Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Legacy in Bronze: The Sculpture of Sergio De Giusti, Feb 15th « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2167
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 6:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Legacy in Bronze

The Sculpture of Sergio De Giusti

2:00 p.m., Sunday, February 15

The Gallery

4th Floor, Liberal Arts Building

Marygrove College

8425 West McNichols in Detroit

Free and open to the public

Legacy in Bronze is a 30-minute film that documents the work of Detroit artist/sculptor, Sergio De Giusti. The film follows De Giusti from concept to installation of the work Transcending, a collaboration with artist, David Barr, whose gleaming arc-like stainless steel sculpture complements De Giusti’s interpretation of historic labor events. Sergio De Giusti’s bronze reliefs are mounted on cut granite stones from Vermont. The reliefs encompass the symbolic circle of Transcending, representing the never-ending cycle of work, located in Hart Plaza, Detroit, Michigan.

Legacy in Bronze is co-produced by award-winning filmmakers, John Prusak and Kathryn Vander. DVD copies will be available for sale. Sergio De Guisti and John Prusak will discuss the film after the viewing, which will precede the opening reception of an exhibit, Apocalypse Recollected, curated by De Giusti.

Note: Sergio De Giusti taught Art History at Wayne State for many years. His sculptures are located throughout the area.

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 2792
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 7:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sergio is one of the artistic treasures of our community. He has mentored and influence many many young artists through the years, including me!

Kathleen

Post Number: 2170
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump!!

Django
Username: Django

Post Number: 2166
Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 2:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump!

Wish I could be there.

I was in awe while visiting his studio and the restoration work hes been doing.
I just love a good foundry.

Anyone ever seen Davids yard. I loved it.

Kathleen

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.