Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » 24 Grille in the Book-Cadillac Hotel « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lugotown
Username: Lugotown

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

really enjoyed the food and ambiance. felt like i was out of town. the hotel is gorgeous. plan to be back for a business dinner. best to make a reservation if you can on a busy night. the higher chair seating is not very comfortable and are used for walk ins when there are no available tables. it's a more casual atmosphere than roast. range of attire, most people were in business casual. it was really busy while we were there.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 2:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When is the city going to fix the street lights along this side of Michigan where this restaurant now resides?

Drjeff
Username: Drjeff

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, when are any of the hundreds of non-working streetlights anywhere in the city going to be fixed? I was walking on Cass last night on the WSU campus and none of the lights were working. This is in an area with a lot of young people, which also has a fair amount of street robberies, and as a parent I would not be comfortable knowing my child was walking around in the dark on campus. It also reflects poorly on WSU. You'd think the higher ups at WSU would put some pressure on the city to get the dang things working.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 4:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

You'd think the higher ups at WSU would put some pressure on the city to get the dang things working.

Shouldn't take too long. The lights were out on that stretch a few months ago, and they were back on within a couple days.

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 942
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

really? we've gotten that bitchy around here where a positive restaurant review elicits complaining about public lighting within one post? and then that gets more responses than the restaurant? ouch.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am happy to see these new restaurants opening in the new hotels while so many other restaurants and stores downtown are closing. I am going to try and go to Roast next weekend with my wife.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.