Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » I feel so bad for Mirabelle Cannon « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Cocoabee
Username: Cocoabee

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =hHr2mLQZUtU

I was reading the posts from the "hey my house is gone" thread...and saw this Fox news clip of Mirabelle Cannon, whose house was shot at last August. I cant believe she was living in that dangerous neighborhood. Does anyone know her? is she alright? such a tragic situation. The address number is 761 I wonder what street it is. It's kind of nutty of her to be living there. I wonder if they moved her to a safer housing arrangment. Does anyone know her? relatives?

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's one of about 800,000 who are living in a "dangerous neighborhood." I wouldn't worry about it too much; she'll get used to it.

Cocoabee

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i was playing this video loudly on my laptop and my friend who is a cop was sitting on the other side of the room and heard only the audio. He thought it was a prank 911 call and started laughing. Sounds alot like the "help ive fallen and I cant get up" lady. All kidding aside though, I really do feel very bad for her. She probably doesnt have any family. I almost feel like taking her in. Perhaps shed like BE better for what thats worth.

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I cant believe she was living in that dangerous neighborhood.

Were you not aware that people sometimes live in dangerous neighborhoods?

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe if someone bought her a nice manhole cover, she'd feel better about being forced to live in the dangerous part of town?

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's one of about 800,000 who are living in a "dangerous neighborhood.

------------------------------ --------------------

Nothing like a little bit of an overstatment, since thats about the whole population of Detroit.

Get real.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 872
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's one of about 700,000 who are living in a "dangerous neighborhood".

Big deal.

Cocoabee

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder why she stayed so long? although im assuming she's lived in her home for a lengthy time. It'ts probably not like the neighborhood deteriorated to that state in a week. Its just shocking. Does anyone else feel this way?

Maof2
Username: Maof2

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes, i do cocoabe, it's very sad. some people from the "older" generation just want to stay put.

220hendrie1910
Username: 220hendrie1910

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found the address of Mrs. Chanin's house, in case anyone wants to help her out (presuming she's still there). She's in the phone book. - Ross in Ottawa

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I feel so bad for anyone who thinks this is newsworthy.

Johnnny5
Username: Johnnny5

Post Number: 703
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I feel so bad for anyone who thinks this is newsworthy."

I agree. The everyday struggles of people living in Detroit is not deserving of any media attention. Why waste the airtime when we all just want to know what they're serving for breakfast on Kwame's chartered jet.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.