Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Channel 2, C. Pugh, Demoted? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 760
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Noticed that Jay Towers has replaced Charles Pugh on the weekend newscasts. Charles, it appears has been relegated to being an on the road newscaster. What's up? anybody know?

Maxcarey
Username: Maxcarey

Post Number: 221
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's leaving the station in March on his own accord. Apparently he is gearing up for a run at Detroit city council.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 784
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know how the old saying goes, don't quit your day job.

On the plus side, he does have name recognition, depending on how many people watch the 2 morning show, and remember who he is.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 3784
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Plus, he's still on WJLB in the morning.

So yeah, he's fairly well known.

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 10:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's got a great chance to win a seat. He has name recognition, he's been visible at some events... he also knows how to work a camera, which many of these folks don't.

He's got a serious shot.

And Townonenorth - I doubt one can keep their day job as a reporter or journalist for a major news entity when running for political office.

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 785
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't listen to WJLB, shows you how much I know. He'll obviously have to quit BOTH jobs, as DV mentioned.

He does have a shot, but that depends on two factors. One, is how many OTHER big-names run in the primary, and two, is the question of whether the church folks will vote for him.

I think he would be a good councilman, well informed on the issues.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 2096
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

isn't he a kwamunist?

Classicyesfan
Username: Classicyesfan

Post Number: 467
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Black church will do everything it can to keep an openly proud gay man out of office, even if he is one of their own. They turned out in force to vote for Obama, and in California, were the decisive factor in the success of proposition Hate(8). It's strange that people who have suffered the most intolerance, bigotry and persecution would be the worst persecutors of gays. For some reason, science has bypassed them, modern psychology escapes them, and they persist in the belief that sexuality is a "chosen sin".

If Charles has any political success, it will be entirely due to the Detroiter penchant for voting for known personalities ala Martha Reeves, the well known political scientist.

Baselinepunk
Username: Baselinepunk

Post Number: 99
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Pugh. I hope he does well in what ever he decides to take on.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 640
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Pugh has a great chance on getting in. Remember the voters aren't as demanding in terms of job qualifications as for the mayors seat. There is a lot of name recognition that goes on for this office and people will most likely say that I see him on TV he seems well spoken and smart so why not!

Fortunately, he does seem like a well grounded individual and could be a plus to the council.

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm with you baseline.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 641
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe Pugh has a great chance on getting in. Remember the voters aren't as demanding in terms of job qualifications as for the mayors seat. There is a lot of name recognition that goes on for this office and people will most likely say that I see him on TV he seems well spoken and smart so why not!

Fortunately, he does seem like a well grounded individual and could be a plus to the council.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 560
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh. Charles Pugh was such a major Kwame apologist. I heard a couple of radio interviews that he did with Kwame during the 2005 election, and it made my stomach turn. There was no journalistic impartiality, just a Kwame lovefest. Because he can read a teleprompter does not qualify him for a seat on city council.

As Firstandten mentioned, "Remember the voters aren't as demanding in terms of job qualifications as for the mayors seat." That needs to change...the incompetency of city council has greatly contributed to the sorry shape that the city is in. Surely there are people more qualified than Charles Pugh.

Thefishwrap
Username: Thefishwrap

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The lasting image I have of Pugh is the night before Kwame finally pleads guilty and there were "sources" saying he was going to turn himself in and resign in the morning. Pugh came on the TV and said his sources were saying that wasn't true, and no deal was done. Pugh and Scott Lewis were having an on-air source off... and of course, we know who was found to be right.

7miledog
Username: 7miledog

Post Number: 78
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not a fan of Mr. Pugh's support of Mayor Kilpatrick. However, I think his election would benefit the city to the extent that it would be a very visible statement that Detroit is breaking its homophobia (hopefully). A vibrant gay community is a necessary element of the creative class.

Vetalalumni
Username: Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Classicyesfan, post # 467 is quite a brave, scathing indictment of the black church. Likely an oversimplification. Worthy of a new non-detroit thread topic. If you start it (new thread), they will come (post).

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles Pugh came to my house to research a complaint I made against a neighborhood gas station in northwest Detroit that was selling large knives, small hatchets, metal wands, brass knuckles, metal stars from a large display case at the entrance to the store. It was a one-stop shopping mart for the weapons of gang war and I didn't want it in my neighborhood. His story on the complaint raised the interest of the Detroit Police gang squad and they made an undercover/underage buy. Over 800 weapons were confiscated from the store and the owner was cited and charged. A year later, the same owner was busted for selling some of the same items out of a cell phone store in the neighborhood of a Pontiac high and junior high schools. I appreciate the efforts of Charles Pugh and TV2 News to pursue cases like this that seem to escape the notice of powers-that-be that can confront and correct the situation. Charles Pugh has been reporting from the streets of Detroit for years so he knows what the issues are for those in the 'hood. I think he'd be an excellent choice for a Council seat.

