Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Who gets Nathaniel Abrahams suit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Bobl
Username: Bobl

Post Number: 351
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps the State could put Nathaniel's Pimp Suit for sale on eBay, in order to reimburse the tax payers for some of the exorbitant costs wasted in an attempt to rehabilitate him. Published reports indicate that they exceeded a million dollars. Comments?

(Message edited by Bobl on January 05, 2009)

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 3655
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Surely there is something else going on in Detroit that is more worthy of discussion.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 670
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think Kwame should wear it when he gets out.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 265
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think perhaps that one of the posters on this forum, Mr. Blksoul-X would appear rather dashing wearing it as he strolls round his "village".

Big_baby_jebus
Username: Big_baby_jebus

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, they said on the news way back it was a rental.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 6620
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That suit might cover ONE of Kwame's thighs... maybe.

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was out @ Oakland county courthouse this morning. 3 Newstrucks were out with their satellite masts raised at 9:00am. Its a pretty sad day, that this pathetic story garners the attention of all of our local media.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 4005
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This happened the last time he got in trouble. Can we stop the petty suit discussion? Really, it's very clear to me, now, the only reason why it's ever discussed.

Sparty06
Username: Sparty06

Post Number: 178
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did the state and city really spend over 1 million dollars on this kid? Just goes to show that for all the people who put their faith in government programs the family life really does make a huge difference.

Bobl

Post Number: 352
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The suit discussion is valid because it points out the upside down priorities many young people have. Many are raised without a role model or responsible parent to instill a sense of responsibility or value system. As a result, achieving superficial things like jewelry, fast cars, or flashy suits have replaced a moral compass. Rather than showing discipline and obtaining an education, too many find it easier to steal, sell drugs, etc. in order to get their bling or expensive toys. It appeared to many when Mr. Abraham chose to wear the flashy suit when released that he had not learned much while incarcerated. Turns out, he did not learn much and chose an irresponsible life style that has brought him back to prison. It is sad that he chose this despite help and support (and a lot of tax dollars) from numerous sources who tried to help.

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1205
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not just Nathaniel's bad choices, here we had responsible adults, advising Nathaniel, who agreed with his view that aspiring to be a rapper was a legitimate career choice.

Let's face it, for 99% of the population who'd like to be rappers, it's not going to happen. Adults should be honest with kids about that, not lead them on to believe they can dodge the responsibility and hard work of a regular job.

Bobl

Post Number: 355
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For more than 99% of all who wish to create art, there will be no financial payoff.
That is why they must provide an income by working for a living. The key word is "working", whether it is waiting tables, parking cars or putting in shifts in a factory, etc.
Those who choose the thug life will end up dead or in prison.
Mr. Abraham chose his fate.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 680
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2009 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The judge attempted to elicit some remorse from Abraham by telling him that if anyone else had done what he had done, they would be promising not to do it again.

Abraham's reply: he stood there silent, looking up and down with a smirk on his face. (i.e. "You can be damn sure I will return to my criminal lifestyle when I get out")

Little_mike
Username: Little_mike

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suit aside....

..... I knew he ran afoul of the law again, but what was his sentencing? If it was posted on here, I missed it.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he should be sentanced to avoid pimpwear for the remainder of his natural life

Bobl

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LM: Four to twenty years. Based on his numerous "write ups" in his previous incarceration, it'll exceed four.

Little_mike
Username: Little_mike

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a long time to go w/o a Schlitz or an E&B, Bobl !

Thanks for the reply.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2009 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

George Bushs' fault...

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But, that WAS a sweet assed suit. You gotta admit.

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 3596
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMich....you know what its all about the suit is just a cover....

Raj313
Username: Raj313

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And just wear exactly does one go to rent a pimp suit? I want one of those that goes with my diamond encrusted pimp cup.

Glowblue
Username: Glowblue

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

LM: Four to twenty years. Based on his numerous "write ups" in his previous incarceration, it'll exceed four.

It is absolutely shameful that this country believes this is an appropriate sentence for a nonviolent crime.

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^^^^^^

Especially considering the budget shortfall that we heard about in the state of the state speech last nite. Although I doubt much productive will ever come from this kid's life, at this point in time there's lots of better things that can be done with the cash

Detroitchef
Username: Detroitchef

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, let's just forget all about his first violent crime, and the violence he showed all though his incarceration for that violent murder. It's okay that he pisses away what chances at leinency he's gotten, by continuing to engage in NON violent crime now. It's not like he took a rifle and shot some random stranger, is it? It's only a little dope, and not complying with his parole, that's all.

He's a habitual loser and clearly incapable of life outside the jail system. I nominate him as the poster boy for Capital Punishment. We should have zapped him at age 18 and saved the money and aggravation. Recividist criminals laugh at you liberal 'do gooders' and the rest of us pay the price.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.