Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Security has to restrain Conyers « Previous Next »
Archive through February 11, 2009Blksoul_x30 02-11-09  10:44 am
Archive through February 11, 2009Gravitymachine30 02-11-09  1:04 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 355
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you deny an apology (especially publicly), does that make you as petty as the person that offered?

Man up Kwame. There is plenty to fight with Monica about at the Council table. Don't get caught up in nonsense. Detroit is in a crisis, handle the peoples business.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 802
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, here we go. Looks like that WWIII is starting. I think that Mr. Kenyatta has just about had enough.

Leland_palmer
Username: Leland_palmer

Post Number: 520
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

@BSX

I guess Mr Kenyatta has mistaken INTENSITY with hostility or bad behavior.

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 696
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am happy that the general apology was rejected. She is so out of line she should be institutionalised.

Hopefully Kenyatta remembers to treat constituants in front of council with courtesy also. In fairness, I will say he has always been polite to citizens at council sessions I have attended but then he goes and votes stupid. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the council but that is not a compliment.

Council is having a community forum this coming Tuesday. I am afraid to go. If I say what I think, the crazy woman will probably attack me. Sorry, I am not very brave.

Mama_jackson
Username: Mama_jackson

Post Number: 480
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, he was right to blow her apology off. If she isn't brought to fore about her behavior in some manner she will not learn. (Personally I don't think she will ever change her attitude or behavior)

However, this all may be for nothing, because the Feds have something on her and it's just a matter of time before she is forced to resign or is in jail. Just watch her behavior as the Feds get closer and closer to disclosing what the charges against her. You think she's crazy now????

(Message edited by mama_jackson on February 11, 2009)

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6131
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I guess that Sista Monica wasn't disrespectin' Councilman Kenyatta, was she?

In BSX's 'hood folks will shoot you if you just look at them funny...

And ya gotta love his defense of the Michigan Citizen... that rag that can hardly be called news... my all time favorite headline of their "hidden agenda"...

ARCHER JR. GETS 70 MILLION GM CONTRACT/GM LAYS OFF 25,000!!

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1431
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone actually think she'll resign? Hell, they'll have to carry her kicking and screaming out of the CAY.

Deteamster
Username: Deteamster

Post Number: 190
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Strong young intense leaders like Sista Conyers"

Sista Conyers ain't right. She's mentally ill and highly medicated. She has been for over a decade. Somethin the "white papers" don't talk about. There's some education for you.
So either you admire the deranged...or just like arguing with white people on internet message boards. Either way, the fuck is your purpose?

Oh and Johnny Boy swings both ways, so that's why he has to keep homegirl around. But everybody already knows that.

(Message edited by Deteamster on February 11, 2009)

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monica Conyers is a disgrace to the human race. With all her supossed education, she resorts to grade-school mentality by making fun of someone's disability. I bet she was one of the kids in school who mocked those with learning disabilities.

Anyone who defends her is clearly harboring predudice feelings against people who have some sort of handicap.

Councilman Kenyatta, on the otherhand, has shown that he is a MAN of INTEGRETY.

Blksoul_x, if I may, instead of defending predudice, ignorant folks who clearly have issues with disabled persons, you might want to give props to Councilman Kenyatta. THAT is someone you should be proud of and try to emulate.

(Message edited by detroitej72 on February 11, 2009)

Trstar
Username: Trstar

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow. Where do I begin. Ms. Conyers is spoiled housewife of politician who thinks she's inherited his good will. Ms Conyers is not worthy of the positions she holds. Ms. Conyers behavior is unacceptable in ANY professional environment. She should be formally reprimanded for such disrespectful behavior to another council member.

No Conyers in '09.

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2239
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Radio Interview:

http://www.mix923fm.com/pages/ middaymix_uncut.html

Free Press Article:

http://freep.com/article/20090 211/BLOG25/90211062/Three+stri kes+against+Conyers

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ms. Conyers behavior is not tolerable. For every piece of news that covers poor behavior, you need ten items of good coverage to make up for it. Ms. Conyers "leadership" frankly, has cost the city significantly in regards to its credibility. That in turn can be counted in dollars or lack of dollars in investment.

