Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Name of Menswear Shop on Woodward « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 344
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My old brain can't recall the name of a menswear shop that was on Woodward..I believe it was right across from the Guardian Building. They had a great tailor and I occasionally had to take a jacket or pants belonging to my boss, over there for repairs or alterations. Driving me nuts because I can't remember the name.

Jman
Username: Jman

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 5:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whalings?

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whalings it was. Then they went over to Renaissance. I think they were taken over by Young's of Birmingham at some point.
Good store, quality clothes, and helpful employees, a favorite for many of us in the Guardian Building.

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 347
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's it! Thank you so much.

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it was Washington's Clothiers

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.