Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2008 » Utilizing green space! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 1116
Posted on Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am one of those people that is fascinated with urban green space and love all that Detroit has to offer, yet I feel that Detroit's green space is so under utilized and feel that initiatives need to be passed so that these spaces are embraced. I know there are many things that can be done with both youth and adults and that the more that these spaces are utilized the greater the emphasis will be on the upkeep of these properties. The potential is limitless, and when I see what pioneers like Cub and others are doing to reshape our urban landscape I can't help but think what can be done with a little initiative, thought and exercise. Detroit is a great city and the more we get out and utilize our space the greater chance we will have to improve our landscape.

Ronaldj
Username: Ronaldj

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please feel free to explore Mariner's Park, Angel Park, A. B. Ford Park and Maheris-Gentry Park on the far east side. Also Fox Creek Park and the new Jefferson East Gardens at Newport and Lakewood.

You might also want to look at restoring the community garden at the Lutheran church at East Grand Boulevard near Field and Mack.

Help with the community garden on the southwest side near St. Anne's.

Check with Greening of Detroit Garden on Jefferson. Looking pretty poor.

Do not forget Rouge Park and Edward Hines Drive.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2008 - 6:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =V5i9YU9_Fc0

The guy in the above video has true appreciation for the many Outdoor offerings in our fair city. A good way to start the week.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.