Its a foregone conclusion that she is referenced in the federal court filings.... The best we can hope for is that she gets nailed and is nothing more than a bad memory and an example of why it does not pay to be a corrupt politician trading influence for dollars.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the 92.3 interview Monica Conyers states that Kwame Kenyatta called her a disgrace and she responded by saying "Whatever" and walked away.

I'd have an easier time believing that pigs can fly. Her problem is that she can't walk away from anything.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She shouldn't have been restrained. They should have let her attack him. Then, we'd be through with her.

I love the way she explains the coverage of her behaviors as "jealousy".

Yep, I'm sure jealous.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1438
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She shouldn't have been restrained. They should have let her attack him. Then, we'd be through with her.

I love the way she explains the coverage of her behaviors and excesses as "jealousy".

Yep, color me jealous.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2240
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ten minutes of that interview will make you embarrassed that she is our council president.

Otter
Username: Otter

Post Number: 568
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, BS_X does seem to have dropped over into self-parody with his most recent post.

O.

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2247
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blksoul_X,

Does one make the other okay?

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 663
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The reality is, most Black politicians are fighting a losing battle trying to uphold the democracy of amerikkka' "

Get over it. "Amerikkka" voted for a black president on their own free will. They proved you wrong.Either rejoice or go find another country you perceive to be racist and move your mission there.
OOps, I think I inadvertantly engaged in "basic white people codespeak". Go figure.

dumb white guy-atcha

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1689
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I give it to Monica "Eddie" Conyers. Check out the hairline. It explains so much about her behavior:
Exhibit A:
http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/le gislative/CityCouncil/Members/ ConyersM/images/monica_conyers _bio.jpg
Exhibit B:
http://www.mallardsbaseball.co m/home/images/news/butch_patri ck5.jpg

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a difference a weave makes!

Det_ard
Username: Det_ard

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I look forward to inevitable day that she gets tazed. I hope for good video.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4109
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good god, people, stop replying to f%ck&d-upsoul_X, already. He's a cartoon character, and won't ever be anything more than that. Just look at the top contendors in the upcoming mayoral election. Things have changed. Monica Conyers isn't fit to manage a Burger King, let alone making law for the City of Detroit.

I'd pay for to see someone ask Monica Conyers why she wants to be a city council person. I'd pay because upon asking it, everyone would finally get right away how big of a fraud and phoney she is, and if she didn't blush, herself, I'd be surprised. She knows she isn't in it for the public service or for Detroit. She's in it for her own delusions.

And, when her re-election comes around, if her husband wants to stomp for her and continue to try and pass this gutter snipe off for a lady, his ass can get to steppin', too. I think more than ever Detroiter's see the possible negative outcomes from simply electing a name.

The media didn't do Monica Conyers in; Monica Conyers did Monica Conyer's in, but, unfortunately, not before the damage was done to the city.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1693
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I look forward to inevitable day that she gets tazed."

Yeah, instead of "Don't taze me, bro!" she can yell, "Don't taze me, Shrek!"

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 372
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The reality is, this is normal behavior. All around the world in board rooms, meeting rooms, and even family dinner tables etc...

Blksoul_x, maybe "this is normal behavior" in your black community, but in the general community, no, mature adults in positions of repsonsibility don't act so outrageously and disrespectfully. If your assertion about this being the norm in your community is correct, maybe this explains why there are less blacks "in board rooms, meeting rooms", etc (corporate America) than there statistically should be. Really, who the hell would want anyone who acts like any of these buffoons anywhere near their company!?

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Used to be (way back when) that City Council members behaved like intelligent, well mannered ladies and gentlemen, and NEVER would have acted like some do today. Self control seems to have gone out the window, along with proper meeting behavior. But like Atwater said, it may be a racial thing. I had to admit it, but I think he's right. I witnessed this firsthand in my many years working for a large Detroit company that employed many, many minorites.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 652
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm convinced that she has a mental illness. Not bad enough that she has to be institutionalized but bad enough that she probably needs meds.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 4113
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And, now, some of you (grumpyoldlady) are raising Blcksoul ridiculousness with some of your own by offering sweeping generalizations (i.e. I witnessed this firsthand in my many years working for a large Detroit company that employed many, many minorites.). This isn't a debate about "minorities, "it's about a disgraceful council president. Perhaps "old" fits your outdated worldview, as well.