Stikine
Username: Stikine

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like Charles Pugh and have like him for years. He is a Detroiter who would add much if elected to the City Council. I mean, c'mon,...Martha Reeves??!! We can do better than her, right?! I am astounded that she got voted in and has remained on the council for this long. Go figure!

Thafuzz
Username: Thafuzz

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Classicyesfan: The Black church will do everything it can to keep an openly proud gay man out of office, even if he is one of their own. They turned out in force to vote for Obama, and in California, were the decisive factor in the success of proposition Hate(8).

Wrong. First, Prop 8 did not pass by a decisive margin.

Second, Christian African American support was not the decisive factor. It was all people of faith, particularly ones who attend services weekly (some Asian minorities who identified as Christian had a higher "yes" turnout than African Americans.) Actually, age was a bigger factor than faith. Older voters were more likely to vote yes.

This bit of urban legend has done quite a lot of damage to relations between the GLBT and African American communities.

Foxyscholar
Username: Foxyscholar

Post Number: 270
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cosign, Thafuzz.

Black Americans (the churched, unchurched, nonchurched COMBINED) make up approximately SEVEN (7) PERCENT of California's population.

Source: http://quickfacts.census.gov/q fd/states/06000.html

Secondly, Black America is not a monolith. We don't all operate the same (like robots). And Obama is not the only "magic Negro" on the planet, either. There are more like Obama than what you see on the news. All Black men aren't walking around with their pants on their knees.

Regarding Charles Pugh, probably won't get much love from SOME of the Black churches because of both FAITH AND POLITICS. On the FAITH side, the Bible says what it says about homosexuality, period. On the politics side: the KK association isn't a plus. One's faith or worldview informs their politics. So people who may not vote for Pugh doesn't mean that they're homphobic. They may simply disagree with his politics. I hope that people don't get fooled by that okey-doke move.

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 796
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles Pugh would be great. I would love to see a Gay man on city council it would be great for perceptions of the city.

As for Prop 8 African American voted 57% in favor of it. Its not 70% but it is still a majority, a considerable majority.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

57 percent of WHOPPING SEVEN (7) percent.... Figure that math....

6nois
Username: 6nois

Post Number: 797
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had things turned out different, had that 57% been 50% the proposal would only have lost by .4%. That is a difference. I am not saying it should have happened, I am just saying.

However if I made money each time I hear from African Americans "Gay rights issues aren't the same as African American issues because you can't choose to be black, and you can't hide being black." That doesn't exactly warm my heart that the black community would be supportive of a gay city counsel member.

To say there isn't an issue between the two communities is foolish.

Foxyscholar

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I'm saying that it is wicked okey-dokey scapegoating to pin the defeat of Proposal 8 on the backs of Black (Christian) folk. .4 percent? Seriously?

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are backed up and jacked up....lol

Baselinepunk
Username: Baselinepunk

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"... wicked okey-dokey scapegoating ..."

That's a fucking great line!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't Charles Pugh feted and brought on the pulpit of The Shrine the night of KwameFest? Mara McDonald was kicked out but Charles was shown some love for his support of KK. Charles also attended the State of the City(the N word speech), not as a reporter but as a supporter.

Charles has been running for council for over a year. No secret there. I spoke with Charles at the first Recall Kwame Rally. The one in January of last year. The one where Adolph Mongo and Malik Shabbazz brought in all manner of thugs to shove around old ladies.

Well, Charles is watched the whole thing and acted disgusted by the pro-kwame stormtroopers; he told me how much Detroit needed new leadership and that the politics of old can't continue.

Turns out that as the scandal progressed Charles Pugh became a mouthpiece for the old leadership and somehow the politics of old started looking pretty good to Charles.

I've heard him say that he is a devotee of Aldoph Mongo and so there you have it.

Kwame defender, Aldolph devotee. jeeze.

Most folks like Charles when he's all smiley and laughing and kidding around. He's refreshing. The serious Charles is didactic and imperious.

So I think you can expect to see a bright and shiny Charles during the election and an imperious lord once he is elected.

His gay thing, I don't think is that big a deal.

The Shrine is going to support those who are support them and those who are electable. Electable and a Supporter.

