm looking to get a car stereo repaired (hopefully) and I was recommended to go there. However, their number is disconnected! I'd hate to waste 30 minutes of my day to drive down there and see they're closed up for good.

Cambrian
Username: Cambrian

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, building is vacant, they've been closed at least two years I think. I had a place do some car audio work in Pontiac I liked, can't recall the name, but they where near the NE corner of M-59 and US 24, on 59.

Yaktown

Post Number: 406
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Cambrian. Shame they closed up, heard they did good work. There is also a Royal Radio in Oxford, wonder if it's the same people. The place you are thinking of in Pontiac is Car Tunes. Would be a lot closer to me, I'll give them a call.

Yaktown

Post Number: 408
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, called Car Tunes in Pontiac. They send out radios to be repaired, might take a few weeks is what I was told. Called Royal AutoSound in Oxford, they don't do repairs but did recommend SpecMo in Mad Heights. Called them, was on hold for too long. Screw it, just gonna go get one off fleabay or a junkyard.

Cambrian

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That SpecMo just services the OEM's they don't do walk in business. Is this a vintage car radio? You might try a source you locate in the Hemming's Motor News. I had a friend take some DJ equipment to ESL (right next to Louis's Pizza) in Hazel Park for service, they also did car stereos I was told. ESL moved a few years back to Berkley I think.

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 448
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cambrian is correct in suggesting Hemmings. Too bad about Royal they restored my 51 Packard radio for a lot less $$ than any quotes I received from Hemmings Vendors.

Yaktown

Post Number: 409
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, this isn't a vintage radio at all. It's the stock radio in my 2002 Jeep Liberty. Last week it just stopped working for no reason. I checked the fuses and they were good. While fiddling around, I found out how easy it is to replace it (or have it stolen!).

Cambrian

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Esl Inc
Address: 2412 W 14 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073
Phone: (248) 541-4080

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.