Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Lights on Fort « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Heedus
Username: Heedus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know why the city hasn't done anything (like putting stop signs, traffic cops, etc.) by the lights on Fort downtown that have been out the past two days? I work on the seventh floor of a building near the Fort-Shelby intersection and heard a very loud traffic accident happen yesterday. I thought something like that would jolt the DPD into action, but apparently not.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3471
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miracle on Fort Street, Part II :-)

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 499
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Traffic lights out are to be regarded as a 4-way stop for all traffic...so technically I don't think they NEED to put out stop signs. Maybe one less idiot driver on the road now....

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buster, I wish more people unferstood this! Thereis a light out near my home, the intersection of Cass and Alexandrine. It has been out for about a week and I have seen or heard at least 4 accidents there.

The funny thing is the city came by and put caution tape around the busted control box...I guess it would be too difficult to just take an hour and fix the damn thing!

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The funny thing is the city came by and put caution tape around the busted control box...I guess it would be too difficult to just take an hour and fix the damn thing!

LOL. Reminds me of when there's a water main break, and half the street is under six inches of water, and DWSD shows up and puts a wooden barricade over it. Problem solved!

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 6525
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the future all traffic lights will vanish from the road. They will instead be incorporated into your vehicle, perhaps in a heads-up display reflected off the windshield.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitstar, intentionally or not, has used a word which is new to me, but I like it!
"Unferstood." Kind of a snappy little combination of "understood" and "inferred." Since those two words-- depending on usage-- have somewhat similar meanings, this newfangled hybrid really works!
So, everybody get ready: I'm going to be using that one.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 5:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! Thanks Ravine! I guess typing in traffic on 94 does not always equate to the best results!!

Ptero
Username: Ptero

Post Number: 191
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 7:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh you're one of THEM!

Busterwmu
Username: Busterwmu

Post Number: 500
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I drove a good chunk of Fort last night on my way to Mexicantown, and there were no problems with the traffic lights, but wow that is a dark street when none of the streetlights work! Or when they're just missing all together....

J_to_the_jeremy
Username: J_to_the_jeremy

Post Number: 177
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah they've been out along Fort pretty much since October, cause I've driven that stretch about once a week.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.