Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Steve Wilson and Bernard Kilpatrick « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gplimpton
Username: Gplimpton

Post Number: 286
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like a sneak peak of the FBI probe.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story /WILSON-INVESTIGATION-Pay-to-P lay-Lawsuit/YCXi9rr99kCUhm-voL OCJg.cspx

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let me get this straight. This company is suing the city for not busting them for bribery?

Gplimpton

Post Number: 287
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That seems to be their claim.

It's interesting how not-very-subtle Team Kilpatrick was about these things, according to the claims.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By Bernard Kilpatrick, I take it you mean Relative of City Official A?

Gplimpton

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're not saying they're the same guy, are ya? lol.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4049
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It kind of reminds me of the gall Synagro displayed, today, in saying that it would not sue the city for cancelling the contract, when it's obvious that Synagro should be happy those involved in the probe don't absolutely break their company.

There are no innocents in these pay-for-plays, no a one.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5197
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No surprise - Bernard blames it on those looking to 'destroy black leadership'

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story /EXCLUSIVE-Bernard-Kilpatrick- Interview/Hnsby4dmJEmvVCyeoFiF -w.cspx

Switchmanjim
Username: Switchmanjim

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 2:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Who? Me?" Yes YOU! LOL

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 879
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn,t say it was to "destroy Black leadership" just allegedly corrupt leadership all around.In my opinion it was some white crook dealing with Kwame, Kwame who really dissapointed the Reddog.May KWAME go to Texas and stay there.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5198
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the sounds of it Kwame and his daddy might be going to Federal lockup and according to the law professor Gaddis talked to the other morning Federal sentences will be waaaaay longer than the slap KK got for his fibbing. Plus, there won't be any special treatment there - low security place but in with the general population and having to deal with mouthy guards and being told what to do.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 8:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If that's Black Leadership, God help us all. I like Obama's much better.

Hornist9
Username: Hornist9

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bernie's gonna play the race card express all the way to the federal pen in Milan!

He talks about the Kilpatrick family serving the community for over thirty years...Look around the City of Detroit with all of the corruption, destruction and white flight, no flight by anyone that has a lick of sense to get out of a cesspool of shit. That kind of "leadership" is what the City of Detroit needs like one needs a boil on their ass. It will good the day the old man goes to jail, AND if Kwame manages to keep his ass out of Federal custody, and he moves to Texas. We can then sing, Thank God and Greyhound, They're gone.

Maxdetroit
Username: Maxdetroit

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Hornist9 said.

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 753
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve Wilson is relentless and a hero to many.

Dshanks
Username: Dshanks

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really wish everyone here would be more careful about what they say about the Kilpatrick family. Those who display disrespect during this period of exile will be dealt with most harshly upon return to power. C'mon people, smarten up. Just because you can't see The Machine doesn't mean it's not there.

Jmil
Username: Jmil

Post Number: 324
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL

Dshanks

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can LOL all you want. I'm serious as a heart attack. God help anyone who thinks they can say anything they want because the Mayor is not presently in office. Puhleese. Examples will be made of those who were irreverent during the incarceration.

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will say whatever I please.

ThugBoy and his relatives will not be returning to power. They may speak of such charges as some sort of hunt; but their time is over. They know what they face--many years in prison.

After the Feds, the IRS will be stepping into the picture.

Baselinepunk
Username: Baselinepunk

Post Number: 75
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I really wish everyone here would be more careful about what they say about the Kilpatrick family. Those who display disrespect during this period of exile will be dealt with most harshly upon return to power. C'mon people, smarten up. Just because you can't see The Machine doesn't mean it's not there."

I vote this post as "Most Moronic Post of the Year".

Yes, I know it's only 1/31/09.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3654
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dshanks:

Are you suggesting the Kilpatricks would abuse the power of their elected office in order to retaliate against political opponents? Who'da thought?

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1394
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The person is trying to intimidate posters with threats of a Kilpatrick "Machine". Thinly-veiled threats of a coming period of retribution to those who speak their minds freely mean nothing. This is a sorry way of attempting to attribute power to a group of individuals who have lost much power and money in the past months.

