Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Video of Kilpatrick leaving for Dallas in chartered jet « Previous Next »
Archive through February 04, 2009Kenp30 02-04-09  3:13 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 900
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, let us be kind to Blksoul_x. He has been trained in the ways of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, so it will take awhile, but he can be freed from Black Racist bondage.

Blksoul_x, do you realize that slavery originated in Africa? Do you know that slavery still exists in Africa? Did you know that most slaves who came to "AmeriKKKa" were captured and sold by Black Africans?

Did you know that there have been free black people in "AmeriKKKa" since its beginning? Are you aware that blacks fought in the Revolutionary War and every "AmeriKKKan" war thereafter?

Are you aware that many "basic" white people have fought for the end of slavery and for the rights of black people? Are you aware of how many white Union mothers and fathers lost their "basic" white sons during the Civil War? Have you neglected to consider all the "basic" white people who fought for Civil Rights in the 60s?

The battle is no longer between black and white. It is between those who are color-blind and those who still see everything with racial overtones.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 371
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He sure is living the high life.

It seems that KK doesn't need 5 years to pay up. I'll bet he could write a check for the full amount this afternoon.

Oh and, obviously 1 million in restitution was too low. Clearly he could afford to pay back more than that.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 458
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still waiting for a definition of "basic white person".

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 372
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll define it for you.

It is a derogatory term used by Blksoul_x to describe Caucasians.

It is also used as a form of entertainment. I suspect Blksoul_x takes great delight in seeing half the posters on this board get their panties in a bunch everytime he uses it.

Southwestmap
Username: Southwestmap

Post Number: 922
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Kwame gets out of jail:
1. Has a full squad of goons protecting him.
2. Gets on a $30,000 private flight to Texas.
3. Moves into a house in the Dallas suburbs, called, "the most affluent neighborhood in the country"-(Forbes).
4. Has one of the "best" lawyers in the country starting to represent him.
5. Owes the city 1M.

All this after not having a job for 3 months.
This guy is amazing."

He is the major beneficiary of the Ferguson Trust Fund.

Retroit

Post Number: 906
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A "basic white person" is a white person that doesn't have a "deluxe package".

(Message edited by Retroit on February 04, 2009)

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 735
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The SE model?

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 79
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not like those basic jewish white people, with the convertible coupe model.

Retroit

Post Number: 911
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of us are Limited.

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How touching that Kwame was "spiritually called" to live in the lap of luxury and fly around on private jets. Synagro should have hauled his sorry ass down there with the rest of the sludge. And this "job interview" ??? What a load. If the "job" wasn't a done deal months ago, his wife and kids would not have already moved down there. Thank you Texas for taking this slimebag off our hands.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3648
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WXYZ 7 ,reported that CCK payed for the $30,000 flight on the Lear Jet, even though her estimated net worth is as little as $100,000. Of course, she has almost $250,000 in her re-election fund. Using any of that, for the flight, would be illegal.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5214
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can CCK be worth only $100K when her annual Congressional pay is $169,300?

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and now he wants to sue the citizens of Wayne County for his conviction...I will pray for ya'll...

but the fact that he leaves the city that he helped to make 'great' is the true indicator.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm an acidic white person.

Ragtoplover59
Username: Ragtoplover59

Post Number: 512
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retroit,
Good post on #900

Blksoul_x
I bumped the 'Why' thread up, you made some statements there and then never came back to answer the replies? Why do you do that any way?

I'm not giving up on you Brother!
I really think you can be saved from this mindset that you have enslaved yourself in!

But to come to a thread,

Drop your enlightened thoughts on the matter,
and then hide away until another thread provides you the opportunity to do it all over again.

Is Cowardly and not deserving of the respect you seek for yourself!

A lot of issues can be solved if people just talk!
But the Hit & Run tactic is being waisted on us?

Please read Retroit's post 900, and tell me how you and I are any different?

Things that have happened and still do happen are all around us, But we are the here and now! and that (to steal your tag line) is what we have been waiting for!

