Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Helicopters « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gianni
Username: Gianni

Post Number: 213
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's up with the big ass helicopters hovering over Gratiot/Lafayette Park area right now? They are not going away.

Are the Canadians invading? Is the repression coming? Or is it just a test? If this were a real emergency . . .

Seriously, any idea what this is about? It is keeping my family up and tomorrow is the school spelling bee!

BTW anyone remember the air raid sirens every Saturday afternoon at 1pm?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5650
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe something to do with Kwame being released at midnight?

Jgavrile
Username: Jgavrile

Post Number: 222
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The air raid sirens still go off at 1:00 on Saturdays

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 451
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The siren tests are done locally at 1:00 PM, first Saturday of the month, last I heard.
If the helicopters had Nation Of Islam tags, they were accompanying their new pal from jail.

Bagman
Username: Bagman

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw the little bow-ties on the tail, BOBL, you were right, they were there for Bro. Kwame.

My question is, when this city fills back up, and the news stations find the need for them again, what will you folks do when there are 4 or 5 News choppers flying around at all hours of the day and night, and don't forget DPD would have their birds back in the air.

But being the small town we've become those items have disappeared along with most budgets, but at 40 I could live long enough to see the city go from the 800,000+ we are now to the 1.5+ million that were here the day I was born.

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 314
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon down, Jcole. You're a winner.

This from annoyed neighbor Bill Shea of Crain's on his For Immediate Release blog:
quote:

I didn't realize until getting out of bed and looking online what the chopper was doing up there. Our building is on the edge of Lafayette Park, within sight of the Wayne County jail ... where disgraced ex-mayor and soon-to-be Texas resident Kwame Kilpatrick is about to be released from jail.

Channel 7's Cheryl Chodun is on live right now, reporting about the media reporting on Kwame's pending release. . . . Diana Lewis assures us this is NOT a media frenzy tonight. And I'm not even making that up. I'm not sure what then qualifies as a frenzy in Detroit.

See the depths of absurdity KK has driven us to?

The chopper is back. It's circling. It's like "Apocalypse Now" without the Wagner and surfing.

UPDATE: He's out and on the loose.

Cheryl Chodun is elbowing people out of the way on camera, which is pretty cool. Some of what I'm guessing are Kilpatrick's henchmen are pushing Channel 7's team back.

For the sharpest line of all, click on the link and scroll to the kicker about his beard.

Dare ya' not to grin at a reporter's take-this question.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3664
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's Livonia conducting a covert reconnaissance mission, since we're so jealous of your parks.

Tkierpiec
Username: Tkierpiec

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fell asleep early last night with my television on - I woke up around midnight and couldn't believe channel 7's coverage of Kwame's release. It was ridiculous. At one point, it appeared that perhaps Kwame's nation of islam "guards" ripped apart the video camera connection - at any rate, somebody did that and for a few minutes there was no "man on the street" coverage. LOL! I felt kind of embarassed for the people involved in reporting this "major event". One of the more asinine things was how the reporter kept making remarks about Kwame's "dramatic" change of appearance. Yeah, like a beard and the loss of 20 odd pounds is dramatic.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.