I would remind you, Dshanks, some posters' identities may be known, yet what posters do for a living may not. Be smart, end the threats.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 857
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heil Kwame!
Heil Kwame!
Heil Kwame!

Dshanks

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you vote for him, many good things will happen. If you don't, he will crush you."

-Borat

I thought sarcasm was appreciated here.

Lodgedodger

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it SOUNDED as if it were a threat.

;-)

Sorry about that, Dshanks.

*hug*

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 730
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dshanks-

puhlease use sarcasm font next time.

Baselinepunk
Username: Baselinepunk

Post Number: 78
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No shit!

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 264
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't ever forget, that guy was elected twice. There's still idiots out there who support him. If he's able to run again in a general election I wouldn't be suprised if he won again.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4064
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm often cynical of Detroiter's, myself, but if Kilpatrick is ever elected mayor of Detroit, again, I'll eat my hat. Hell, I'll eat a whole rack of them. I think believing Detroiters would elect him, again, after all of this (and all that keeps coming out) is overly cynical. Please remember, the worst thing he was accused of in his re-election bid was the rumored mansion party and living too highly and fastly. He's now been firmly convicted of being an absolutely pathological liar and crook. Detroiters would not elect that again, I feel very comfortable in saying.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6082
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed Lmichigan... after all he just barely squeeked by with 52% during his 2nd election.

Chrissy_snow
Username: Chrissy_snow

Post Number: 410
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lmichigan, there was actually a woman interviewed (thankfully, briefly) on the news the other night, who did say that if she could, she WOULD elect Kwame again. I know she's only one, but if she thinks this way, whose to say that others don't also? I was very shocked to here it come out of her mouth.

They are talking about it in the comments section at John Bennett's blog. A lot of people saw it and we were all shocked!

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 439
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G: He got 52% of the votes that were counted.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6085
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL... thanks Bobl... I forgot we had Jackie Currie still in office as City Clerk at that time... And who knows how many of those 52% were alive?? :-)

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2314
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a related development:

quote:

Federal prosecutors can use incriminating statements a Highland Park homeless shelter owner and his controller made in a tax-evasion case, a federal appeals court ruled Wednesday.

A three-member panel of the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati said IRS agents who were conducting a civil investigation may have been negligent in failing to refer the case to the agency's criminal division once they suspected Jon Rutherford and Judith Bugaiski of violating tax laws. But, the panel said, there was no evidence agents deliberately disregarded rules and misled the pair into making incriminating statements.

http://www.freep.com/article/2 0090205/NEWS06/902050435

For those who don't know Jon Rutherford and Bernard Kilpatrick are old business cronies.
quote:

The Rutherford company, which paid more than $100,000 to Kilpatrick's firm, was formed by Rutherford, former city planning and development director Henry Hagood, and two others, according to court records.

Hagood, who left the company before Bernard Kilpatrick was hired, was identified in a 2006 city audit as having sold city-owned property to longtime friends. In many cases, Hagood first sold the properties to companies headed by Detroit businessman Rayford Jackson, the city audit says.

http://www.detroitnews.com/app s/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200807 03/METRO/807030392

Keep in mind that until last year BK was Chairman of the Wayne County Mental Health Board until he was forced to resign.

From an article that is no longer on-line
quote:

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Bernard Kilpatrick resigns from mental-health board
George Hunter / The Detroit News
DETROIT -- Bernard Kilpatrick, father of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, has resigned his post on the Detroit-Wayne County Community Mental Health Agency board.

Bernard Kilpatrick made the announcement at Wednesday's board meeting, spokeswoman Teresa Blossom said. He could not be reached for comment.

"He indicated he was retiring and looking forward to playing more golf," Blossom said.

Kwame Kilpatrick appointed his father to the agency in April 2003. The elder Kilpatrick was voted chairman of in 2004. Normally, the chairman position is held for one year only, but Kilpatrick held on to the post because each year's vote was split 6-6, Blossom said.

To sum up, BK can't be too happy that one of his cronies is facing some Federal Tax Time. Jon Rutherford of Metro Emergency Services Inc., just got some encouragement to start flipping on his old pal.

Downtown_lady
Username: Downtown_lady

Post Number: 556
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^ And Rayford Jackson's name pops up again too. Very interesting.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.