That is why they are supporting Warren Cleage Evans. Electable and a Supporter.

Chuckles
Username: Chuckles

Post Number: 224
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the pay factor of a Channel 2 anchor news talker vs a City Council member...?

Purpleheart
Username: Purpleheart

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7MileDog [quote]"A vibrant gay community is a necessary element of the creative class."[unquote]

I thought that is Royal Oak's game?

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

What is the pay factor of a Channel 2 anchor news talker vs a City Council member...?

With or without "perks" ?

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 334
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, who knew putting being gay on your resume could get you any position you wanted. (pun intended)

There are already enough divas on the council. Last thing we need is another one adding to the cat fight.

Bobby08
Username: Bobby08

Post Number: 115
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to have a crush on him along time ago up until the day I ran into him @ Peir One and overheard him saying "This is my absolute favorite store"

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 887
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Pugh was in a tough spot regarding his support for Mr. Kilpatrick. Before the text message scandal broke, Mr. Kilpatrick had gone out of his way to support some of the non-profit work being promoted by Mr. Pugh. An atonement for earlier homophobic statements, or perhaps a sign of personal growth on Mr. Kilpatrick's part, who knows? In any event, Mr. Kilpatrick's outreach no doubt created a fair amount of loyalty on the part of Mr. Pugh. So when Mr. Kilpatrick got exposed as a philandering, manipulative, lying and crooked politician, Mr. Pugh had to make some choices that weren't that easy. Protection of the public interest should have prevailed over his loyalty though. If he bothers to attend any candidate forums, he'll have to answer for his support for Mr. Kilpatrick. He better come up with a good answer.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

There are already enough divas on the council. Last thing we need is another one adding to the cat fight.

Thank you. This man running for council would be more of the same that we all allegedly hate about the council we already have. If you listen to the morning show on 98 (which I can't do anymore), you'll see this guy is an enormous airhead.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 545
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, thanks for relating your experience of Charles Pugh. It's disappointing that he would become an apologist for the corrupt Kilpatrick administration. There's a time to stand up for what's right and take notice of the obvious. It sounds like Mr. Pugh fell short of that.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3074
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 1:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To hell with Pugh. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who was, or is, a Kilpatrick supporter can hippity-hop into one of Kwame's voluminous wardrobe cases and get the fuck out of town right along with their worthless hero.
And, this statement:
"A vibrant gay community is a necessary element of the creative class."
What a steaming pile of horseshit. The only necessary element of the creative "class" (it's a "class," now?) is creativity.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2332
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QRTQ_J1967g

This is a youtube video that runs 9 minutes. It's pretty long I know, but it gives you a little taste about the tension between the two groups. The entire protest lasted about 4 hrs. When a couple of fist fights broke out DPD moved in, shut off Woodward, and seperated the groups.

The guys that look like construction workers, were sent over from the Book-Cadillac. I spoke with a few of them and was told that their shop steward told them to go to City Hall and march. Most of them weren't dressed for the 5 degree weather.

Being there I can tell you that Team Kilpatrick with the Malik Shabazz thugs would lock arms and plow through the Recall ladies. A lot of shoving. A few punches. I took a few.

Charles was there and saw most of the event. You couldn't see what happened and draw any other conclusion than that there was evil afoot. Mr. Pugh would decide his best interests would be served by supporting The Felon.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1668
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 1:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pugh used to be a Kwamunist but being in the same space with him @ many events, you will see he has changed his tune.

For those stuck on the '05 Pugh bandwagon for Kwame, listen to what he has to say now and how he feels about certain things. I used to not like him for those same reasons, but people change and he seems to make better judgment calls with whom he supports.

(I am not affiliated with Pugh's campaign)

Docterry
Username: Docterry

Post Number: 153
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Viziondetroit - I was a big fan of Charles for a number of reasons until he became such an apologist. I was disappointed, to say the least. It *did* seem like he changed a bit later on, but I've not seen or heard any statements from him in that regard - do you know where I can find them?

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 561
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Charles Pugh was aligned with Kwame when he was mayor. And now that Kwame is a convicted felon and has been dethroned, and potentially faces federal corruption charges, Charles is no longer aligned with him. How very opportunistic of him.

Swingline
Username: Swingline

Post Number: 888
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Folks can maybe live with some '05 apologists for Mr. Kilpatrick. The former Mayor had begun his "turnaround" by 2005 and had successfully persuaded lots of people that he had grown and learned from his mistakes. Little did most folks know about his true disdain for the public trust, as well as the depths of the pay to play system that the U.S. Attorney is now exposing.

