Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Broderick Bar Reviews? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sean_of_detroit
Username: Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's going on with the bar in the Broderick? Is it open? Any reviews?

I don't usually do drinks anymore, so I am not really a potential customer. I was just curious about it's status, since I am very interested in the Woodward shopping district.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 656
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woodward Shopping District?

Sounds Funny!

What Shops? Haha

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point.

Of Course, there are still some ten or so left.

It isn't dead yet French. :-)

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4040
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you've got French mocking you, you know you have a problem. lol

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha :-)

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, yes. Pick on Sean of Detroit day.

Lmichigan, I didn't know you had a problem with me. Good to know, I guess.

Boo Hoo, nobody likes me. Mov, mov, movvvving on. Moving on.

Urbanfisherman
Username: Urbanfisherman

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Shit Stop? Or is something new trying to make a go of it in that disgusting health hazzard?

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Lmichigan, I didn't know you had a problem with me. Good to know, I guess.

Sensitive much? You posted something kinda dumb, and were called on it. That doesn't mean Lmichigan "has a problem with you," he just made a judgment about one of your posts, and responded accordingly. Personally, I think his judgment was both spot-on and funny. If you can't laugh at yourself...

Harmonie
Username: Harmonie

Post Number: 203
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was the Pit Stop in 2007 but when the Broderick Owners wouldn't fix anything they didn't renew the lease, and the Broderick owners opened without fixing it up. It's only open on baseball game days...or at least last year that was the case. There is absolutely no reason to go there...especially with 132 places within one square mile.

Mortgageking
Username: Mortgageking

Post Number: 253
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're up to 132 now? Vous avez inclus le Bleu?

Sean_of_detroit

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dumb? Isn't it the historic name of the district?

Mortgageking, and Borders! :-(

Townonenorth
Username: Townonenorth

Post Number: 744
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only shopping district named in downtown that I can recall is Merchant's Row. The Broderick was mostly profesional offices.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 727
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried to have a drink at the Pit Stop with some coworkers after a September afternoon Tigers game last year. The window sign said open, but after I waded through the maze of scafolding preventing the building from killing me, I realized the door was locked and nobody was home. I was disapointed :-(

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1751
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we're hanging out in the neighborhood of CoPa here, how are the bars doing in the old Tiger Stadium 'hood? Any of you Corktowners in a position to give a report?

Mortgageking

Post Number: 255
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raptor,

The only thing you missed out on by not getting into the Pit Stop was Legionnaire's Disease.

Lukabottle
Username: Lukabottle

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2009 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask Mike Higgins

Cheddar_bob
Username: Cheddar_bob

Post Number: 1687
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I was in there on Opening Day last year or the year before. They had no heat. When I questioned the legallity of that, the flunkies behind the bar assured me it was on the up and up. I felt much better then.

Harmonie

Post Number: 205
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MortageKing, I don't speak French but I'm assuming you're asking if that includes Bleu closing...and yes it does. The checklist of all 132 is here:
www.insidedetroit.org/100.html

Mortgageking

Post Number: 256
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 10:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice list.

You might want to scratch Johnnie Rockets, but you can add the Ultra Pizza Lounge.

Detroit maintains homeostasis!

Harmonie

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess the checklist (click here for printable checklist) is more updated. No Johnnie's and has Taste PizzaBar too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.