Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Belle Isle Conservatory Holiday Event « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any word on when this is? I went last year and had a blast. It was awesome learning about the plants from the expert volunteer guide and the cider, doughnuts, and choir was fantastic. The place was lit up wonderfully. Whats the word on this event this season?

Topflight
Username: Topflight

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stroll Through the Conservatory, Friday, December 19, 2008, 5-8pm. Join the Belle Isle Botanical Society for an evening at the Conservatory with song and cider and donuts. The Conservatory will be especially decorated and lighted for the holidays. Free and open to the public. http://www.bibsociety.org/cale ndar/calendar.cgi?cal_id=0&cal _start_month=11&cal_start_year =2008

Lodgedodger
Username: Lodgedodger

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dumb question time: Is the Conservatory decorated throughout the holiday season? Friday is just a special event?

Detroitstar

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info and link! For those that have never been, I highly suggest checking out this event.

Jenay
Username: Jenay

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be there - been going every year for the last few years. Love it! Get there early for the yummy hot cider.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2008 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me and the girlfriend will be there, too. Can't wait. Love the ASW Conservatory!

Detroitstar

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump...this starts in an hour. My friend backed out I'll still be going. Any other DYesers going? This is really a gem of the Detroit holiday festivals.

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 122
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.bibsociety.org/

the above link did not work
hope it is a great time

Isle_of_fun
Username: Isle_of_fun

Post Number: 123
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.bibsociety.org/

hope it is a great time

Detroitstar

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...drove all the way out to Belle Isle, Im sitting here in the parking lot and the place is dark and empty.

Bahhumbug!!

Wykkidx
Username: Wykkidx

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see it is Canceled, I hope that is just because of the snow .. I would like to see this with the wife.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 5993
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was there last Friday afternoon.

We had the place all to ourselves. The place looked great. Bummed about the huge palms that will be coming down soon in the rotunda.

BTW... the Christmas display in the Flower Room will be there at least until February.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.