Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Conyers Creates Corruption Feedback Loop Paradox « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9308
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090203/NEWS01/90203043/Conyer s+wants+city+to+sue+Synagro+fo r+bribes

By suing a company she [may have] accepted bribes from for bribing her, Conyers has unwittingly invited the destruction of the time space continuum.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Universe will probably implode.

Hamtramike
Username: Hamtramike

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Conyers, a potential target of the probe, said she read about a case in Africa where a company was sued for bribing city officials."

I wonder if she read it when doing all that book learnin in law school or if this is the result of her fact finding missions abroad.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny, she thought of this only AFTER she was caught.

Conyers needs to ensure her re-election. I suggest she plays the Race Card.

Detbest
Username: Detbest

Post Number: 87
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon Retroit, your comment shows just how little you know about Mrs. Conyers and Detroit politics.

Everyone knows she should wait until AFTER she's indicted and/or arrested to play the Race Card. That is when it will have maximum impact on her re-election efforts.

Tetsua
Username: Tetsua

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Everyone knows she should wait until AFTER she's indicted and/or arrested to play the Race Card. That is when it will have maximum impact on her re-election efforts."

That is correct

Angry_dad
Username: Angry_dad

Post Number: 300
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there any chance that Monica will give a speech tonight?

We've already got Jenny and the State of the State.

Monica and the State of Insanity.

Mackenzie68
Username: Mackenzie68

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

L Brooks is also speaking, according to WWJ-AM.

It all sounds like altered states to me.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What the f***? Can you believe this woman?

The freak show continues...

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 3235
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suing the same folks she gets bribes from, that's like instant coffee in a microwave.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 3640
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey :-(

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4078
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's obviously trying to gum everything up and create confusion/chaos. If she's going to go down, she's going to try and take Synagro, and the rest of those on the council involved, with her.

And, you better believe that her husband or his people have been laying out her options for her for months, now. She may be dumb, but she's got help. Johnny's not going to let his girl go without a fight; that's for sure. I'm not convinced that this is a "has she lost her damned mind?" move so much as it may be a move of controlled demolition.

(Message edited by lmichigan on February 03, 2009)

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 538
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe she didn't get all the money she bargained for her vote and you know that ain't right.

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 732
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the wasted money. Wasted upon waste.

Very witty thread conception Johnlodge. That woman is abysmal.

Rjlj
Username: Rjlj

Post Number: 763
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She has been consulting her lawyer so she knows what groundwork she needs to start laying down until the feds come up with enough evidence to press charges. It is all part of the defense.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4082
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, she's figuring that she can launch an offense to make them (Synagro) react, and perhaps disorient them, before the Feds lower the hammer all of the way. Because, at the end of the day, no matter how guilty Conyers may turn out to be, it's become obvious that Synagro is a shady business, itself. You better believe the councils and governments of cities all across the country are now also looking into their own contracts with Synagro, as well.

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 655
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will this be on one of those "dumb criminal" shows? I love those!

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 697
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HAH! Eastside, that made my night!

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 885
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detbest: "Everyone knows she should wait until AFTER she's indicted and/or arrested to play the Race Card. That is when it will have maximum impact on her re-election efforts."

Oh, sorry, I thought that was when you play the "I've Got Religion" Card.

As you can see, I wouldn't make a good Detroit politician.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 539
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The phrase that comes to mind is "I'm not perfect, I'm forgiven".

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sam Riddle was on WJR last week sing the same song, blaming Synagro for creating an atmosphere that enables politicians to become crooked.

For a guy who was professing his innocence that was an odd twist.

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What, you want the craziness factor this high for your entertainment, AND for it to make sense to you too?

Just ask for a pony while you're at it.

Denbytar64
Username: Denbytar64

Post Number: 124
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember Detroit, you are never alone with a Schizophrenic! You have witnessed it by her rants and raves.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when I read this article I was like 'huh'

oh, btw - I'm back DY! (just on the board- not physically)

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 9328
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! Welcome back!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.