Detroit_expat
Username: Detroit_expat

Post Number: 77
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Detroiters put the wheels under this ghetto skank in the next election.

Relieved of her duties on council, perhaps she'd have time to pursue a rap career -- MC Dumbass.

Or, in the alternative, House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers might just book Monica a trip on a small plane in bad weather.... She brings unnecessary problems, and a bit of housekeeping is indicated.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4474
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RECALL CONYERS!

Leannam1989
Username: Leannam1989

Post Number: 184
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see what this has to do with race. Making fun of a guy for having cancer and because he can't hear is not okay because she is black. And the man she was making fun of is also black isn't he? Not everything is about race.

If her behavior continues like this, I don't see any way that Detroit City Council gets anything done. This argument:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qqOSNI7l0bQ
is already on Youtbe, are we going to have another?

As a city leader, Conyers is a representative, whether fair or not, of her city. Acting like this is not going to improve most people's opinions of Detroit. Sometimes you cannot change people's opinions anyway, but Conyers attitude probably does not improve the image of Detroit.

Novine
Username: Novine

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Blksoul_x, maybe "this is normal behavior" in your black community, but in the general community, no, mature adults in positions of repsonsibility don't act so outrageously and disrespectfully."

Clearly, this is someone who's never witnessed a city council meeting in Warren.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 447
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The contradiction of white amerikkkan' amazes me!

For all the so-called moral, mature, ethical, extraordinary white people that have attempted to engage discourse on this subject, it appears that you parrot the overall object that you resent most about Mrs.Conyers private 'dozens session' with brotha' Kenyatte.

Your true nature is manifested through the demonic sentiments adressed toward Mrs.Conyers during this thread__notwithstanding, you maintain, 'it don't go on in your community'?__go figure!

Gotta admire amerikkkan' hypocrisy.(NOT!)

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting on!

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 695
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Novine,

Or Southfield City Council meetings (back when Fracassi was still mayor) or Oakland Community College Board meetings (lack of civility and professionalism was cited by the North Central Accrediting team).

Go figure!

Mschievous
Username: Mschievous

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know if the Detroit "Common" Council has a Sergeant at Arms?

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once Marianne Mahaffey had to have the sargent at arms remove a councilman (Cleveland?) for a disruption so they have had a sargent in the past, I guess they still do.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rumor has it Monica Conyers will be at our neighborhood association meeting on the 24th.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1443
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, they still have a sargeant-at-arms. The sargeant I remember stands about five feet tall with heels, but is a tough cookie.

Lmichigan

Post Number: 4114
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just the other day a disgruntled citizen here in Lansing kicked his way through the swinging door while threatening council:

quote:

Man who disrupted Lansing council meeting charged

Ryan Loew • rloew@lsj.com • February 10, 2009 • From LSJ.com

A 42-year-old Lansing man has been charged with two counts of assault on a police officer, as well as resisting arrest and disorderly in public following an incident at Monday's Lansing City Council meeting.

Barry Shiffer was arrested for reportedly fighting with police officers as he was escorted from a city council meeting Monday night.

Lansing Police spokesman Lt. Mike Yankowski said Shiffer caused a disruption during the regular council meeting when he kicked a small swinging gate separating the public from council members, approached officials and threatened to "start a war with police."

When Council President Derrick Quinney asked the man to leave, he reportedly took a "fighting stance" with police, Yankoswki said.

Police negotiated to peacefully remove the man, but as he was being escorted out he reportedly began fighting with officers, Yankowski said.

Two officers as well as the accused sustained minor injuries, according to police.

I wish I could find the video. The guy put up his fist with the police officer and everything. We usually have a few regulars that have to be escorted from the chambers, but this took it to a new level.

Municipal meetings are something to watch all across this great country. lol

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.