Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Colony Club? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 271
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anybody tell me the history of this restaurant that's on Park Avenue in Detroit?
I saw their ad in a magazine, and it looks like a very elaborate dining/wedding reception-type venue-much in the same era as the Book Cadillac

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7653
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.colonyclubdetroit.c om/

Swiburn
Username: Swiburn

Post Number: 272
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Jams! this is one building that's escaped my study of Detroit.

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 871
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Help. The Colony Club became what? Maybe it became the Clover Club? The Club Eros? I'm trying to remember the place.

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been watching the oft repeated late night commercials for Club Eros with cartoon emporer/senator and his consort. They are almost always the best gentlema's clubs, or genteelmen's.

I'd bet the refernced Club Eros is farther south near Cass Park and the home of Kiwanis International. The street not the Kiwanis building.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.