Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Man jumps to death at downtown Detroit building « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My sister saw the body from her office ...freaked her out

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20090129/M ETRO/901290448/&imw=Y

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1646
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe he knew a little something about a body encased in ice at a burned-out warehouse...

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rhymeswith, have have you been speaking with Mr. Leonard?

Ongowwah
Username: Ongowwah

Post Number: 197
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe that was "friend of Council person "A". that jumped!

Staticstate
Username: Staticstate

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

must have been some urban explorer or hockey player

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5195
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

or a transplanted New Yorker - they do that a lot

Navi
Username: Navi

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The important thing here is whether or not the people at Campus Martinus stopped skating.

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3650
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

been a while since we've had one of these

usually when you die prematurely in Detroit, it's at the hands of somebody else

Realitycheck
Username: Realitycheck

Post Number: 303
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, cut it out.

I enjoy cracking wise (or trying to) here as much as the next time-waster, but really now . . .

Can't y'all leave some things out of bounds? Or would that be too, y'know, adult-like?

Guy died. He was someone's son, maybe brother, maybe husband, maybe dad.

Let's not yuk it up over THAT, OK?

Ron
Username: Ron

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I knew Tim pretty well. He was a great guy who had some very difficult struggles recently. Best neighbor anyone could ask for.

Hearing about this today deeply saddened me. It truly makes you appreciate what you have, and makes you realize that your struggles likely do not compare to what others are dealing with. Remember, you cannot judge another man until you have walked in his shoes.

Please, we are much better than this. A show of respect is much more appropriate.

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim? Have the police revealed his identity?

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1656
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry to hear of your loss, Ron. Do you know if it was definitely suicide? : /

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4046
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is Ron a reporter? Ok, then.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Lmich, but he says, "I knew Tim pretty well." That would lead one to believe that he might know.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4048
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps, I'm reading the tone incorrecting, then. I thought Mike was chiding him. Am I wrong?

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3687
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't someone jump/fall from the Millender Center several years back? I think it was during the fireworks.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 731
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok... to recap the week so far we have:

2 deaths by freezing (1 in an electricless home, the other in an abandoned warehouse)

1 death by jumping from building

now all we need is a drowning, someone getting shot (not hard), a fire (about due), and last but not least, someone getting run over by a truck. Bonus points for a bridge jumper.

stellar week so far.....

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5196
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was another lonely death in Sumpter Twp. - guy found sitting in his truck, snow covered - possible heart attack or other, dead probably two weeks. His dogs starved to death in the meantime. Scrappers looking for metal found him.

http://www.mlive.com/annarbor/ stories/index.ssf?/base/news-3 1/1233243671179280.xml&coll=2

Tkshreve
Username: Tkshreve

Post Number: 727
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best thread ever.

RIP

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 606
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As this economy continues to go into the tank expect to see LOTS more of this.

Amgasper01
Username: Amgasper01

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am embarassed to have read this forum today. I can't wait for the weather to get better so you all can get some fresh air and hopefully discuss topics such as this and the Roosevelt Warehouse situation more appropriately.

Detmi7mile
Username: Detmi7mile

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats crazy just a couple of days ago I remembered that story of the guy jumping from the Cadillac Tower around '95

Realitycheck

Post Number: 306
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 8:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

embarassed to have read this forum today

Me too, Amgasper.

In fact, would be appropriate for Lowell to archive this thread promptly.

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 429
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Buck up mates, we still have a long voyage ahead of us.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 4438
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe our ecomony is in shambles caused that man lost his job and about to lose his apt. complex. Rather than cope with the loss, he jumped and gone to hell.

After thousands fo American jobs dissapear overnights most people would commit suicide than to look for a miracle for Jesus Christ.

Whatever that man's life from the job situation, accidental problems to family and friend issues. He lost his life for he been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

We are living the last days. We could die anytine soon. So be watch, pray and be ready!

Jtf1972
Username: Jtf1972

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry about Tim...

I believe this is the reason they closed the Penobscott Building's observatory. I heard when I worked there that it had been quite popular with suicides. :-(

I live in NYC and work just off Wall Street. A couple years ago on Valentine's Day a guy jumped and landed right below the window closest to where I work. Eerie feeling, considering I had been at the window just before. There was pink snow around the area for a couple days. In the summer there is a restaurant that has a sidewalk cafe in the street, so people eat right where he landed.

Firstandten
Username: Firstandten

Post Number: 610
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This story should remind us to not be overly critical of our fellow man and to be willing to help if possible.

This economy might be the tipping point for people who were on the edge anyway. I think its too easy to tell people that they should just suck it up and ride this out until times get better.

Some people just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel or for some people that light is a train bearing down on them

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 724
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"We are living the last days. We could die anytine soon. So be watch, pray and be ready!"

Oh, get a grip.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 5598
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

"We are living the last days. We could die anytine soon. So be watch, pray and be ready!"

Oh, get a grip.

Whatever grip Danny once had is long gone

Realitycheck

Post Number: 329
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poignant, sensitive tribute to Tim Regan today by News columnist Laura Berman with two photos.
quote:

Tim Regan was a middle-aged man -- a generous, sweet-faced, well-liked man -- who had no fallback plan when he was terminated by GM in April 2006, and who had too much pride and too few supports to reach for help in the years that followed.

When he became a corporate discard on a much-publicized "Black Tuesday," he couldn't have known how much bleaker the days ahead would be.

Riley484
Username: Riley484

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn. I went to the Beer Co. afterwork last fall and had about a 30 minute conversation with this guy. He was so incredibly friendly. This is very sad.

(Message edited by riley484 on February 16, 2009)

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 665
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOLY CRAP!
I knew this guy from the Rencen. I recently thought about how I hadn't seen him in awhile. I seem to remember him being a real nice,popular guy. This sucks.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.