Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Granholm as Labor Sec'y - Whadaya Think? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidedame
Username: Eastsidedame

Post Number: 662
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See the paragraph that starts: "Meanwhile...."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic s/2008/12/17/granholm-runner-l abor-secretary-sources-say/

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5799
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great. A picket line crossing scab as labor secretary. Why not Mitch Albom?

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 717
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think David Bonior would be a good choice.

Detroitej72
Username: Detroitej72

Post Number: 951
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why all the hate for Mitch? That's the 2nd or 3rd time today somebody has dissed Mitch.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 5800
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mitch sucks. David Bonior would be an excellent Sec. of Labor.

Lmichigan
Username: Lmichigan

Post Number: 3922
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, David Bonior would be the best pick if you ask me. The guy lives, breathes and sleeps labor issues. I'd much rather see Granholm take Levin's job when he eventually steps down. IMO, she probably should have been a Senator, anyway.

BTW, for the record, Granholm's office said in its strongest statement, yet, today, that she doesn't want a job in the administration, and said it twice in two different ways.

Eastsideal
Username: Eastsideal

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bonior would be a good choice, but given the generally pro-management character of the people Obama has chosen so far I really doubt we'll see it.

Mitch Albom is picket line crossing scab who inexplicably made millions off of a couple of really sappy books and who may or may not have actually seen the games he writes about in his phoned-in cookie-cutter sports columns.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 14920
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I gotta say, she's really stepped up her game with this auto company debacle and the rest of the building crises the state is acquiring.

I was impressed to hear her join Quinn on his WDET show this afternoon...at the last minute...I think this pressure has cooked a little toughness into her!

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that she decided to NOT join the new DC administration, to make certain the leadership of our fair state stays a course instead of being reactionary...or Republican.

Cheers! (Go, Jenny!) Senator Granholm, that has a nice ring to it.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5050
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She said as much on Flashpoint last Sunday - that she wants to be Gov here with a friendly partner in the White House for a change

1kielsondrive
Username: 1kielsondrive

Post Number: 719
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anything to get her out of Michigan.

Gene
Username: Gene

Post Number: 144
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

"I gotta say, she's really stepped up her game with this auto company debacle and the rest of the building crises the state is acquiring"

You are being sarcastic?

If not what has she done of any substance to help the state during this crisis,other than trying to land a job in the Obama administration.

How 'bout a Cool City.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the last 50 years, please name an accomplishment of a labor secretary.

Mcp001
Username: Mcp001

Post Number: 1596
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granholm is a liar.

She's probably in high-level talks going through her and her husbands background just to be sure that there aren't any skeletons to embarass the one.

Mikeg
Username: Mikeg

Post Number: 2082
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

she's really stepped up her game with this auto company debacle

Yeah, if you consider that her "game" consists of nothing more than sounding great in front of a microphone and camera.

Granholm = all talk, no leadership (but of course, her apologists are still chiming in to say that her inability to make those things happen that were going to "blow us away" are due to Engler, Bush, a thin majority of Republicans in the State Senate, etc., etc., .......).

Williamsfamilyfungi
Username: Williamsfamilyfungi

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She would fit in great with the rest of those fascists in the administration.

Abraham
Username: Abraham

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Granholm= Good.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2954
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grandholmes sucks Obama keeps trying to fit her in but he probably realized she is just a union shill. Also Bonoir sucks, Levin sucks, Stabmenow sucks.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.