Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Miracle on Fort Street « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitpetanque
Username: Detroitpetanque

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was witness to a miracle this morning:

My car was almost on empty, so I pulled over to the Sunoco on Fort Street (and Morrell Street) - [just before the Ambassador Bridge] and started filling up my 13.2 gallon gas tank.

When the pump started reading 13 gallons, then 14 gallons, then 15 gallons - finally stopping on 15.5 gallons, I thought to myself... "the Lord has shown me a miracle... 15.5 gallons fit into a 13.2 gas tank" (and I'm sure there was about a gallon in there when I started pumping).

Unfortunately, I was running late and couldn't have words with the manager about this miracle.

BUT, it reminds me of all of the other wonderful miracles that may occur in Detroit...

Has anyone else been privy to these or similar events?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 3466
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's no miracle. Anybody can make money disappear. :-)

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 767
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might want to report your miracle to the Michigan Department of Agriculture

http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0, 1607,7-125-1566_1733_2347-8902 --,00.html

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Unfortunately, I was running late and couldn't have words with the manager about this miracle."

How late could you be? If it did indeed happen you could have saved yourself $4 and and possibly many other people some money if they're overcharging. In this tough economy most people don't have money they can throw away.

The problem with a thread like this is how does anyone know if this really happened. Not saying you're lying, but for all anyone knows you could be connected to the station at Clark and I-75. As a result this guy that owns that station is going to lose some money based on an anonymous post on the Internet.

Eric_c
Username: Eric_c

Post Number: 711
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Either that, or they'll be sure to count the gallons at that specific station.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3739
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

How late could you be? If it did indeed happen you could have saved yourself $4 and and possibly many other people some money if they're overcharging. In this tough economy most people don't have money they can throw away.

Maybe the $4 wasn't worth losing her job?

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2322
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you kept the reciept. IIRC there is a $500 bounty on turning in errant gas pumps.

A call to Channel 2,4,7 will get you some play. They love those, "Killer Gas Pumps" stories.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1207
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

the Sunoco on Fort Street (and Morrell Street) - [just before the Ambassador Bridge]

Is that station still crawling with burned-out, foaming-at-the-mouth psycho junkie whores? I had to catch a bus at that corner one time, and that gas station was populated by the sorriest-looking hookers I'd ever seen in my life. Who would pay for such a thing, I can't imagine. Even the bus driver, who probably sees more of that kind of thing than I do, made a comment to that effect as I was getting on the bus.
The really bizarre thing, of course, is that the Southwestern District police station is about 200 feet down Fort.

(Message edited by bearinabox on February 07, 2009)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5232
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call the state. They're the ones who enforce accuracy. 1-800-MDA-Fuel.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.