Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » The Dirty Show ! X Anniversary Starts Fri « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2309
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not quite the expert that ErieDearie is on this subject, but for anything in Detroit to last for 10 yrs is an accomplishment.

Anyone have any insights they'd like to share?

Dirty Show 10th Anniversary
International Erotic Art Exhibition
Bert's Warehouse Theater- Detroit

EXHIBITION SCHEDULE:

February 6, OPENING NIGHT
Friday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am

February 7,
Saturday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am

February 8,
Sunday DAYTIME Only - 12:00pm - 6:00pm

February 13,
Friday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am

February 14, Valentine's Closing Celebration
Saturday Evening - 7:00pm - 2:00am

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring Back the Tangent / Hastings Street Ballroom.

I can't stand Bert's or the people who run that place, deff won't be going.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3577
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why Gnome! Whatever are you talkin' about??

Gnome

Post Number: 2310
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E.D., My standard joke about your previous employer... :o)

--

I started this thread because there is a lurker friend of mine who will be showing at the event.

She is interested in what people have to say.

Moreover, this is her first trip to town and is interested in learning more about Detroit.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 3578
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I figured it had something to do with that! It sure me laugh when it was one of the first things I clicked on this morning! You're such a teaser!

Gnome

Post Number: 2312
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump

Someone must have some experience with past shows. Maybe you have a "friend" who went..?.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been. It's fun and interesting. I haven't been to any at Bert's though.

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 84
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This will be my third year!

Lots of interesting things to see. :-)

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3650
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.dirtyshow.org/

:-)

Sumas
Username: Sumas

Post Number: 667
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are going. Got my tickets already. It is interesting. Went last year. Refreshments cost an arm and a leg though. They had valet parking for people fearful of Detroit. Last year we parked 1/2 block away and walked over.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's the commercial for Dirty Show 10. NSFW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nqOYR71Z-g8&eurl=http://bulle tins.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus eaction=bulletin.read&authorID =5386819&messageID=6326326816& MyToken=&feature=player_embedd ed

Fnemecek
Username: Fnemecek

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I started this thread because there is a lurker friend of mine who will be showing at the event.

She is interested in what people have to say.

Since you specifically asked for an opinion, I'll give you an honest one. I was there 3 years ago and haven't had ANY desire to go back.

The "art" ranges from mediocre and uninspired to downright boring. I'm sorry, but the simple act of putting a penis or vagina into a painting, sculpture or photograph does not make it a piece of art any more than inserting a potato does. A boring painting of a penis is still a boring painting.

The on-stage entertainment was okay, but only okay. I've heard that it's gotten better in the past couple of years. However, I simply haven't had a desire to check it out.

The Dirty Show's saving grace - and the only reason to even consider attending, in my opinion - is the crowd. Dirty Show is quite possibly the best people watching experience in the Midwest.

I'm just not motivated to pay $15 for some people watching.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.