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 594
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CCK paid what? Ok, let me get this straight she paid 30,000 just for a one way trip? This in itself should open up a whole new can of worms.

Retroit

Post Number: 913
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Too many crackers, Bearinbox.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3651
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

CCK paid what? Ok, let me get this straight she paid 30,000 just for a one way trip?

They reported for a round trip. Unfortunately he's coming back.
And, I don't think a Lear Jet from Kalitta Flying, will sit down there in Dallas waiting for him to do a couple of nooners and a job interview.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 442
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Retroit proudly stated...
quote:

Blksoul_x, do you realize that slavery originated in Africa? Do you know that slavery still exists in Africa? Did you know that most slaves who came to "AmeriKKKa" were captured and sold by Black Africans?

Did you know that there have been free black people in "AmeriKKKa" since its beginning? Are you aware that blacks fought in the Revolutionary War and every "AmeriKKKan" war thereafter?

Seriously Retroit, if you think that the activity of ancient African slavery and modern slavery is the Major impediment surrounding derogatory and dehumanizing pejoratives between the modern world and Black people across the globe, then you may be part of the problem.

Then too, like most basic white people', who morally uses your simple analogy to justify their insulting racial attitudes toward Black Africans__if it will help ya'll sleep better at night, then YES, Black Africans enslaved their Tribal offenders! But again, African servitude, and modern 'slavery', has little to do with Black suffering and injustices that currently surrounds the globe.

African 'slavery', in its fundamental origin, pre-euro-concept (essentially tribal servitude), is only a small portion of the problem in terms of amerikkkas' on-going effort to control the planet.

What I'm talking about is the european modern conception of race and racism. Race is a form of stored wealth and power. In that sense, 'whiteness' which most whites in one form or another has benefited from being white, has a monetary value. So then racism, supports and substains the wealth and power of the dominant order.

'Slavery' in terms of the basic-white belief, is often talked about only in social and moral terms. They don't like to suggest that race and the incentive of wealth under-girded the slave system. Thus putting them in control of attitudes and beliefs throughout the Black diaspora. White is at the top and Black is at the bottom in terms of oridinary living.

Bottom line, the concept of Race, not 'slavery', established superiority and white-skin-privilege, and all that is attached to it on the basis of who controlled the wealth, power, and resources during the time of the slave system. Wealth power and privilege indirectly became the premise of prerogatives within the amerikkkan' experience, as it relates to the Black experience.

Seperately, you have to admire the proud pat-on-the-back respond that, 'basic white people' had a hand in helping in 'our' struggles and the uplifting of 'our' existence ,and should not be morally responsible for the racial sins of their ancestors.

However, what they will not admit is that they are the beneficiaries of their racist ancestors and that they still enjoy the inherited and institutional advantages and privileges of 'slavery' and the conception of race__go figure!

blksoul_atcha!
We are the ones we have been waiting for.

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

B/X: This basic white person enjoys reading your rants. Takes me back. Your contributions bring memories of reading the Black Panther newspaper on the bus, back in the day, and bring both a smile and a frown.
The smile is from the memory of lost youth, and the belief that revolution was in the air. The walls were soon to come down, and the victims would soon take their place at the top.
The frown soon kicks in, though, because of the sad realization that nothing much has been accomplished. Too much polarization. The destruction of a great city has brought many down, but few up.
"Us" vs "Them" does not work.

Retroit

Post Number: 928
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blacksoul_x, it is true that basic white Europeans were more wealthy than their deluxe black African counterparts, but this has nothing to do with race or racism. This has to do with the fact that Europe had advantages that helped it develop systems, which benefited it financially. Africa has never achieved economic equality with Europe, but this is not the fault of Europeans or racism; it is the fault of Africans, or more accurately, the circumstances they found themselves in. Africa was financially poor prior to the existence of the first European racist.