No, it's not the '05 apologists that are to be shunned, it's the '08 crowd that should be avoided like the plague. These unprincipled folks who could not wrest themselves from the Kilpatrick gravy train despite the obvious corruption mostly now view themselves (and the former Mayor) as victims. Any future involvement by them with city government will be focused on payback, not public service. Some might argue that Mr. Pugh is sympathetic to the '08 apologists. It's kind of unclear.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 337
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is funny, but oh soooooo wrong.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/ wiki/Charles_Pugh

He really ought to make somebody take this craziness down.

Zrx_doug
Username: Zrx_doug

Post Number: 773
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"To hell with Pugh. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who was, or is, a Kilpatrick supporter can hippity-hop into one of Kwame's voluminous wardrobe cases and get the fuck out of town right along with their worthless hero.
And, this statement:
"A vibrant gay community is a necessary element of the creative class."
What a steaming pile of horseshit. The only necessary element of the creative "class" (it's a "class," now?) is creativity.

Brilliant post! I think I love you a little bit, Ravine..
:-)

Kryptonite
Username: Kryptonite

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CP does not seem real bright but if I were still living in Detroit I would definitely vote for him. He seems to be positive, to have good intentions, and to have integrity which is something that cannot be said for about four people currently on Detroit's city council.

Robtruth
Username: Robtruth

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is tragic about Charles Pugh can only be discerned by listening to him on TV and comparing his diction, vocabulary, use of profanity, and other questionable manners of speech while he is talking to da 'hood on WJLB (James Lord Booth).

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1232
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The sad thing here is we have to watch more of Jay Tower. This guy is an idiot, reminds me of the frat boy, used car salesman with a microphone. I liked Charles Pugh, he was/is a huge booster for the city.

Classicyesfan

Post Number: 481
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thafuzz says "Wrong. First, Prop 8 did not pass by a decisive margin."

Wrong. Where in my post did I say it passed by a decisive margin? NOWHERE. I deScribed a decisive factor.

Thafuzz says: "Second, Christian African American support was not the decisive factor."

Wrong. According to some sources it was THE deciding factor. Ask Wanda Sykes about it.

Thafuzz says: "This bit of urban legend has done quite a lot of damage to relations between the GLBT and African American communities."

Wrong. Please, the relations were damaged long ago by people like "Christians" Angie and Debbie Winans, who in their album "Bold", condemn the gay lifestyle. A bit hypocritical considering the, ahem, lowdown Winans boys who shall not be named here. Can we spell "homophobia"? That damage occurred years ago, and remains festering and untreated. But we can say it's due to the "urban legend" if you want!

I mean really, we even have a star wannabe on "American Idol" named Mandisa dissing gays prompted by her church. I recall some faded disco singer, ah, what was her name?

Shall we go on? Do we really need to recount the sad history? Citing a decisive factor in the vote that marginalized gays back into second class unequal citizenship is hardly what "damaged relations". It's truly telling it like it is. The real damage has been the oppression and intolerance dished out by most churches upon gays for a very long time. Relations were damaged and remain so.

Vetal, you are right but this is a very uncomfortable and highly emotional topic best left to others. But I think it's time to shed some light on the hypocrites.

(Message edited by classicyesfan on February 11, 2009)

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Classicyesfan, get a grip :-) and just start a new non-detroit thread on the same-sex union topic. It could cover full civil union, same-sex marriage, federal versus states and local policies. The Defense of Marriage Act and the Federal Marriage Amendment.

Chuckles
Username: Chuckles

Post Number: 226
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kind of money do these guys make...Jay Towers is obnoxious at best...

Classicyesfan

Post Number: 482
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vetal,

I'm not sure I have the energy left to wage the war(s) those topics would trigger! Maybe if I was still in my 20's, hell, maybe if I still in my 40's! :-)

I am hardly able to deal with the skirmish I caused by pointing out that CP would be unwise to count on the traditional supporters. His best fit might be with trendy, liberal, suburbia.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be interesting to see how much ratings go down with Jay Towers taking over at Fox 2 Weekends. Everyone I know can't stand him.

Vetalalumni

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Understood Classicyesfan.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the bad part is that if Charles runs, Charles wins...

I've known about this for over a year and talked to him in depth about this...I tried to reason with him and suggest that he could do more good continuing what he is doing now...He will find out the hard way that this is more than a notion.

btw, I wouldn't vote for him...his understanding of government is weak.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.