Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Where are the crack dealers in your hood at « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 2951
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

they seem to be all over the place like maggots

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 282
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make it simple....where AREN'T they????

Hamtragedy
Username: Hamtragedy

Post Number: 338
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 2:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why, yours are no longer there?

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 715
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If across the old Eloise farmland is still in my NEIGHBORHOOD, I,d be willing to bet thats where they are at.BUT HEY NOT ON MY BLOCK.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 230
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the biggest problem I see when I'm in the city is the open air drug markets. It's absolutely disgusting. There's decent people living on those blocks , how they put up with that shit is beyond me.

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 300
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

none in my neighborhood...

but then i get criticized for not living in the 'D'...

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"how they put up with that shit is beyond me"

Fear and retaliation are two big factors.

Sludgedaddy
Username: Sludgedaddy

Post Number: 231
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Follow the bouncing hooker.

Retroit
Username: Retroit

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where there is demand, supply will follow. There may be "decent people living on those blocks", but, sadly, there are also drug users. For some reason, drug use is acceptable to a sizable portion of the population. I'm amazed that Proposal 1 even passed.

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2918
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never mind where the dealers in my hood are "at."

Score rocks in your own damned area or offer to pay us a Finder's Fee.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7973
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DEAD (C)KRAK HEADS are everywhere in the Ghettos in Detroit and some neighborhoods in the suburbs and ex-urbs. You all just have to know where you spot them.

Softailrider
Username: Softailrider

Post Number: 231
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't see any punks out in the street doing drive up drug sales out in the open in any of the suburbs that I frequent. The only place I see that is in the Detroit , I'm sure there's other large cities where that goes on. I'm not familiar with any of those though.

Wallins
Username: Wallins

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Decent People put up with the drug dealers because many of us have no choice. The police will not come if you call them, there is little or no police protection for the people in the neighborhoods. It takes months for the police to "verify" drug activity, in spite of you telling them where the stash is in the hollow tree outside the house,on the porch column or that there is a steady stream of people at the house twenty fours hours a day and that they only stay there for a short while. One of the questions the police asks is "How do you know they are selling drugs there"? The drug dealers will burn you out or shoot you without a moments hesitation. I see a lot of people who do not live in my neighborhood(white folks) coming in company trucks and cars during the day as well as their own cars in the evening. Perhaps, Coleman Young should have told these crackheads not to come across eight mile.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Novi Road and 12 Mile.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 4886
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Novi Road and 12 Mile.

12 Oaks Mall has a crack store now?

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Novi Road and 12 Mile.
12 Oaks Mall has a crack store now?

All those people flashing money, driving SUVs and Bentleys and in expensive clothes... I mean, fits the stereotype, don't it?

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 441
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 5:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bentleys in Novi? Minivans and SUVs, yes, but Novi is hardly Bentley country. Go to Lone Pine Road in Bloomfield Hills if you want to see that stuff.

There's plenty of crack dealing in the burbs, but it tends to be in crappier "urban" burbs like Pontiac, Mt. Clemens, Inkster, etc.

Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sigh.
Apparently no one gets my point. Or should I say "Pointe." I was addressing stereotypes.
And for the record, there is tons of rich money in Novi. I spent several years of my teenage years there.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.