In amerikkka, the reason that basic whites are more wealthy than deluxe blacks is not because of race or racism. It is because many blacks have not recovered from the patterns of poverty that go back to their ancestors’ days of slavery. Slavery itself was not so much a matter of racism, either; it was a matter of economics: slaves are cheaper than employees.

So how to we solve this current economic disparity?

Step 1. Realize that our past has passed. Whites today do not benefit from the fact that during the slave era, whites had benefits over blacks. White people today have to make a living for themselves. There is no “slave-master endowment fund” which whites receive a monthly stipend from. In fact, most ancestors of white Americans came here after slavery ended, and they came here poor.

Step 2. Learn to forgive. Specifically, learn to forgive some of the ancestors of some of the white Americans who actually were slave owners. Don’t assume that every white person you meet had an ancestor that beat up your ancestor. And even if they did, is it fair to hold them accountable? Are sins passed from one generation to another for eternity?

Step 3. Realize that most people, black or white, are not racists, and most people are not stuck on their race. Those few that are are only so out of fear and ignorance. Anyone who believes that skin color has anything to do with a persons worth or abilities is fooling their self. Skin color is as important as hair color or eye color, i.e. it’s not important.

Step 4. Quit trying to explain everything about human behavior in terms of race and racism. If you, yourself, can not move beyond it, then please, keep your racist attitude to yourself so that the rest of us can live racism-free and raise our children in a world where race is not an issue.

Retroit_atcha!
I am the one blksoul_x has been waiting for.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 596
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"In amerikkka, the reason that basic whites are more wealthy than deluxe blacks is not because of race or racism. It is because many blacks have not recovered from the patterns of poverty that go back to their ancestors’ days of slavery. Slavery itself was not so much a matter of racism, either; it was a matter of economics: slaves are cheaper than employees."

Are you serious?

The REAL reason white people are more wealthy in America is because of REAL economic racism. Slavery itself has been around since the begining of time. The difference is America created Laws to keep blacks from owning anything that could bring them wealth equal to white america. In Detroit and every other city in america to this day it still rings true. It has pitted whites against blacks for a long time now. How can you forgive something that is still going on to this day? You can't. Retroit there are companies who have profitted well off of slavery and still do to this day, it's just slavery in a new form.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5221
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, it's hard to keep making that argument when so many better off blacks keep moving out of the city.

Retroit

Post Number: 936
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Economic Racism"? I'm not familiar with this. Can a poor white person be "economically racist" against a rich black person?

Brownfieldguy
Username: Brownfieldguy

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would really call this a hijacked forum topic. It started with a link to a plane flight video showing an idiot being treated like royalty.

Let me just say that if he landed in Texas and someone exercised his second amendment (i.e., high powered rifle) rights I would lose no sleep. Save the feds money on a trial for "A."

Savannah
Username: Savannah

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finally figured it out! Blksoul and Retroit are the same guy! Retroit uses this idiot character "Blksoul" as a ventriloquist dummy to show these ourageously stupid points of view that no one with an IQ above a houseplant would even believe. I finally got it! Good one Retroit!

Rid0617
Username: Rid0617

Post Number: 387
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"However, what they will not admit is that they are the beneficiaries of their racist ancestors and that they still enjoy the inherited and institutional advantages and privileges of 'slavery'"

Hmmm since I'm from the north, am low income and on food stamps apparently I got left out.

Atwater
Username: Atwater

Post Number: 369
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only, Savannah. Blksoul_x and Retroit are not the same person. Unfortunately, Blksoul_x is real and serious, and, as can be seen by all, a huge racist.

Crash_nyc
Username: Crash_nyc

Post Number: 387
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 5:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone else find it ironic that the man who said to the citizens of Detroit: "I would never quit on you", and hailed himself as a champion of the Black community and the impoverished of Detroit, just flew away on a private jet to live in a wealthy white suburb in Texas?

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 419
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 7:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, good point, Crash, I was thinking the same thing. His new community is reported to be about 12% african american, which is about equivalent to the suburbs that he railed against for his entire 6 years in office.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.